Become a Test Subject for an ARG

[quote name='Andami']I doubt this is about gum. Seriously, who would put this much elaboration into promoting gum?[/QUOTE]
Um, a gum company? The gum is their livelihood and they spend gobs of money on various advertising campaigns. There's no reason for a gum company to not put something like this together to advertise a new line of flavors. It's no different than a game or movie production company doing the same thing.

I'm thinking the QR code will be build up over time, based on the filename being qr9.jpg, and that it looks like 9 pieces can fit in that box.

Got the black envelope today. Inside is a "Y" shaped strip with the flashing blue device over the icefly.

The flashing is a repetitive pattern (ruling out morse code), however, mine might have a short in it, as I can turn it off with a sudden movement or tap.

It came with a slip:
"We are both creatures of the senses, you and I - we inhabit the same reality, simmering just below the perceivable world.

THE PULSE IS GROWING. CAN YOU FEEL IT?"

looks much too expensive to be a videogame, but generally yes, I cannot think of anything else

UPD. When video is finished and you are able to click, click on the door, it is going to zoom. Then click one more time. The timer says, there is 13 days and 23 minutes left until something happens

UPD2. There is a comic pages in your profile, you need to log in to read. http://survivalcode.com/users/logview.aspx?page=1

On the survival code website there is a "Game Code Activation" thing you can click on, you have to log on. i wonder if we will all get codes through email or something for this so called game

I tried to take a picture of what I got today.

missionicefly50.jpg

The QR code on the band is for www.missionicefly.com (and the band says "mission icefly" on it, as you can see). The band intrigues me - what is with the "y" shape?

No other "codes" or anything I could find. I noticed there is also a small QR code on my profile (called QR9.jpg) on the site, but none of the decoders I have tried can determine what it is. Anyone figure that out yet?

EDIT: Okay, I think I have the answer the the shape question - it looks like these were the same ones that were dropped and fell like helicopters....

[quote name='PlumeNoir']I tried to take a picture of what I got today.

missionicefly50.jpg

The QR code on the band is for www.missionicefly.com (and the band says "mission icefly" on it, as you can see). The band intrigues me - what is with the "y" shape?

No other "codes" or anything I could find. I noticed there is also a small QR code on my profile (called QR9.jpg) on the site, but none of the decoders I have tried can determine what it is. Anyone figure that out yet?[/QUOTE]
It's a helicopter as far as I know. Drop it to the ground and it'll spin. Or maybe I just don't understand this ARG thing. Don't really care enough to figure anything out :p

[quote name='EeveeFanboy']It's a helicopter as far as I know. Drop it to the ground and it'll spin. Or maybe I just don't understand this ARG thing. Don't really care enough to figure anything out :p[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I figured that out before seeing your post! :lol:

Man, I checked out unfiction, and they have already ripped this apart. (Not what exactly it is, but they're digging deep.)

And I wish they had one of those capsules in the Detroit area - I could have split work early. Those icefly things are sweet!

EDIT: Even called the number at the bottom of http://traelekinstitute.com/ ...I wish I started digging into this sooner. (I kinda forgot after I signed up.)

The profile QR code looks like it's the middle part of a 3X3 box so probably as time goes on there will be more of the QR code until we eventually can piece the whole thing together, could lead to a trailer of the game...or maybe a free pack of gum!
[quote name='PlumeNoir']I tried to take a picture of what I got today.

missionicefly50.jpg

No other "codes" or anything I could find. I noticed there is also a small QR code on my profile (called QR9.jpg) on the site, but none of the decoders I have tried can determine what it is. Anyone figure that out yet?

EDIT: Okay, I think I have the answer the the shape question - it looks like these were the same ones that were dropped and fell like helicopters....[/QUOTE]

I'm not convinced this is for a video game. I mean, you have to buy 5 Gum with the iceflies on them to get the "keys". I'll do it though, just because it's fun. And hey, if it turns out to be for a game in the end, even better. Either way, it'll be fun.

[quote name='PlumeNoir']
And I wish they had one of those capsules in the Detroit area - I could have split work early. Those icefly things are sweet!
[/QUOTE]

I already had about 5 people willing to drive around the area looking for stuff is Detroit was part of it.

I'm so confused I tried scanning the QR code looking thing on my login page and my phone didn't scan it so I'm guessing it's not a QR code. I also have no idea what the "Test Facility Keys" are or how to get a code.

Reasons for Halo ARG:
Made by the same ad company

Reasons for gum:
Video seems like something gum companies would do

Me: I doubt it's either one of them. After watching the videos, there doesn't seem to be a strong connection to either one of them, so I'm guessing it's something completely different.

[quote name='MrPiggles']Reasons for Halo ARG:
Made by the same ad company

Reasons for gum:
Video seems like something gum companies would do

Me: I doubt it's either one of them. After watching the videos, there doesn't seem to be a strong connection to either one of them, so I'm guessing it's something completely different.[/QUOTE]

Maybe cross promo between the two? We saw Halo Mountain Dew drinks + promo so why not gum?

[quote name='admiralvic']Maybe cross promo between the two? We saw Halo Mountain Dew drinks + promo so why not gum?[/QUOTE]

Imagine if Halo 4 turns out to be a giant 5 Gum commercial. :whistle2:#

Ok, I keep reading things about comics or something under the log files, and the way people are talking seems like they didn't do anything special....so what I am asking is; is there anything missing from my profile??

hpp_profile.jpg

EDIT: And yes, I cut out the preservation code

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Ok, I keep reading things about comics or something under the log files, and the way people are talking seems like they didn't do anything special....so what I am asking is; is there anything missing from my profile??

EDIT: And yes, I cut out the preservation code[/QUOTE]

There are pictures under the log files under prelude on mine which aren't on that image of yours.

Looks like this definitely has something to do with 5Gum. If you go to www.5react.com and click on the products button on the bottom, it shows pictures of their different flavors. Each pack has a different picture on it that matches the ones on our profile page under the Constellation Keys. The 5react home page doesn't seem to be active yet, but when clicking on Australia or New Zealand as your country it looks like they had a cross promotion with X-men the Firtst Class. This better be one hell of a cool cross promotion. Here's hoping for Halo 4.

This is a pretty intense and high budget ARG for something so little as a new flavor of gum. Hopefully they're launching an entire product line or something. Not that I care but you may as well get your money's worth.

[quote name='Filoleg']looks much too expensive to be a videogame, but generally yes, I cannot think of anything else[/QUOTE]

Gum: The Blockbuster Film

Yup, those constellations are definitely on the packages of gum. So nobody found any codes yet or do people not chew 5 Gum?

I don't really chew gum in general, so if the codes are sharable, that would be excellent ;)

[quote name='Fearia']I'm not convinced this is for a video game. I mean, you have to buy 5 Gum with the iceflies on them to get the "keys". I'll do it though, just because it's fun. And hey, if it turns out to be for a game in the end, even better. Either way, it'll be fun.[/QUOTE]
I guess the advertising is working :p

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Are the gum packs that contain the codes already available? Wish we knew what it was before buying them. Will check around for coupons.[/QUOTE]
there will be a icefly on the back like this
2jabuj9.jpg

[quote name='woodylobster227']there will be a icefly on the back like this
[/QUOTE]

When I went to go get some of this gum, there was no packs at the store with the icefly on it :(.

For those in the general vicinity of me (Madison Heights, MI), I found a ton of the gum (Flavors: Rain and Vortex) at the 7-11 Gas Station on Dequindre @ 11 Mile. I picked up 4 packs (since we can use 3 codes currently) since I didn't realize you needed a lot of gum to get all the codes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice gimmick to get people to go buy a new product. I wish i did not waste my time on this if i want gum i will buy the stuff i already love.

FAIL IMO... Sad how it implies you sign up you get to test something. I guess we are testing there gum and paying for it. Hahahahahaha I will not be a sucker on this one.

[quote name='vashtheowner']There are pictures under the log files under prelude on mine which aren't on that image of yours.[/QUOTE]

This doesn't make any sense then, what could I have not done that you guys did...?

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']This doesn't make any sense then, what could I have not done that you guys did...?[/QUOTE]

I have no clue lol did you sign up before the timer ran out?

Do you have to get codes from each different flavor to activate all the constellation keys or can you enter multiple codes from the same flavor? Vortex was the only flavor with the codes at my local Walmart.

You can use the same type of gum, but will need over 10 packs to get all the constellations and keys.

What are the gum codes for exactly? Any idea what they unlock or are you guys just wasting your money on a shit ton of gum?

bread's done
Back