Beautiful paragraph from Obama

elprincipe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
60 (100%)
From his remarks about intelligence failures, I found myself admiring this bit of speechifying:

[quote name='Barack Obama']Here at home, we will strengthen our defenses, but we will not succumb to a siege mentality that sacrifices the open society and liberties and values that we cherish as Americans, because great and proud nations don't hunker down and hide behind walls of suspicion and mistrust. That is exactly what our adversaries want, and so long as I am President, we will never hand them that victory. We will define the character of our country, not some band of small men intent on killing innocent men, women and children.[/quote]

Hear, hear! It's a shame the rest of his remarks were things like "we need to follow up intelligence leads when we get them" (no shit). But that is a pretty sterling argument against many of our policies since 9/11, ranging from the creation of expensive bureaucracies like DHS and TSA to unbelievably expensive wars to indefinite detention of American citizens without charge to warrantless wiretapping.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Pretty talk. Now let's watch the walk.[/QUOTE]

This. Start by getting rid of the TSA as it stands now and then we'll talk.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']This. Start by getting rid of the TSA as it stands now and then we'll talk.[/QUOTE]

ive heard a lot of "get rid of TSA" talk. my questions is, what are you going to replace it with? well, the answer would be pretty much the same thing with a new acronym. instead of getting rid of TSA hold it to higher standards, improve it, make new policies. but getting "rid" of it, wont help.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']ive heard a lot of "get rid of TSA" talk. my questions is, what are you going to replace it with? well, the answer would be pretty much the same thing with a new acronym. instead of getting rid of TSA hold it to higher standards, improve it, make new policies. but getting "rid" of it, wont help.[/QUOTE]

I said getting rid of it how it stands right now. That would mean getting rid of it to form a new organization or improving the existing one. The current system isn't working and Obama knows it, but he won't do shit about it.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I said getting rid of it how it stands right now. That would mean getting rid of it to form a new organization or improving the existing one. The current system isn't working and Obama knows it, but he won't do shit about it.[/QUOTE]

fair enough, i just read it differently.

youre right, obama wont do shit about it, and nobody will. the main reason is because the attack was avoided, no thanks to TSA, but still they get off the hook for the most part because nobody died. now if that plane had actually blown up, crashed into a couple buildings in detroit then you might actually see something get done.

The flights were international, therefore out of TSA's jurisdiction, no?

Not sure how I see this being blamed on TSA - more on CIA's lack of movement on the information they received (from his father, no less).

[quote name='mykevermin']The flights were international, therefore out of TSA's jurisdiction, no?

Not sure how I see this being blamed on TSA - more on CIA's lack of movement on the information they received (from his father, no less).[/QUOTE]

TSA did not do the screening. TSA does set the policy and procedures for international screenings that other countries have to comply with for flights inbound to the US.

[quote name='elprincipe']From his remarks about intelligence failures, I found myself admiring this bit of speechifying:

Hear, hear! It's a shame the rest of his remarks were things like "we need to follow up intelligence leads when we get them" (no shit). But that is a pretty sterling argument against many of our policies since 9/11, ranging from the creation of expensive bureaucracies like DHS and TSA to unbelievably expensive wars to indefinite detention of American citizens without charge to warrantless wiretapping.[/QUOTE]

So you like the flowery vague indefensible portion of the speech, but then there is all that boring specific part of the speech. Don't worry Obama will learn that the American people love vague non sense that makes them feel good. Obama is realizing that trying to give a time frame for anything or a general percent or number concerning any economic concern only makes his approval rating go down....

"We need to good things like we did in the past in America! Fight for freedom that is taken away by governments and Companies. Americans deserve all good things in all good forms. We must remain loyal to our flag and God and defeat Evil men that don't like all the good stuff our country stands for, and we will win everything! God and freedom is GOOD! "
-Obama 2011

bread's done
Back