Beatmania official discussion

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
So, I know a ton of CAG's got this, how are you liking it? I just got it for practically nothing (yay for trade-in's!!) and I'm really loving it so far. It's hard, but really fun.

Does anyone know if Konami sells a turntable seperately? I really want to try the doubles modes with two tables side by side, but I don't want to spend another $65 on the bundle just to get a second controller.

[quote name='Roufuss']So, I know a ton of CAG's got this, how are you liking it? I just got it for practically nothing (yay for trade-in's!!) and I'm really loving it so far. It's hard, but really fun.

Does anyone know if Konami sells a turntable seperately? I really want to try the doubles modes with two tables side by side, but I don't want to spend another $65 on the bundle just to get a second controller.[/quote]

That's the cheapest you can get for a controller. I've been playing IIDX more than 5key since I only like a few of the songs with 5key. I'm going to mess around using modifiers for the first time next time I play.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']I wanna get a new rythm game for my ps2... but I can't decide between Beatmania and Guitar Hero.... Anyone whos played both have some input?[/QUOTE]

Guitar Hero is sooooo much better.

I got it, but after 10 minutes of playing it, I decided to play Guitar Hero. :p

I will give it a proper play soon enough. I've been wanting to play it ever since learning about it via some Intertron video of a guy playing some 803 note song perfectly at a speed I can't comprehend.

/still wants Dance Freaks home version :(

I reviewed it (for X-Play, so it won't be up for a while). Nowhere near as good as Guitar Hero, or basically every other music/rhythm game. It doesn't feel like you're part of the song, the music is lame, and the controller is essentially a glorified calculator with a rotary dial on one end.

Since I suck at beatmania (Mixwaver), hard, I'll stick with DDR since it's the only rhythm game I can play with skill. Those huge keys get on my nerves though.

I like it a lot, way more than the Beatmania 5 Key PS1 imports I own. The controller is so great and IIDX mode is a lot of fun. I wish I would have gotten it years ago (import)

bread's done
Back