Bee Movie HD Canceled only 2 more HD DVD movies coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsullo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I read this on another website today:

DreamWorks announced Thursday that it will end its support for the HD DVD high-definition format and will not release Bee Movie in the format on March 11 as originally scheduled. Meanwhile, a Paramount spokesman has told the website High-Def Disc News that next week's releases of Into the Wild and Things We Lost in the Fire will be the studio's final ones in the format. It canceled its April 1 release of Sweeney Todd and its April 15 release of There Will Be Blood, but it did not indicate when those titles will be issued in the Blu-ray format

That's not 100% true on Bee Movie. Yes it has been pulled from retailers websites but I preordered mine through Amazon and it will be shipping today. As well as have a copy on hold at Hollywood Video as it came in yesterday for them.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']That's not 100% true on Bee Movie. Yes it has been pulled from retailers websites but I preordered mine through Amazon and it will be shipping today. As well as have a copy on hold at Hollywood Video as it came in yesterday for them.[/QUOTE]

It should have shipped yesterday from amazon. All my new releases that I preorder from them always ship on Monday's.

[quote name='rodeojones903']It should have shipped yesterday from amazon. All my new releases that I preorder from them always ship on Monday's.[/quote]

I guess we will see about that then. I have been reading on dvdtalk and a few others as their responses from Amazon have been "Yes your order will ship" but they are also really good about canceling the preorders as well. But either way I have a copy cuz of my Hollywood Video getting one and it's already on hold.

[quote name='rodeojones903']It should have shipped yesterday from amazon. All my new releases that I preorder from them always ship on Monday's.[/quote]

Indeed. And the Bee Movie HD-DVD has been pulled from Amazon's website. I'd expect an e-mail soon.

Yeah only 2 more left guys.

March 11, 2008

March 18, 2008

March 25, 2008

April 01, 2008

April 08, 2008

April 15, 2008

April 22, 2008

May 13, 2008

May 20, 2008

May 27, 2008

[quote name='Lice']Yeah only 2 more left guys.

March 11, 2008

March 18, 2008

March 25, 2008

April 01, 2008

April 08, 2008

April 15, 2008

April 22, 2008

May 13, 2008

May 20, 2008

May 27, 2008

[/QUOTE]

The article said 2 more planned for that studio. However if all these do come out than great. I won an HD player. So I would like to see them all released.

I wouldn't get to excited about any of these... I bet they will be pulled.

[quote name='Lice']Yeah only 2 more left guys.

March 11, 2008
March 18, 2008
March 25, 2008
April 01, 2008
April 08, 2008
April 15, 2008
April 22, 2008
May 13, 2008
May 20, 2008
May 27, 2008
[/quote]

[quote name='taint mcgee']Why on earth is it worth 102 dollars?!?![/QUOTE]

I bet he doesn't really have one. If there is no real photo of the movie then the chances are slim that the seller has it on hand.

[quote name='rodeojones903']I bet he doesn't really have one. If there is no real photo of the movie then the chances are slim that the seller has it on hand.[/QUOTE]
From the ebay auction:

Question & Answer Answered On
Q: Do you really have the Hd-dvd Version of this movie? I was under the impression it was canceled by the publisher. Mar-11-08
A: Do to all the email I am getting I can not respond to all. I do have the Bee Movie. If you do not believe I do then pls do not bid. Thanks.
By answering that question he is basically telling us that it was not canceled. Thus one could assume that it will be available in stores, and therefore it's not worth $100.
If he was smart he would say he has a demo copy and that yes it was canceled.

If the Ebay auction guy was truthful and smart, he would put up a real pic and say definitively Yes, I have the HD-DVD version of the Bee Movie. There is no reason for him to be so ambigious, unless he is stupid or lying.

[quote name='lurknomore']If the Ebay auction guy was truthful and smart, he would put up a real pic and say definitively Yes, I have the HD-DVD version of the Bee Movie. There is no reason for him to be so ambigious, unless he is stupid or lying.[/quote]

100% correct. His response was highly ambiguous. First of all, he was acting very defensive. Second of all, all he said was that he had the movie, not that he had it in HD-DVD. I would not take his auction and BS answer as any kind of proof at all that the movie was released.

[quote name='sandman007']Holy shit! It's up to $405![/QUOTE]
Looking at the feedback, the seller has never sold or bought an HD DVD before. He has only bought and sold standard DVDs.
I bet it was a typo, and he meant to sell the standard DVD.

[quote name='techstar25']Looking at the feedback, the seller has never sold or bought an HD DVD before. He has only bought and sold standard DVDs.
I bet it was a typo, and he meant to sell the standard DVD.[/QUOTE]

Whatever it is, I cannot think of one movie to own a copy of that is worth $400.

This sounds to me exactly like what happened with the "Ed Wood" DVD a couple years ago. It was sent to stores and then recalled back (because of some copyright issue or something) but some people got ahold of it. Then it went crazy on eBay etc. etc.

I'm sure there are copies there at retail stores and at the warehouses that Amazon owns. On the same hand though I wouldn't be surprised if alot of these are being sent back to the publisher.

Personally though I think recalling this or cancelling it is stupid, they should just leave the initial press run out there and just not press any more copies is what I say...but that is just me...

PS-> Whomever wins that eBay auction is gonna be sorry later (or they will not pay in the first place:p )

*The above are my opinions, minus the ed wood story, as that part is fact.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']I am picking mine up as we speak. Will up the pics when I get back from lunch.[/QUOTE]
You'll be the only one in the free world with a copy then. I hit up google and found at least 5 other forums with long threads full of people running around like crazy checking 10-15 stores, calling and going in person, and nobody can find a copy. However one person did say that Sears got some but was told to destroy them. So they do exist, but nobody can get their hands on it.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']I am picking mine up as we speak. Will up the pics when I get back from lunch.[/QUOTE]

well it looks like they made my Hollywood send it back. She had it last night but couldnt sell it due to the date. Oh well here's hoping for my amazon order to come through

If anyone is in the Seattle area check Scarecrow Video. I remember when this happened with the Ed Wood DVD they kept their copies and sold them instead of sending them back!

I would go there myself to check but alas I no longer live in Seattle...but if you do then you may be in luck to find a copy of this vanishing disc.

It's always amazing to see companies rather destroy stuff then just sell it at cost or clearance. They'd rather it not be sold than not make money! If they had already printed and packaged these and are telling stores just to send them back or destroy them then that's pathetic.

I don't understand how fucking stupid someone can be to be bidding $400+ on a movie. I'd need at least 50 hd dvds for that price right now. Still wouldn't pull the trigger on that one probably.

IF anyone actually gets one in hand I'd love to see a REAL picture and not as someone already said a HD case with a bee movie printout. The actual disc is what we'd need to see.

It's always amazing to see companies rather destroy stuff then just sell it at cost or clearance. They'd rather it not be sold than not make money!

Well, in many cases, there are reasons why the item NEEDS to be destroyed. The Ed Wood DVD mentioned above is a good example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back