"Beat Up" Xbox for sale + Fable. $60 shipped!!

dbiersdorf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
Alright so I have two Xbox's, one really nice one which I'm keeping and this other "beat up" one. Here's the problems with it -

1.) The disc drive is a little screwy, sometimes you have to pull it out manually or push it in manually. It still works just like any other, it just gets stuck.

2.) Booting up games it will rarely scramble the screen, however if you wait a minute or two the game will end up working. It doesn't happen often, and the only game that it ever happened to me for was the original Halo and the game XIII, other then that everything else worked fine.

3.) There's stickers on the shell. Not cool ones either, you know those alaphabet stickers you can buy, that are usually used for school poster boards and stuff? Well those are all over the top, and aren't exactly easy to get off.

The cords and a controller come with it as well, so you shouldnt have a problem playing from the get go. All offers are welcome, even trades, I just don't have much use for it. Also including the game Fable, it's complete and original copy (no platnium hits).

All for a sweet $60 shipped.

$25, again seems to low, especially with shipping costs, which I'm going to assume will be about $15+ dollars. I sent a Saturn recently and that's around the same size, but less in weight, and managed $14 in shipping (with insurance and DC though). Around $10 for an Xbox just doesn't seem worth it IMO.

However if I don't get anything I guess I'll have to, I'll make sure to keep you in mind.

I will trade you a snes system still in the original box with 2 controllers. All the original pcking is there.

Accameron truthfully it's not humorous, now if you did something actually funny, then I wouldn't mind. So don't take this personally, but, GET THE fuck OUT OF MY THREAD.

kthanxz

@dmes65 - I already got two Super Nintendo's (one mini, one normal), thanks though!

[quote name='dbiersdorf']$25, again seems to low, especially with shipping costs, which I'm going to assume will be about $15+ dollars. I sent a Saturn recently and that's around the same size, but less in weight, and managed $14 in shipping (with insurance and DC though). Around $10 for an Xbox just doesn't seem worth it IMO.

However if I don't get anything I guess I'll have to, I'll make sure to keep you in mind.[/QUOTE]
I would seriously take the parts suggestion. Youd need to score probably $50 for the unit for it to be worth your time/materials/costs etc. to sell the damn thing and thats going to be a stretch to get. Yes you dont need parts now but in a couple of years that pristine xbox might not be so pristine and you will. (esp. if bwcompat. isnt all they say it will be)
Honestly, its just not worth the time and trouble to make $20 especially if in a year or so you DO need parts and sold your old parts unit off for what equals one platnium hits game.

Eh, why would I need the parts? If my Xbox falls apart (however the hell that would happen), I wouldn't know how to open it up and fix it with new parts anyways. Plus if I would probably have a 360 by then, and hopefully the majority of the games I want to play would be "allowed" on the system, leaving me not using my original Xbox anyway.

Ahh how I love backwards compatability.

Fair price, but I'll leave it out there for now. If I can't get the tickets I want for Raw this Saturday then I'll more than likely try and haggle you a bit for it ;)

Erm, had one of those and sold it. Just not enough good games for it.

Got any games? I'm open to most system (SNES, Gen, N64, PSX, PS2, GCN, Xbox, PSP, DS, all GB...)

Didnt see it on your want list , but what about a sealed copy og gta san andreas. Last attemp and I will leave you alone and wish you good luck.

Why don't you just sell it to eb or gamestop? i'm they'll give you at least 50 and you don't have to pay for shipping or anything.

Have you considered ebaying the parts? The case and disc drive might not fetch more than a few dollars individually, but the motherboard, hard drive, and power supply, sold separately, could fetch you over $50 easily, even after shipping.

People will pay a decent amount for a nonworking xbox on ebay because of the many things you can do with it. I'd try there if you want to get rid of it for a decent amount. Then you get the bids plus to charge enough for shipping.

Too bad the $70 trade-in credit at EB just ended. I know you wrote that you'd prefer cash, but if they would have taken it, that would have been a good option. You could have used the credit for either something you wanted or something that would be easier to sell for cash (and would be cheaper to ship). Anyhow, I know that doesn't really help, sorry about that. Good luck, I hope you find it a good home.

I'd consider trading you a couple games for it, why don't you check my list and let me know. I mean it works, so why not?

EBGames is still giving $70 in credit or $56 in cash for an xbox with wires and one controller. Or starting on 11/6 they are giving an extra 20% credit on EVERYTHING(includes accesories, systems, games, & DVD) if you put it towards a XBOX 360 system!!

[quote name='Redeema']I'd consider trading you a couple games for it, why don't you check my list and let me know. I mean it works, so why not?[/QUOTE]

I saw Dig Dug for DS, that's about it.

Still available, I was in Denver this past weekend so I don't know who's interested or what now.

Having shipped an Xbox, in Microsoft's "approved packaging" (two foam pieces, one on each side, and a box that just fits around it), it was right at 10 lbs.

[quote name='dbiersdorf']What did the shipping cost you then?[/QUOTE]
Microsoft paid for the shipping. Guestimates would have been $15 or so via UPS.

I was giving weight on it, where you could go to the USPS.com website and figure out shipping costs from it.

bread's done
Back