BECK:Mongolian Chop Squad - best dub ever?

tehweezner

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
i never watch anime dubbed as most dubs are terrible. usually the english voice actors are just very bad.

however i just finished BECK dubbed and i'm so impressed. the voice acting was excellent and the singing was awesome as well. for those that watched the japanese original, what did it sound like?

great show too, i really enjoyed it. :cry::cool:

This is one of my favorite recent anime series. I've only seen a fansubbed version, so I can't compare it to the dub. The only issue I could see someone having is that the lyrics to the songs are mostly Engrish (bad grammar), but that's pretty typical of Japanese music. I really like the overall feel of the series and I can't imagine the characters with different voices...but I'm pretty 'anti-dub'.

[quote name='Zen Davis']The only good dub I've ever seen is the Street Fighter 2 V series.[/QUOTE]What about Bebop and FMA?

It is a very good dub, but I'd say the Japanese dub's better just because it better fits the Japanese kids that can speak some Engrish, too. It's easily the greatest show to come out in years.

[quote name='Liquid 2']What about Bebop and FMA?[/QUOTE]
I love FMA dubbed. I usually prefer subbed but it has a charm to it that I really can't explain.

I agree with Frisky on Beck. I haven't finished the series though I am curious as to what the dubbed songs sound like.

The first Akira dub was really good, Robotech and Transformers G1 was pretty good and Fist Of The Northstar wasn't that bad. Thats about it for what I could stomach

Supposedly "You're Under Arrest" has the best dub ever. I haven't actually seen the show or OVA or anything though.

i did like bebop dubbed.. the movie had great voices too, vincent especially.

are the BECK OSTs you can buy at amazon/etc the japanese voices? i need a few songs from the english version, esp. moon on water (koyuki's and the end credit version)

i have to say this anime stirred up the emotions.
when koyuki and saku go separate ways at the end of ep. 25 i felt like crying a little :cry:
great show

anyone read the manga of it? is it still going?

[quote name='tehweezner']are the BECK OSTs you can buy at amazon/etc the japanese voices? i need a few songs from the english version, esp. moon on water (koyuki's and the end credit version)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the OST's on amazon are the original japanese songs. I really hope they release another soundtrack with the new songs.

Man, I sure do love this show. I've read a ton of the chapters and have seen all of the shows up to the ending of season 1 ( I think). Did they ever make another season for it?

Anyway, is the dub straight to DVD or on TV?

[quote name='Punk_Raven']Man, I sure do love this show. I've read a ton of the chapters and have seen all of the shows up to the ending of season 1 ( I think). Did they ever make another season for it?

Anyway, is the dub straight to DVD or on TV?[/quote]
It's just 26 episodes, nothing more. It's only on DVD at the moment. I'm hoping AS is smart enough to pick up to air on Saturdays.

Yep, I watched the whole show dubbed about a month back - they did an absolutely phenomenal job with the show, and the English language version is far superior to the original in my eyes. The crazy Engrish of the Japanese version was funny, but not one bit convincing.

[quote name='Liquid 2']What about Bebop and FMA?[/quote]
Watched both of them before they were dubbed. Never needed to watch them with English afterwards. FMA is probably the best show I've ever seen, anime or not. It's crack.

bread's done
Back