BB website: Iron Man 2 Blu Ray/DVD Combo Pack - $14.99

Tempting...maybe, just may have to go on and bite on this one. Grr...not sure. Need..to..wait..and see...on my job!!!

its an error. Took me about 25 minutes of arguing to get it after i did in-store pick up. Other people are reporting they received it with no problem.

Description states BluRay/DVD Combo pack but the SKU is for the single DVD release. MY BB had the DVD waiting when i went to pick it up. The girl behind the counter was immediately confused because she saw it said Blu Ray. 5 people later the manager gave up the fight and gave me the Blu Ray combo at 14.99

This sounds like a categorized "not worth it", especially when Amazon has it for $19.99. That, and the movie really isn't worth seeing more than once. It felt like an episode of a TV show called Stark on the WB.

PWNED !!!!!!

IMG00479.jpg

took me about 5 min

Last edited by a moderator:
Worked fine for me. They had the dvd waiting but she notice that the paper I had showed bluray/dvd and she ran back to get it. She never scanned the barcode on the bluray and she let me go saying sorry for the mess up

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']how? pm or ispu?[/QUOTE]

they told me the website was screwed up and that it clearly said blu-ray/dvd combo so they would honor the price ...

originally i had it for instore pick-up but the computers were having problems so the cashier said i could just pay for another copy and cancel the ispu order. i said that was fine.

so Technically they pm the website

Just got a copy for $15 at the Tustin Marketplace. Apparently they had already turned down about 10 customers but the associate asked his supervisor and he honored it. Too bad for everyone that left without their copy.

It does say format: DVD, but the 'original price' is pegged at $29.98. There's no way a DVD has a MSRP that high.

They can't really argue their way out of this one. If so, there's a certain degree of false advertising behind it.

Personally, I ordered it off Amazon since this week will be a busy one for me, won't have much time to pick it up. $4 won't kill me, I figure.

Placed an order tonight and with a RZ Certificate, it was $5.27 after tax, paid for by a gift card. So free pretty much. Let's just hope I have no problems picking it up tomorrow from the store.

It's one of those "no harm no foul" things. You've basically caught Best Buy with their pants down, and they feel foolish not to honor a price that they've accepted and charged you for online. If they refuse to honor it, they credit back your card and you move on.

[quote name='Game_Dude_3']It does say format: DVD, but the 'original price' is pegged at $29.98. There's no way a DVD has a MSRP that high.

They can't really argue their way out of this one. If so, there's a certain degree of false advertising behind it.

Personally, I ordered it off Amazon since this week will be a busy one for me, won't have much time to pick it up. $4 won't kill me, I figure.[/QUOTE]

Actually most DVDs have MSRPs of 29.99, just go to any barnes and noble or FYE :lol:

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Well son of a BEST BUY!

Was this deal dead around midnightish pacific? Coz I didn't see it at $14.[/QUOTE]

The price mistake is for it online only, so if you order it online, when you go to the store it's actually the wrong sku, but they may or may not get you the Blu-Ray instead since it's their screw up.

Unsurprisingly, I went in for the in-store pickup and they had the DVD version waiting for me. After pointing out I ordered the Blu-Ray combo pack, it took them 20 mins to get me out the door with my copy.

No pushiness by the CS rep, except she said that the SKU was for the DVD version. I show her that it says the Blu-ray combo pack on my order printout. They finally get me processed by marking in the computer that I picked up my order (DVD), returned it for credit as a no receipt return (because I had a RZ certificate on it), and let me use the credit on the combo pack that they discounted to $14.99. They originally wanted to cancel my order and then have me buy the Blu-ray in-store for $14.99, but I couldn't use my RZ certificate since cancelling orders takes a day to clear (and thus a day to get my RZ certificate back). I said that was not okay as my RZ certificate was set to expire soon.

20 mins of my time, but worth it.

I just finalized my order today and even though it lists "Iron Man 2 Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack" in the heading at the top of the webpage, it now does not list Blu-ray in the item description.

I'm going to print out the webpage for proof, but was wondering if anyone happened to take a screenshot of their website (I'm kicking myself right now for not doing so last night) before they changed the item description? It used to say Blu-ray/DVD 2 Disc Combo Pack right by the price of $14.99, but no longer does.

Looks like they finally fixed it, but I still didn't do it since tax totally kills it for me here in CA and it would have ended up $16.xx, and it's $20 with no tax on Amazon, so really wasn't a great saving for me.

Ordered mine yesterday, picked it up this morning with little trouble. Girl at CS say my order was for Blu-Ray Combo Pack and exchanged DVD for Combo and I was out the door in 5 minutes.

[quote name='hbk1313']Ordered mine yesterday, picked it up this morning with little trouble. Girl at CS say my order was for Blu-Ray Combo Pack and exchanged DVD for Combo and I was out the door in 5 minutes.[/QUOTE]

No dice for me. Everything seemed to be going in my favor too. I ordered nothing but Blu-ray movies in my order, and even told the Best Buy CSR I did a search for Iron Man 2 Blu-ray on their website and ordered the movie for $14.99 even though it was showing it as DVD only. I also printed out a copy of the webpage showing Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack, and was told to take my DVD (which they gave me instead when I picked up the order) over to Returns/Exchange to get the Blu-ray instead.

I picked up the Blu-ray/DVD Combo pack (listed as $19.99) and took it over there. The employee asked her supervisor what to do, and he told her "go ahead and do the exchange". I got exciting thinking I would get it straight up. However, I was then told "Sorry for the mixup, but you'll have to pay the difference to get the Blu-ray"! At that point, I just gave in and paid the extra $5 plus tax. I should have fought it, or refused, but instead just paid the difference. :bomb:

bread's done
Back