BBV - Buy 2 Used Games, Get 1 Free - All Consoles!

Jbently

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I just got back from BBV and while I was browsing the used games section, an employee informed me that they just got an email from head office stating that all used games are buy two and get one free.

Cheap T3 fodder just got cheaper!

- edited title to be more clear

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I think the PS2 B2G1 has been going on for a while now. This promo must have JUST been announced at ~4PM cause the employee who walked on over to me in the game aisle seemed surprised about it as well when he informed me.

This must be a new promo starting tomorrow. Because the $10 Min TIV Promo
ends officially at Midnight tonight. Makes sense they'd have a new promo.
This could be huge for us BBV Hunters and Trappers. $9.99 games at 2 for 1?
That's like saying Buy 2 Here get a free T3G1F at Eb :)

I just had the same thing happen to me ... an employee walked over and told me about the deal. I was looking at the 360 games, and he said the deal was for any used games, most recent generation consoles included.

Edit -- forgot to mention that the employee said the expected end date is August 9th. You've got about 10 days!

Nice...I'll check out my local BBV tomorrow. I'm looking to get Bioshock (360), GRAW 2 and probably something else for another T3 deal.

[quote name='Afrodiziak']Damn so many good deals lately.[/QUOTE]

Kind of sucks. I just dropped $1500 on a new camera. :cry:

Thanks!

I already planned to go to BBV to buy a WiiMotion Plus using BBV credit (I need to get rid of this!!!), knowing in advance for used games will permit more planning.

Just came back from one of my local BBV's. No signs, so I asked the guy at the counter. He didn't think there was such a deal, but went and checked his emails anyways, and found out that it is on. Buy 2 get 1 free on any game. Picked up MGS4, R&C and Dead Space.

On at my local BBV in London Ontario. Picked up Starwars Force Unleash, Soul Calibur 4 and Alone in the Dark Inferno. Gonna do the T3G1F deal at eb =)

Both blockbusters I went to seemed to be completely aware of this promotion and one I called (that I didn't go to) said the deal actually started Friday. So every store -should- be aware of this by now.

Just came back from BBV in Scarborough area and they had tons of trade fodder there for $19.99:

- Dead Space
- LotR: Conquest
- Lost Oddessy
- Mass Effect
- Metroid Prime3
- RSV2
- and many others

now now, let's not get too greedy :p Be thankful there are so many easy sources of T3 games now.. it hasn't been like this for awhile.

Actually...this is the EXACT same promo BBV ran at this time last year...with roughly the same prices. This is the season that got me into flipping!

This was my first time going out and loking for fodder for T3G1. And basically I got new 2 full price games for the price of 1 + some cash.

[quote name='neksus']Actually...this is the EXACT same promo BBV ran at this time last year...with roughly the same prices. This is the season that got me into flipping![/QUOTE]

This is the season that cut into my school year budget last year after I kept thinking "it's ok, I'm saving money this way!"

[quote name='neksus']Actually...this is the EXACT same promo BBV ran at this time last year...with roughly the same prices. This is the season that got me into flipping![/QUOTE]

A year is a long time to wait! I guess the timing is good though, since this is fall/winter pre-order season.

Picked out 3 at one store...and they couldnt find one of the discs. second store rang them up at full price as they thought it was only ps2 games(did give it to me). 3rd store had to call another store to even get the bar code to enter to make one free after ringing them up full price.

Ended up doing two runs to BBV this weekend. Picked up MGS4, R&C and Dead Space for $19.99 each, then went back and got Shellshock,Full Auto 2 and....Haze at $14.99 each. Used Full Auto for FNR, then turned MGS4/RC/Shellshock into Batman. Have Dead Space and Haze left, I kinda wanted to keep Dead Space for myself,plus it had no manual so I couldn't trade it in towards something, and I only ended up with Haze because that was the only other $14.99 title they had, and I was to cheap to spend more.

Got

- Infinite Undiscovery 24.99
- Sonic Unleashed (PS3) 19.99
- Ninja Gaiden Sigma 19.99

- Mad World 19.99
- Boom Blox 19.99
- Ninja Gaiden 2 14.99

Felt kinda burnt since I got 3 games without manual and they gave me Infinite Undiscovery (2 discs) on a single disc case....lol
I probably got one of their worst clerk.

Interesting fact, Madworld, Sonic Unleashed & Ninja Gaiden Sigma were all tagged 24.99, instead of 19.99.

I'll probably end up returning IU + 2 games.

So far:

Grid x2 + Lost Odyssey for $35
CoD3 Wii + PGR4 + Gears of War for $18 (GoW was labeled at $9.99 on the case but $19.99 inside)
Rapala Tourney Fishing x2 + SSX Blur for $20

Hitting up 3 more tonight and then I'm on vacation so we'll see if anything good is at those ones. Either way I'm happy.

GRRR ...I just got infinite undiscovery for 25 bucks a couple days ago . Anyway time to get saints row 2 and fear 2 and maybe bajo . Hey do you suppose if I show my receipt they will reimburse me money or soemthing or if I return the game and buy it again but now I get it for free...just wondering .

[quote name='turgore2008']GRRR ...I just got infinite undiscovery for 25 bucks a couple days ago . Anyway time to get saints row 2 and fear 2 and maybe bajo . Hey do you suppose if I show my receipt they will reimburse me money or soemthing or if I return the game and buy it again but now I get it for free...just wondering .[/QUOTE]

Their policy is you have 30 days to "return" it. But by return they mean, they're willing to get you a new copy. They're not going to reimburse you for any used games.

Managed to pick up today:

DS
$15 Disgaea DS
$10 Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings
$10 Final Fantasy Ring of Fates

PS3
$10 Oblivion
$10 Ridge Racer 7 (no manual)
$10 Ghost Recon 2 Advanced Warfighter

PS2
$10 Raiden III (no manual)
$8 Rogue Galaxy (no manual)
$5 Gradius III & IV (no manual)

Thanks OP, this deal was pretty awesome for me, & i managed 2 get some stuff for T3s if i want to.

Also on an unrelated note, my microplay had this clearance bin of abandoned strategy guides & caseless games. Went out w/C&C Red Alert 3 (PS3), Digimon World 3, Gears of War & Mercenaries 2 (PS3) for $20. Twas a very good day for me in terms of deals :)

My first hording / trading in experience. It felt slightly awesome walking out with 9 games.
First I traded in my copy of Endwar from the headset bundle for $24.

Gears of War x 2 @ 9.99 Each
PGR4 @ 7.99 (Free)

Ninja Gaiden 2 x 2 @ 14.99 Each
GRID @ 14.99 (Free)

C & C: Red Alert 3 x 2 @ 14.99 Each
GRID @ 14.99 (Free)

Now have preorders for Modern Warfare 2, Beatles: Rock Band and Brutal Legend for under a hundred dollars. Woohooo.

Back for a 3rd trip to BBV today. Once again they had no idea what I was talking about, despite thefact that I was in that exact store on Saturday and got the deal then. The csr was going to give it to me because he "didn't care anyways". So while he is ringing me up the other csr called the other BBV in town, and got confirmation. So he went and changed the signs.
I find it funny that out of 2 trips to one store I had to inform a total of 5 employees about a sale in their own store.

Anyways picked up
MGS4
SC4
Ratchet and Clank
$19.99 each

[quote name='Kelekin']Their policy is you have 30 days to "return" it. But by return they mean, they're willing to get you a new copy. They're not going to reimburse you for any used games.[/QUOTE]

They will have to reimburse if they can't get you another copy.

My BBV must have jacked-up prices, I swear there are no $19.99 PS3 games of this calibre. Fallout 3 is still $49.99 I think. The best I've seen was The Orange Box for $9.99, and I traded away that game because I hated it after passing Portal.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']My BBV must have jacked-up prices, I swear there are no $19.99 PS3 games of this calibre. Fallout 3 is still $39.99 I think. The best I've seen was The Orange Box for $9.99, and I traded away that game because I hated it after passing Portal.[/QUOTE]
Hoarders probably ransacked your local store already. Fallout 3 is actually $10 cheaper than I've seen it as it was $50 when I last saw it on Friday

[quote name='Jbently']Hoarders probably ransacked your local store already. Fallout 3 is actually $10 cheaper than I've seen it as it was $50 when I last saw it on Friday[/QUOTE]

NM you're right, now that I remember it still is $49.99 at mine. Geez, what a rip... :lol:

And I don't think the hoarders really hit mine yet, I regularly check the games there and it looks about the same as before. Probably because selection sucks.

Which BBVs do you usually hit up Cthulhu8u? I went to the Yonge/Finch and Yonge/Sheppard locations tonight, both were pretty pitiful for selection; its a shame there are no GameRush stores near me, they might have a larger selection.

bread's done
Back