Bed/Mattress

PapiChullo

CAGiversary!
I'm getting ready to move out into a house with a couple buddies, and I need to get a bed for my room. I'm looking for a full sized bed for a reasonable price. I don't really want to spend more than 250-300. But any tips on where to start looking, or places with good deals or discounts/coupons?

[quote name='PapiChullo']I'm getting ready to move out into a house with a couple buddies, and I need to get a bed for my room. I'm looking for a full sized bed for a reasonable price. I don't really want to spend more than 250-300. But any tips on where to start looking, or places with good deals or discounts/coupons?[/QUOTE]

family, no doubt... ask a cousin of yours who already went through college/the move out scene and chances are they will have a bed they can pass on to you. Thats what happened with me. My cuz had one for her apt during college than moved out with her current fiancee and bought a bigger bed for them. Needless to say, free matress/box spring for me.

Also, a cheap route would be to just buy the matress and not worry about getting a boxspring. Also, think about getting a futon. They are hella nice for sitting/playing vids durin the day than sleeping at night.

250-300 is a lot by my standards haha

you can probably build your own memory foam one for around that price

or you could just get a mattress from ikea and then put a nice memory foam on it

Check out the "AS IS" section at Ikea. The Ikea near me always have lots of mattresses + frames for much less than retail, just make sure to find one that still has the plastic wrap on it. Best time is go is right in the morning for the best selection. I once got a $800 leather couch for $50 there, it had busted legs, but I was able to fix that very easily.

You can get a really good air matress for that price or a cheap futon.

Even amazon has a cheap futon set for $150:

http://www.amazon.com/Elite-55-3544...?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1172815755&sr=8-28

Although quite a number of people tend to develop back pain from sleeping on a futon or air matress for too long so you might consider finding a really cheap matress and putting an inch section of wood under it, I had a cheap bunkbed that was designed like this and it was reasonably comfortable.

Maybe I'll look at IKEA. Only thing is that one of my friends got a bed from there and it caved in. And I don't want a futon, those things aren't very comfortable to me.

If you have a sams club, or a costco near you they'll let you in on a guess pass. They have mattress for about $250 or so. Also if you live in a decent sized city. They should have a mattress outlet type store.

If you have a Denver Matress Company in your area, check there. I bought a queen size pillow top w/ box springs and frame for $500. They had several closeout/display models for sale pretty cheap but I didn't like any of them. As far as futons go, you'll spend as much or more than the cost of a matress to get one that will stay comfortable for more than a few months. I thought about getting one instead of a couch, but after shopping around I said to hell with them.

check out craigs list. I bought a $850 king koil about 5 months ago for only $150..used, yes but still cant beat it. I also sold my old bed on there for like $200. if its on there for $200 you can probly get it for $150.

[quote name='mer71']A word of caution!! Do not buy a mattress with a stain on it. ;)[/quote]

Stains, at least you can see. You should be more worried about the shit on a used mattress that you CAN'T see.

TBW

I went to sleepys for a queen size matress and box spring. I told the guy I needed it cheap and they have this bargain basement area. He did some searching and found the cheapest combo, about 400 for both of them and they are really comfy too. Im saure just a matress will be around 250 300 if you can find a place like that.

Bernie's has serta mattresses on sale right now with free box springs when you buy the sale price mattress...You can easily get a full size for that price.

They're only in the Northeast though.

I'm going to go looking tomorrow afternoon. I'm going to look at IKEA, Value City Furniture, and some bed warehouse one of my roommates got their bed from. Hopefully I find something reasonable at one of those places.

Seriously, call some of the places in the classifieds of the paper that offer mattresses cheap. Usually they're stores just trying to unload extra stock. I once got a king size pillowtop set for $200 from that, and they delivered it for an extra $30. It was a great deal.

Picked up a Full today for $235 with mattress, box spring and frame from a Mattress warehouse kinda thing. It was weird because the guy ran it from his house, but had a "warehouse" and a trailer outside full of beds.

yeah, that'll get you some bedbugs for sure...

For anyone else shopping for a bed, get a sleep number. Easily the best purchase I've ever made in my life. I've gone from having chronic back pain since I was a teenager and sleeping for about 4-5 hours a night because I would wake up miserable to having almost no pain at all anymore and sleeping 6-7 hours easily and 8 or more if I get no distractions.

Well i work the mattress department at Macys part time and if u want an alright mattress that ur gonna put a topper on anyway look for the Thayer from Sealy, gonna be between 300-400 depending on the sale we have but the nice feature is that it comes with a 10 year manufacture warranty(covers "caving in" if thats what your worried about) and has the extra features that their posurepedic offers.dont buy the 200 one we sell cause its garbage.

bread's done
Back