Beautiful Katamari $19.99 at Amazon.com

YES!!! Finally the magical amount!

...Shoot...just ordered the blue 360 controller and this would have gone perfect. Minutes too late!!! Now I need $5 filler.

[quote name='GunstarRed']YES!!! Finally the magical amount!

...Shoot...just ordered the blue 360 controller and this would have gone perfect. Minutes too late!!! Now I need $5 filler.[/QUOTE]

Cancel that order and make a new one.

...Shoot...just ordered the blue 360 controller and this would have gone perfect. Minutes too late!!! Now I need $5 filler.[/quote]If you don't already have it, the DS Headset is $5. I used it with Blue Dragon a couple weeks ago to get FS. Haven't opened the headset yet though, not really sure if it's worth it, but $5 isn't too bad.

i bite , i use a oficial Nintendo Wii Wheel as a filler.........

thnxs guys..........

[/quote]

I guess $22.99 2 1/2 months ago from Amazon was close enough for me. . .

Perfect price if i had amazon prime >.<

Ill wait for a universal drop to $20 since the backlog is big...thanks for the heads up on the deal tho :)

This is a perfect price for this game. It's well worth $20, and you can always slap on the DLC if you're craving more. Multiplayer is pretty much dead, but it wasn't any good anyhow, so no big loss there.

happy rolling

Eh, I have heard the first two PS2 games are better (and you don't have to pay extra to download the other half of the game). Plus, I have read that the creator really only intended to make the first one (Katamari Damacy). He was sort of forced into making the rest. I'll just get that one.

Always, ALWAYS, a price drop when I have money I'm supposed to save for something else.

Oh well, looks like I'll be re-buying this. Thanks OP.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Eh, I have heard the first two PS2 games are better (and you don't have to pay extra to download the other half of the game). Plus, I have read that the creator really only intended to make the first one (Katamari Damacy). He was sort of forced into making the rest. I'll just get that one.[/QUOTE]

You'd be talking of Keita Takahashi, and you're right; the original game director and creator worked on TWO games: Katamari Damacy and We Love Katamari for the PS2. Every game after that have not involved him in any way.

This would be one of them. I have not played the others outside the first two. All I can say is that the first two PS2 games are awesome!

If you liked the PS2 games then this is a no-brainer at $19.99. Yeah, the original guy might not have made it, but they took the formula and made an excellent next-gen Katamari. The graphics are crisp and bright (NO jaggies!) and the engine is better with way more items on screen and smooth transitions - no lengthy pauses to load. And don't forget the lure of achievements - and the ones in this game are fun to go for and not frustrating and pointless (except for the 100 hour one ;)).

If you slap on the DLC at around $20 you get a full-length Katamari experience for $40 total which is what it should have been to start with. But still, I don't regret getting it day 1 for $39.99 (plus the DLC).

And the multiplayer was pretty fun for what it was - some of the best times I've had on XBL so far, actually. It doesn't hold up over time though as there are only 5 levels to battle in.

why would you guys use such worthless junk as wii wheels and ds headsets as filler? amazon sells everything. why not grab a book, cheap movie, or even something like an extra hdmi cable or something to pad your order?

If I had known this was going to happen, I wouldn't have jumped on Advance Wars last week. :bomb: I've been waiting for this to hit $20 for forever, but I just can't justify it after GTA4, Mario Kart Wii, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, AW, and the huge 360 used spree I went on with the coupon last week.

I'm just glad I didn't get Beautiful Katamari WITH that coupon last week after all, as I was sorely tempted.

[quote name='thakingrocka']why would you guys use such worthless junk as wii wheels and ds headsets as filler? amazon sells everything. why not grab a book, cheap movie, or even something like an extra hdmi cable or something to pad your order?[/quote]

because i needed the wii wheel so me and anyone who play the game at the same time have the same experience.........

[quote name='thakingrocka']why would you guys use such worthless junk as wii wheels and ds headsets as filler? amazon sells everything. why not grab a book, cheap movie, or even something like an extra hdmi cable or something to pad your order?[/quote]
I don't have any $5 books off the top of my head I want to read; good $5 movies, while it happens, don't always coincide with another items sale, movies I want to buy are probably going to run me more than the $5 filler I needed; and I don't need an extra HDMI cable right now (although I didn't really think about any of those things since, well, I WANTED THE DS HEADSET).

Why are any of those items you listed any better than a headset or the wii wheel? Granted, I might not ever use the headset, but then there are a LOT of movies sitting on my shelf unopened, books going unread, and cables not... er, cabling.

[quote name='io']If you liked the PS2 games then this is a no-brainer at $19.99. Yeah, the original guy might not have made it, but they took the formula and made an excellent next-gen Katamari. The graphics are crisp and bright (NO jaggies!) and the engine is better with way more items on screen and smooth transitions - no lengthy pauses to load. And don't forget the lure of achievements - and the ones in this game are fun to go for and not frustrating and pointless (except for the 100 hour one ;)).

If you slap on the DLC at around $20 you get a full-length Katamari experience for $40 total which is what it should have been to start with. But still, I don't regret getting it day 1 for $39.99 (plus the DLC).

And the multiplayer was pretty fun for what it was - some of the best times I've had on XBL so far, actually. It doesn't hold up over time though as there are only 5 levels to battle in.[/quote]

Dude, you're making me want it now. Dangit, you bastard!

Haha, I still think I should get one of the PS2 games first though...

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Eh, I have heard the first two PS2 games are better (and you don't have to pay extra to download the other half of the game). Plus, I have read that the creator really only intended to make the first one (Katamari Damacy). He was sort of forced into making the rest. I'll just get that one.[/quote]
The second one improved on the first in every conceivable way imo. As noted by romeogbs19, the original creator was in on the first AND the second game. I can't speak for the quality of any of the ones past We Love Katamari, but if you're only going to get one, I would get We Love Katamari instead of the original.

[quote name='io']If you liked the PS2 games then this is a no-brainer at $19.99. Yeah, the original guy might not have made it, but they took the formula and made an excellent next-gen Katamari. The graphics are crisp and bright (NO jaggies!) and the engine is better with way more items on screen and smooth transitions - no lengthy pauses to load. And don't forget the lure of achievements - and the ones in this game are fun to go for and not frustrating and pointless (except for the 100 hour one ;)).

And the multiplayer was pretty fun for what it was - some of the best times I've had on XBL so far, actually. It doesn't hold up over time though as there are only 5 levels to battle in.[/QUOTE]

Disagree with this review completely. I loved both of the PS2 Katamari games, but the 360 version is not good at all. The controller is not suited to the game like the Dualshock and the graphics do not look much different than the PS2 version. The levels lack a lot of the creativity of the PS2 games and the DLC issue is just a huge slap in the face to people who actually paid $40 when it came out like I did. My advice to everyone is just to buy the two PS2 games for the same price as this and avoid some disappointment.

[quote name='JBaby']Any opinions on the music on the 360 version? I loved the music on the PS2 original.[/QUOTE]

I am loving the music so far. I don't think they'd be capable of making a bad soundtrack, no matter who is behind the game.

Fry's has it on sale for $14.99 for those that have one local. It's been that price before too along with Soul Caliber Legends.

bread's done
Back