BBV: $10 Min TIV on PS3/Wii/360 Games

greywolf501

CAGiversary!
Was just at BBV trading in a bunch of games and they were all coming in at $10, these were games that they resell for $4.99 and $9.99 so I asked what was up and they said that there must be a minimum TIV going on right now so they asked the manager and she said yes, she just hadn't put up the poster yet. I didn't ask when it ran until but I'll double check tomorrow or someone here can fill us in.

[quote name='gamer602']yup...

NOT VALID on sports games!
Many have a $0 trade value![/QUOTE]
Those smart little buggers... there goes my plan, lol

[quote name='chrisryans']Do they still have Trade 4 deals that these games would qualify with?[/QUOTE]
I wish!
However, I was in today and saw no Trade 4, Get it Free signs!

[quote name='Azumangaman']I wish!
However, I was in today and saw no Trade 4, Get it Free signs![/QUOTE]

From the BBV employees i've spoken to - the T4G1F is ALWAYS ON. They don't advertise their game promos.
They don't advertise $10 Minimum do they? But they sayT4G1F is always on.
As long as you give them 4 games that can resell for over $15 I think.
No minimum trade in value. You have to ask, there's never been a sign for T4G1F.

-will this work with shovelware wii games that are worth less than $1.00 at ebgames? just as long as they are not sports games? (far cry wii).
-do you need a membership to trade in games?
-do they ever sell wii points cards?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it should work with any games for the Wii, PS3, 360 as long as it's not a sports game. I just traded a couple games in that are only worth $1 at EB and BBV sells them for $4.99, any non-sports game is worth $10

Yes, you do need an account at BBV to trade games in and you will also have to sign a trade contract as well as set up a regular account

Yes, they sell Wii Points cards, most locations should have them as they have a small stock of accessories and games at all locations but Game Rush locations would defineately have them

So far I have found 10 360 games I have that trade in for a total of $29 at EB games.
$100 or $29...Hmmm that's tough.
Haha, make that 11 games.
I think I'll just trade in all the games I have that go for $1-$3 at EB games...I f I really want them later, I can always rebuy them. I can't imagine ever wanting to play the majority of them again though.

LOL JUST IMAGINE IF THIS WAS FOR PS2 GAMES AS WELL! I'd have like 35 more :)

EDIT: Does BBV take games without cases/manuals? I have my copy of GRAW lying around from when I got my 360...

[quote name='perdition(troy']why must you canucks get the good deals.[/QUOTE]
You guys have B1G1 on $14.99 and under games at BBV right now, that's a pretty sweet deal seeing as how the games that are under $15 are pretty good, those same titles are still $30-40 here with no discount

[quote name='Azumangaman']So far I have found 10 360 games I have that trade in for a total of $29 at EB games.
$100 or $29...Hmmm that's tough.
Haha, make that 11 games.
I think I'll just trade in all the games I have that go for $1-$3 at EB games...I f I really want them later, I can always rebuy them. I can't imagine ever wanting to play the majority of them again though.

LOL JUST IMAGINE IF THIS WAS FOR PS2 GAMES AS WELL! I'd have like 35 more :)

EDIT: Does BBV take games without cases/manuals? I have my copy of GRAW lying around from when I got my 360...[/QUOTE]

just remember they'll refuse any game if they feel they have enough copies of it on hand already,
and yes they buy and sell games without manuals and cases (they just put it a dvd case and print up a plain label) but they might take money off it.

[quote name='j940651']just remember they'll refuse any game if they feel they have enough copies of it on hand already,
and yes they buy and sell games without manuals and cases (they just put it a dvd case and print up a plain label) but they might take money off it.[/QUOTE]
Good to know. I really don't mind if they take a couple bucks off.
And I was there yesterday and I don't recall seeing any of these games there, so hopefully they won't do that.
Oh shoot, I just realized one of the games was Top Spin 2. That won't work.:D

[quote name='Azumangaman']Good to know. I really don't mind if they take a couple bucks off.
And I was there yesterday and I don't recall seeing any of these games there, so hopefully they won't do that.
Oh shoot, I just realized one of the games was Top Spin 2. That won't work.:D[/QUOTE]

i think top spin 2 might be ok unless they have too many copies.
there's things like ski,snowbrd,wrestle,mma,racing, that may be sports
but BBV won't take that into consideration.

they say No Sports Games but what they're referring to mainly is
EA Sports 200X games. everytime they have a $10 Minimum Promo
someone posts that they found a store that took all their 2001-2008
games without question. but that's so rare it's not worth trying.
there's always a huge stock of old sports games on hand from their
old rentals, so they won't even consider it 99% of the time.

Last time I went to Blockbuster here when they had this promo in Winnipeg they hadn't set up their trading system (I guess because of the bylaw here). Might have to give them a call to see if they are doing it, and go trade in some of my older games.

at least blockbuster requires a membership, so hopefully there isnt AS much hoarding as EB or Futureshop trade in promos.

i went to 2 bbvs today and NEITHER HAD THE $10 MIN. DEAL.

one went so far as to scan games for me and sure enough they came up under $10.
he said there was a $10 min. promo coming but they are revising it
right now and are changing the rules so that they ONLY BUY GAMES FOR $10
THAT THEY CAN RESELL FOR MORE THAN $10
(LOL OMG LMAO!)
duh! i wish i could've been at that meeting.

"here's an idea people, it's radical i know! but please... bear with me!"

Just an update:

This worked wonderfully at Ancaster BBV. The employee was incredibly nice. The only game that didn't come in at $10 was Top Spin 2 (sports, so I wasn't surprised at all).
Traded in:
Perfect Dark Zero
Ninety Nine Nights
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
Kameo
Far Cry Instincts/Predator
Stranglehold (this was apparently the only one that they sold for more than $10)
Wartech: Senko No Ronde
Prey
Tenchu Z
Viva Pinata
All for $100!!

[quote name='Azumangaman']Just an update:

This worked wonderfully at Ancaster BBV. The employee was incredibly nice. The only game that didn't come in at $10 was Top Spin 2 (sports, so I wasn't surprised at all).
Traded in:
Perfect Dark Zero
Ninety Nine Nights
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Kameo
Far Cry Instincts/Predator
Stranglehold (this was apparently the only one that they sold for more than $10)
Wartech: Senko No Ronde
Prey
Tenchu Z
Viva Pinata
All for $100!![/QUOTE]

that was one of the stores I DIDN'T try it at.
i'll be in there tomorrow working some trades.
thanks for the heads up.

Cool, you live in this area?
I didn't ask about the deal or anything, just brought the games to the front and she said "Wow, there must be a minimum or something!".
Which locations did you try previously?

yup steeltown. the hammer. woo.
i tried it on upper james plaza for sure and upper gage i do believe.
at upper james they scanned crap and it came up under $10.
at the other i asked and they said no. i probably should've asked at upper james if they scanned a sports game. if it works at one it should work at all.

[quote name='game_fanatic']Does anyone know if BBV takes games without the case? Manual and disc are in perfect, condition, though.[/QUOTE]

that's GOTTA be a big hell yeah. based on the number of games they sell that are in black generic DVD cases with the manual stuffed in for the cover.

[quote name='j940651']that's GOTTA be a big hell yeah. based on the number of games they sell that are in black generic DVD cases with the manual stuffed in for the cover.[/QUOTE]
Yeah that's what I figured, but when I tried trading in GH3 with the "Not for Resale" tag on the back, they flatout refused, even though it was in pristine condition; doesn't make sense that they would deny me on GH3 with the case, but allow people to trade in games with no cases at all!

Try taking it out of the case and trading it in :p

I traded in my GRAW (1) that was bundled with my xbox in a paper sleeve and b&w manual the other day. The guy put it into a black dvd case.

$10 for graw

On an unrelated note, I dropped by an out of town BBV (Milton) and I'd say 80% of their used xbox 360 games were in black dvd cases.. wtf, I'd hate buying from there (he says without a trace of hyprocrisy)

[quote name='game_fanatic']Yeah that's what I figured, but when I tried trading in GH3 with the "Not for Resale" tag on the back, they flatout refused, even though it was in pristine condition; doesn't make sense that they would deny me on GH3 with the case, but allow people to trade in games with no cases at all![/QUOTE]
They don't take the games without the case, the ones you see in store are either former rentals where they lost the case or copies where someone stole the case off of the shelf

[quote name='greywolf501']They don't take the games without the case, the ones you see in store are either former rentals where they lost the case or copies where someone stole the case off of the shelf[/QUOTE]

And yet TripleQ pulled it off!

Looks like I'll just call my two local BBVs and ask, since there are conflicting reports here on CAG heh...I'll be sure to report back my findings!

Here's the used games I have seen being sold at EBGames for $5 or less that also qualify for the $10 TIV min at Blockbuster (prices could vary at some stores):

Surfs Up (360)
Frontlines: Fuel of War (360)
Vampire Rain (360)
Project Sylpheed (360)
The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth II (360)

Also, Turning Point: Fall of Liberty (360, PS3) is being sold at TSCC for $5, but there aren't many copies left in their stores.

Happy bargain hunting :).

[quote name='TheHeeyyy']Here's the games I have seen being sold at EBGames for $5 or less that also qualify for the $10 TIV min at Blockbuster (prices could vary at some stores):

Surfs Up (360)
Frontlines: Fuel of War (360)
Vampire Rain (360)
Project Sylpheed (360)
The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth II (360)

Also, Turning Point: Fall of Liberty (360, PS3) is being sold at TSCC for $5, but there aren't many copies left in their stores.

Happy bargain hunting :).[/QUOTE]
Thanks for that!

If you really want to buy games to resell for credit, just get the $7.99-9.99 Buy One Get One Free games at Rogers Video and trade those in.

um... do you have to live in canada for this to work? aka can i drive to ontario, trade in like a bunch of games and get this? will a ny state driver's license work as id? thanx

[quote name='lpaca']um... do you have to live in canada for this to work? aka can i drive to ontario, trade in like a bunch of games and get this? will a ny state driver's license work as id? thanx[/QUOTE]

i don't see why you couldnt take advantage of this, i'd call & ask, but why would you drive all the way from NY State to Toronto? I'm sure there are eb's closer to the border. (there is an EB in the Falls for instance)

bread's done
Back