Beatmania Controllers?

tauruskatt

CAGiversary!
I've been looking for a good deal on one of these for months, but the average price online (from actual import sites that sell japanese new controllers) have remained basically the same since a friend of mine bought his like a year ago :cry:
I've tried the local 'specialty' game store near me, but they said they've only ever seen one, and it sold. they could order one for me, but i get the impression it'd be cheaper to fly to japan and buy one then to have them do that, and sadly, they pretty much agreed with me. -_-

are there lesser known sites or coupon deals that maybe i've missed? i've been burned by ebay, and the auctions i've seen of them there tend to wind up close to if not more then the same price as somewhere like playasia's ( http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-88-77-6-15-beatmania-70-3fh.html ) or elsewhere anyway. buying it would mean i'd have to get an import/modded ps2 to play it, so i'd rather be picky about the deal, since it's a bit of an investment ^^;

~

if ure looking for a IIDX one, ure way out of luck man.

either u pay full price or you never have one.

NEVER I SAY!

You could also check the marketplace forums on bemanistyle. Sometimes people randomly sell off IIDX controllers for around 70-80 shipped.

Hehe I'd say getting a IIDX controller now is alot better than getting it when it first came out for PS2. I thik I paid 118 for mine in store at hypergame action. Last I checked Lik Sang had a good price for free shipping.

I've also been in search of one myself. I'm just getting back into Beatmania. What sucks when searching online is that when searching "Beatmania Controller" you almost always will only get the official Konami controllers, which are a given 70-100+ bucks. That price range isnt working for me. Basically no 3rd party controllers will pop up, as was the case with me. So if your interested in cheaper, 3rd party controllers, here are what ive found so far.

After a little roundabout searching i found these:

Rave-Discman:
ps2-ravediscman.jpg

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=22&products_id=1413&

and

DiscJockey Controller:
ps2-discjockey.jpg

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=22&products_id=4913&

I've heard terrible reviews for the Rave-Discman, and from just looking at it, the buttons dont look very practical. What made me interested in it at first was that you can easily change from left-handed to right-handed. But again, ive heard terrible things about this.

As for the DiscJockey, i really cant say. It sucks that u can't change sides for the turntable, but that shouldnt bother too much huh? One thing though, what the hell i sthat pedal for??

-jon

I'm 100% positive that Konami plans to bring Beatmania stateside this year, as they announced this at E3 in May.

Be on the lookout for stateside-released games and controllers coming in November of 2005.

IGN link:

Beatmania

I thought Beatmania IIDX was going to be released in the US. Though, I think they said at E3 something like in 2006? I was looking for deals on these too, but once I heard that, I figured I could wait (even though that is a freaking long time).

Edited to add:
Bah, I was beat!

[quote name='Luckychunk']I'm 100% positive that Konami plans to bring Beatmania stateside this year, as they announced this at E3 in May.

Be on the lookout for stateside-released games and controllers coming in November of 2005.

IGN link:

Beatmania[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I heard. If you can wait that long, I say just get a US controller once it comes out. That's what I'm going to do.

Yeah the rave discman is pretty bad. I picked it up for like 12 dollars while I was in HK and thats about how much it is worth is 12 dollars. The turntable is horrible, there is way too much resistance in it. That and there is a lot of spacing between the buttons.

bread's done
Back