BBY Razer Onza TE 360 $25.99 In store only YMMV

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Don't know if this was posted before, but BBY clearanced the Razer Onza TE Xbox 360 controller to $25.99. Next cheapest on Amazon is $59.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Razer+-...+360/2352146.p?id=1218326040465&skuId=2352146

Lots of mixed reviews of it being overly sensitive (IE registering a down after flicking the stick up). Along with the D-Pad becoming stiff after short use. But many good reviews from the professional reviewers.

Not grabbing it myself, but just throwing this out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
been looking for a decent controller under $30...
anyways although it says free shipping on the title it also states that shipping is not available. lets me add to cart but the final check cant go thru.... double fail

[quote name='xXTwilightXx']been looking for a decent controller under $30...
anyways although it says free shipping on the title it also states that shipping is not available. lets me add to cart but the final check cant go thru.... double fail[/QUOTE]

Bah didn't even check as it said free shipping. Normally it denotes if it's not available online.

So YMMV i guess as most stores probably will not have this item.

These are pretty decent controllers. The shell feels somewhat cheap, but for a nice wired controller with analog with adjustable sensitivity, these are pretty good for the price.

The thumbsticks and buttons in general are not very durable. I had purchased one of these around the time Dark Souls came out and after 30 hours of non-abusive usage, both bumpers had lost their click and the left one had stopped working completely. The face buttons, while the micro-switches are very nice and the controller has a great feeling overall, do not last very long either.
At the 60 hour mark I had a partially worn-down and defective left thumbstick, defective B, A, RB, LB, and LB2 buttons, and the USB end of the nice braided USB cable (which still coils up, frustratingly enough) had become defective forcing me to replace it with one from another wired controller.
If you do some light research on the lifespan of these controllers, it's not very long at all. And while $26 isn't a terrible price for them they are very comfortable and the adjustable tension sticks is a nice touch), you're better off grabbing a first-party MS controller for $30 from AWD or something if you want a controller to last more than a hundred hours.

Oh and I forgot to add, Razer knows of the issues with this controller and may replace yours if you see such numerous issues.
They also have a much better model, the Sabertooth, coming out in some vague amount of months.

[quote name='VVaffle']The thumbsticks and buttons in general are not very durable. I had purchased one of these around the time Dark Souls came out and after 30 hours of non-abusive usage, both bumpers had lost their click and the left one had stopped working completely. The face buttons, while the micro-switches are very nice and the controller has a great feeling overall, do not last very long either.
At the 60 hour mark I had a partially worn-down and defective left thumbstick, defective B, A, RB, LB, and LB2 buttons, and the USB end of the nice braided USB cable (which still coils up, frustratingly enough) had become defective forcing me to replace it with one from another wired controller.
If you do some light research on the lifespan of these controllers, it's not very long at all. And while $26 isn't a terrible price for them they are very comfortable and the adjustable tension sticks is a nice touch), you're better off grabbing a first-party MS controller for $30 from AWD or something if you want a controller to last more than a hundred hours.[/QUOTE]

That makes it sound like it's not worth $10, let alone $26.. so many defects after 60 hours.

[quote name='VVaffle'] you're better off grabbing a first-party MS controller for $30 from AWD or something if you want a controller to last more than a hundred hours.[/QUOTE]

what's AWD?

Saw this for $12.99 in the local clearance listing at a bestbuy. Check your local listings. Just a heads up for anyone that wants to try it on the cheap and become friends with razer customer service. I had an original one, but only lasted a few months before the trigger button started to be flakey for me.

bread's done
Back