Be careful with....

Status
Not open for further replies.

8ball305

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (94%)
Be careful with gameoverrg, he/she has yet to send me payment for items that he/she bid for in my lowball. I have tried to contact him/her via Pm's and didn't seem to work. He/she didn't even Pm me back at least with a reason why he/she hasn't paid like the rest of cag members that took part of the lowball. I don't know if gameoverrg wanted to scam me. So just saying to be cautious with gameoverrg .

[quote name='8ball305']Be careful with gameoverrg, he/she has yet to send me payment for items that he/she bid for in my lowball. I have tried to contact him/her via Pm's and didn't seem to work. He/she didn't even Pm me back at least with a reason why he/she hasn't paid like the rest of cag members that took part of the lowball. I don't know if gameoverrg wanted to scam me. So just saying to be cautious with gameoverrg .[/quote]

Thanks for a heads up.

Well Im still waiting for his payment, and I been waiting for a long time, and he doesnt even have the curtesy of sending me a Pm saying, sorry for wasting your time but Im not going to pay for the items won.

[quote name='8ball305']Well Im still waiting for his payment, and I been waiting for a long time, and he doesnt even have the curtesy of sending me a Pm saying, sorry for wasting your time but Im not going to pay for the items won.[/quote]

What did this CAG win? If he doesn't pay, I might buy if it is indeed a lowball on something I don't already have.

PM me if it doesn't work out.

oh..... that is long.

contact the mod.

did you send the item already? i'd think you probably did not there no scam involved. just unpaying bidder.

Thanks for the heads up - He bid on a ton of stuff in my lowball sale. I was a bit cautious at the negative feedback with 3 positives, hopefully this will all turn out for the best.

Personally, if that were my bids I wouldnt have paid either. gameoverg had $16.50 worth of items off the lowball auction yet you're trying to charge $19 to ship 11 items. Even though through USPS Media Mail it would cost no more than $6 or 7 to ship that whole lot in a box no larger than a shoebox.

The items would have to weigh nearly 50lbs for the shipping to cost $19. Where as the 11 items(which by myestimate after weighing similar items) would weigh about 6 to 7lbs boxed with packing materials(yes i weighed 7 games and 4 metal cased boxsets with a half lb of paper and a box).

The cost to ship 7lbs of games via media mail is $4.33 add $1.50 for delivery confirmation.

So if gameoverg won $16.50 worth of items, add $1.50 for dc to make it $18, $6 for shipping and packing to make it $24, where does the other $11.50 come from?

Well like I said every game after that would be 1-2 dollars and I did specified to look at what they were bidding on and to add shipping for every other item. And it is a lowball so no matter what they're still going out with a great deal if you think about. Well like I said he could of contacted me with a reason why he wouldnt pay for the items. Now if you think thats unfair than I cannot do anything about it for is you own opinion and not mine. And the poster was not going to be free for me to ship, also not included in his bids, that was for me to send to him for free as a gift. Now tell me were you're going to find that poster.

You give away a freebie and its on you how to get it there, cant say somethings free then charge $10 to ship it. I had the same problem in another lowball auction and I dont think I'll be participating in anymore lowballs unless its dv8mad's himself. To use the shipping to recoup losses on a few lousy games is unethical, downright dirty.

The person who bid in the lowball auction got lowballed themselves after you tacked on grossly overcharged shipping costs.

Im not charging shipping for it, dude is an additional 1-2$ for every other game. If you do the math right you should get the same result as I did. And is not dirty when people don't know how to follow the rules, I was just mentioning the freeby since is more than a freeby. All he had to do is take a minute of his time to write me a message and tell me he wasnt going to pay for the items and that would of been the end of it, I would of never giving him negative feedback or created this thread.
Now as for your opinion in never taking part of a lowball than sorry to hear that, and since their lousy games it wont matter to you.

Just cause its put in the rules doesnt make it right, its a bullshit rule. $1-2 extra for extra items isnt supposed to be for EACH item, its $1-2 to compensate for increased shipping cost based on ACTUAL shipping cost and not merely to INFLATE the costs so you can pocket more money.

Just because theres some leeway in the grey area of a rule doesnt make it right to abuse the grey area.

OK, you dont seem to understand but thats ok. If you go to any lowball they all have the same rule, if he wanted to bid on so many of the items he should of thought about it and all I asked for was a reply to the countless Pm's sent to him. You dont expect to pay shipping only for one item and than get the rest of the items for no shipping and 1$ per item. But if this was your problem I wouldnt get on your case, I didnt abuse of anything. Now if you think thats over priced than theres nothing I can do for you since your not gameovergg.

So you're saying that if i had a lowball auction, and you won say....12 items at a cost of roughly $20, you're ok if i charge you $55 for everything? even though in reality i can send those items to you for $5 and im pocketing an extra $30 that in no way did i earn through the sale or the work to package the items

not exactly.... I did not have the same rule in mine when i ran it. I charged actual s/h.

The rule set by dv8 is just a guideline. I do agree that the $1-2 for each additional item rule is sometimes unreasonable. Each has their own way of running the lowball. unfortunately, many are taking advantage of the $1-2 additional item rule (just like ebay). Seriously, if you buy like 10+ games they should all fit nicely into large flat rate box which cost only like $12-$15.

You can find a decent sized box for free when you go to the grocery store, rip up an old unwanted gaming magazine or newspaper for packaging, and shove 20-30 games into the free box with crumpled paper and the only cost to you is the time it took to grab the empty box while getting your weekly loaf of bread and jug of milk.

On top of that, that box of 20-30 games would only cost about $7 to ship via media mail, saving both the shipper and shipee money. And if you're really into saving money, you can schedule a pickup at your house via www.usps.com and the mailman will come to your door to pick up the package at no cost to you.

There really is no reason for insane shipping charges, you can ship 23lbs of books, video games, dvds, cds and electronic devices for under $10. and the paypal fees on $24 is roughly $1, so the sad fact is there are very VERY few situations where anyone should have to pay more than $10 to ship anything unless the two parties agree to use priority mail to speed up the shipping process.

Personally, I'll wait the extra 2-3 days for media mail at half the cost, and right now my dad is still employed as a mail carrier, so i know that currently the postal system is quite low on mail going out, so media mail is being shipped and delivered at a very reasonable 3-5 days, sometimes closer to 3 days.

the usps ships you shipping boxes for free.... and they have flat rate boxes that can be used for like 7 bucks priority.

... end of thread...

Fail.

[quote name='xsuicidesn0wmanx']You give away a freebie and its on you how to get it there, cant say somethings free then charge $10 to ship it.[/quote]

You absolutely can, if it's something heavy/large, like... a guitar or something. This is heavily dependant on what the item actually is.

[quote name='xsuicidesn0wmanx']
There really is no reason for insane shipping charges, you can ship 23lbs of books, video games, dvds, cds and electronic devices for under $10.[/quote]

If you have electronic devices in your package, you no longer qualify for media mail. You run a very high risk of your package being opened, marked as bad, returned to you, and you're out the shipping cost. I actually have been warned at the shipping counter that they are cracking down on this, and I've received a few media mail packages that were opened and inspected. If you have not, then you have been lucky.

Overall, I really hate using media mail to ship unless I'm actually shipping heavy items. I find it unacceptably slow in most cases (I've had packages take anywhere from 2 to 21 days to arrive), so I only use it if the person I'm trading with/selling to requests it. I prefer priority where possible.

As for asking $1-2 extra per item, it fully works out if you go priority, but I agree there is an upper limit. I will likely cap shipping at flat rate on my own auction, and have stocked up on priority flat rate boxes in preparation. The rates are somewhere in the range of $5, $10, and $14 if I recall, there is no $7 flat rate box.

Last edited by a moderator:
While the shipping may have been a bit off, The person bidding knew the charges where going to be there. And if he didn't like it he could have atleast tried to negotiate a better deal instead of bidding then bailing on it.

Thank you for this random anger thread, I actually learned something from it. I have been shipping everything via USPS 1st class or priority if its over 1LB. I actually did some research just now on flat rate shipping, limitations on media mail... Boy was i shipping wrong for the most part :O

Do these boards have a Shipping FAQ? If not, maybe some of you veteran shippers can pen something up :bouncy:

Errr, sorry for topic derail.

[quote name='priest_ridden']While the shipping may have been a bit off, The person bidding knew the charges where going to be there. And if he didn't like it he could have atleast tried to negotiate a better deal instead of bidding then bailing on it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The person was aware of the cost before bidding - there were no hidden charges as far as I am aware. By bidding he is essentially entering into a contract to purchase the items if he wins. He should at least have the decency to respond to PMs.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but that shipping was inflated to hell. Flat rate usps box is about 10.99, Large Flat Rate 13.99 , no excuse for 19 bucks at all. And that is ignoring the previously mentioned media mail options. It sucks for you OP that he bailed but at the same time you were milking the system anyway.

I agree that shipping cost was inflated. However, the cag who is not replying to pm's bid on the items and the shipping fees were stated. Negative feedback was properly left. If you don't like the terms don't bid or contact the seller prior to bidding. This thread should be closed as it has no more purpose since negative feedback has been left!

I don't understand why folks argue about people's prices. Just don't buy from these people, period. It is your choice and if you choose to purchase items from them, then you have choosen to pay their prices. It is like trying to argue with Best Buy because Fry's has an item cheaper. Easy solution, just don't buy from BB, go to Frys.

[quote name='d3solut3']Thank you for this random anger thread, I actually learned something from it. I have been shipping everything via USPS 1st class or priority if its over 1LB. I actually did some research just now on flat rate shipping, limitations on media mail... Boy was i shipping wrong for the most part :O

Do these boards have a Shipping FAQ? If not, maybe some of you veteran shippers can pen something up :bouncy:

Errr, sorry for topic derail.[/quote]

I've actually contacted one of the mods about writing a Shipping Guide for the trader forums here, My parents were both USPS employees and my dad is still a carrier for the post office, plus as a family we've shipped over 2000 packages on ebay, so I have a lot of information about how to find boxes and packaging free, as well as how much it should cost for shipping as little as 1 game and as much as 50 games(or more).

In addition there are a lot of easy steps that can be taken to prevent damage during shipping I plan on adding as well. Using the proper sized box for the type of shipping used. Sometimes its better to use Parcel Post for small items, larger items its better to use media mail, and almost always cheaper to use media mail, but you need a larger box with more packaging for media mail to prevent crushed items. I'm still waiting to hear back from the mods if I can get their help with it though, I'd like for the post to be stickied right away and locked to prevent early derailing.

[quote name='xsuicidesn0wmanx']I've actually contacted one of the mods about writing a Shipping Guide for the trader forums here, My parents were both USPS employees and my dad is still a carrier for the post office, plus as a family we've shipped over 2000 packages on ebay, so I have a lot of information about how to find boxes and packaging free, as well as how much it should cost for shipping as little as 1 game and as much as 50 games(or more).

In addition there are a lot of easy steps that can be taken to prevent damage during shipping I plan on adding as well. Using the proper sized box for the type of shipping used. Sometimes its better to use Parcel Post for small items, larger items its better to use media mail, and almost always cheaper to use media mail, but you need a larger box with more packaging for media mail to prevent crushed items. I'm still waiting to hear back from the mods if I can get their help with it though, I'd like for the post to be stickied right away and locked to prevent early derailing.[/quote]

That would be cool, but there has been a lot of talk about sending video games USPS Media mail and as far as I know, that is a no-no. Video games do not count as "Media" according to the USPS. Packages can be opened to check the contents and if the USPS deems the contents to not qualify for Media mail, they can be sent back to the sender.

I only charge actual shipping costs plus any fees I might incur (Paypal, cost of bubble mailer/packaging).

[quote name='xsuicidesn0wmanx']I've actually contacted one of the mods about writing a Shipping Guide for the trader forums here, My parents were both USPS employees and my dad is still a carrier for the post office, plus as a family we've shipped over 2000 packages on ebay, so I have a lot of information about how to find boxes and packaging free, as well as how much it should cost for shipping as little as 1 game and as much as 50 games(or more).

In addition there are a lot of easy steps that can be taken to prevent damage during shipping I plan on adding as well. Using the proper sized box for the type of shipping used. Sometimes its better to use Parcel Post for small items, larger items its better to use media mail, and almost always cheaper to use media mail, but you need a larger box with more packaging for media mail to prevent crushed items. I'm still waiting to hear back from the mods if I can get their help with it though, I'd like for the post to be stickied right away and locked to prevent early derailing.[/quote]

Is it safe to assume you received my PM on the situation?

[quote name='thebob101']That would be cool, but there has been a lot of talk about sending video games USPS Media mail and as far as I know, that is a no-no. Video games do not count as "Media" according to the USPS. Packages can be opened to check the contents and if the USPS deems the contents to not qualify for Media mail, they can be sent back to the sender.

I only charge actual shipping costs plus any fees I might incur (Paypal, cost of bubble mailer/packaging).[/quote]

had to find proof for this first, but yes, video games CAN be mailed media mail.

ebay shipping guide for media mail

specifically this line in particular seals it.

Items that you CAN ship via Media Mail:

• "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" book
  • "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" DVD
  • "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" computer game
Items that you can NOT ship via Media Mail:

• Harry Potter lunch box (with the Quidditch Thermos)
  • Harry Potter Enesco figurine
  • Harry Potter genuine Magic Wand (okay, so I haven't seen this yet, but I'm sure it's coming)

So yes, video games CAN be sent through media mail, however game magazines, any magazine for that matter, cannot. This includes comic books that cannot be sent via media mail as the pages are littered with advertisements. Also any burned media or personal recordings(i.e. cd-r's and home vhs) are not allowed to be sent via media mail, only commercial recordings. As video game software is considered computer software, it counts towards media mail. After all, game consoles are specialized computers in the end.

Hope this clears it up a bit, most of this will be in my shipping guide, which will cover priority mail, parcel post, and media mail.

dv8
Shipping:
If you win one item, shipping is $5. *Each additional item will be $1.50.
Seem steep? Remember I live in Japan. I am not looking to make money on shipping.
I will more than likely still end up paying more for your shipping than you paid in nearly all cases.
dv8mad lowball sales are about good deals for you and a little extra cash and free space for me. Let's make it happen!
* If you end up with a bunch of light things, I will refund some of the shipping to you afterward if it's more than a few bucks difference.
For those that quotes dv8 should read carefully at the updated guideline.

Also regarding video games sent by media mail, it should be done with caution. Amazon used to have video games listed in media mail shipping guideline, but it was taken out. USPS media mail guideline does not list video games as well.

I'd try to be safe and just ship things through priority if the difference is not too big.

[quote name='dinobot']dv8
For those that quotes dv8 should read carefully at the updated guideline.

Also regarding video games sent by media mail, it should be done with caution. Amazon used to have video games listed in media mail shipping guideline, but it was taken out. USPS media mail guideline does not list video games as well.

I'd try to be safe and just ship things through priority if the difference is not too big.[/quote]

I talked with dv8mad about that last nite, and he said that if he finds he overcharged shipping to someone he'll refund a portion of the shipping charge back, which is very honorable.

As for the video games through media mail i've done some more research for extra clarity. As far as the forms of video games that can be sent via media mail, it appears that Cartridge Based games might be the ones in question. They are technically a Computer Readable Media, but are NOT cd, dvd, or diskette based. So NES, SNES, n64, Genesis and SMS games probably arent going to be allowed. But for the bulk of users sending 360, ps2 & 3, wii and psp games, those are covered under media mail, ds im not so sure of. For non-disc based media it may be safer to ship parcel post rather than media mail, and in some cases for one or two items might still be cheaper first class rather than parcel post or media mail. size, contents, weight and distance are all in consideration when it comes to shipping. Media mail can be popular for sending 360 and ps3 games due to them being disc based computer software, and the cost to ship from ny to california is the same as nyc to buffalo. Shipping the same item via first class might be cheaper if its only going to buffalo, but if you're sending to california, the cost balloons due to the increased distance.

There are a lot of factors to consider when trying to decrease your shipping cost, all of which i hope to touch base in with my guide.

The game were shipped in a well patted mailer enveloped purchased at USPS, the games are use and are not new, never mentioned the were new. Now as for the cases being broken I have no control when I ship the item and what/how they handle them. Now Vice City is an old game and was played in my PS2 Fat that scratched the games, but the game works good, LCS was played in my slim only once or twice. And the only fault in the box that I take blame for is VC that has a small cut. But other than that the bottom of the cases were not broke, but ofcourse your not going to believe a cag member with less feedback than the other so I just let you guys judge. If I should take blame for USPS mess handleing packages, I have received packages that thing break and USPS does nothing about it even if you tell them that the item is fragile.

[quote name='8ball305']The game were shipped in a well patted mailer enveloped purchased at USPS, the games are use and are not new, never mentioned the were new. Now as for the cases being broken I have no control when I ship the item and what/how they handle them. Now Vice City is an old game and was played in my PS2 Fat that scratched the games, but the game works good, LCS was played in my slim only once or twice. And the only fault in the box that I take blame for is VC that has a small cut. But other than that the bottom of the cases were not broke, but ofcourse your not going to believe a cag member with less feedback than the other so I just let you guys judge. If I should take blame for USPS mess handleing packages, I have received packages that thing break and USPS does nothing about it even if you tell them that the item is fragile.[/quote]

You sound like a doucher

[quote name='8BitWonder']Wow...... Ummmm...... Yeah! Too much drama. Did we buy the right for the Guiding Light?[/quote]

santa barbara was a better show.....or so i heard...............

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back