Be leery using Craigslist

Whoa, that's crazy.

"In two of the incidents, the victims drove to San Jose to meet the suspect or suspects."

My aunt lives in san jose and uses cl all the time. Need to call her NOW! :D

Don't see how this is any different from people just robbing people in general. I mean how is this different from a regular armed robbery?

[quote name='dtarasev']Don't see how this is any different from people just robbing people in general. I mean how is this different from a regular armed robbery?[/quote]

It's not really, but it leaves no doubt that it was pre-meditated (sp?). Plus it is good to know for all of us who use craiglist.

This goes with all rules of meeting someone from the internet. It doesn't matter what your meeting someone for (tade, buy/sell, date, hangin out, etc).. always meet in a really public place and if you can--bring someone along.

[quote name='schuerm26']This is pretty easily avoided though. MEET SOMEWHERE THAT IS HIGHLY PUBLIC!![/quote]

Good idea (along with "more than one person there to meet"), but it might be hard to do a public transaction if you're selling something like a 27" Console TV...saw one in my local CL the other day.

Also, never takes personal checks. I knew a guy who used old business checks from a company he used to worked for (no longer in business at the time) to buy a $1,000 computer (back when they were $1,500 minimum) from the local paper ad. He got the computer and the seller was ass out of luck if he tried cashing it.

Before driving off, they flashed a gang sign and said "this is West Pittsburg," a possible reference to their neighborhood

Holy shit this is the funniest thing I've read all day. I love it when people "represent." :rofl:

I use craig's list all the time, Only thing is a lot of people say they will buy some thing and never call or email again. I have been trying to sell my DS lite+ brain age for a week now and have gotten 3+ people call me on the phone and tell me to hold it for them till "tomorrow" and never call again. Not o mention all the people that ask "do you still have it?" and never respond to your response. Still I did get a Mac mini for $300 for craig's list so I can't complain too much. I always meet my clients at Leon's ice cream (it's the place that the hangout from happy days is based on) Tons of traffic and a low crime rate area.

I've met two people from the internet in person (TGN). One in Mass. and one in Colorado.
One from Craigslist (sold him my iPod--no problems) here.
And one from this godly site (Pooooooky). Watch out, he's a pedo. :p

I'm not stranger to this crap. Doesnt bother me.

Just sold a DS lite at the icecream shop via craigs list last night. On a side note back in 99 I got dragged to some chicks house because my cousin meet a girl in a AOL chat room that turned out to be living a block away from my house. Turned out to be a pretty good encounter.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']Just sold a DS lite at the icecream shop via craigs list last night. On a side note back in 99 I got dragged to some chicks house because my cousin meet a girl in a AOL chat room that turned out to be living a block away from my house. Turned out to be a pretty good encounter.[/quote]

did you cousin get some?

[quote name='PINKO']did you cousin get some?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and I got to hang out with her chick friend that was pretty decent. But I'm not a man-whore like him so nothing happened.

I usually meet people in a crowded parking lot or in Downtown during the day/afternoon when there are a bunch of people walking around when I'm dealing on Craigslist.

[quote name='vietgurl'] there are a bunch of people walking around when I'm dealing on Craigslist.[/QUOTE]

Dealing? sounds like your selling drugs.

bread's done
Back