Been looking to complete SMT colllection

Pikagreg

CAGiversary!
Feedback
66 (100%)
Howdy I am still semi-new to CAG so sorry if this doesn't belong here :p.

I have been collecting all of the Shin Megami Tensei games lately and have come down to my last find. I have been looking for a decent priced Digital Devil Saga 2 for awhile now but the only place that I have seen for under 50 dollars is Gamestop. However the closest one that has it where I live is a good distance away :/

If anyone knows a good place for old ps2 games or willing to sell/trade I'm interested.

I have been viewing the site for awhile now but am only recently starting to get interested in buy/sell/trade from the site if anyone who has been using the site for awhile would be willing to help out a nub my aim is iampikagreg lol.

Thanks in advanced!

If you make friends with the ppl at your local GS's they may be willing to submit a store to store transfer. Other than that, You'll be hard pressed to find a copy for less than $50 unless you get lucky at a Pawn Shop, Craigslist, ebay, etc.

It is and it isn't. I have seen them at Gamestops before but its kind of a hit or miss when it comes to condition of games there, especially for ps2 games. I work at one myself and we really don't have much control over used shipments we receive from other stores.

Where I'm from anyways its mostly computer based and we just receive a used game box in every week and get a list of games we need to ship back to the warehouse.

[quote name='Pikagreg']It is and it isn't. I have seen them at Gamestops before but its kind of a hit or miss when it comes to condition of games there, especially for ps2 games. I work at one myself and we really don't have much control over used shipments we receive from other stores.

Where I'm from anyways its mostly computer based and we just receive a used game box in every week and get a list of games we need to ship back to the warehouse.[/QUOTE]

Just ask your manager for a store to store transfer from the specific store... (as in make your manager to call the other store and ask them to send it over)

So im a huge rpg-fan, but have stuck with more of the traditional jrpgs....final fantasy and such. What are the best SMT games to play-through. I own persona 3 and devil summoner, but havent had the time to start them yet. I hear nocturne is the best, but what do you think pikagreg?

Yeah, that is exactly what I did. Mine came without the artwork but I did manage to order some for 3 bucks off ebay. It looks brand new and completed my deluxe box. The only thing I lack is the 2 Soundtracks that came with the game. Nocturne was slightly boring but was excellent story wise. If you can manage to grab Persona 2-Eternal Punishment it is worth every penny!

I started out with Persona 3 and I put nearly 200 hours into my first playthrough. It is probably one of my favorite games of all time now. I am now playing through Nocturne and I was kind of expecting the same since I heard most SMT used similar/same combat systems.

I was surprised at the super dark theme in comparison to Persona 3 and I love it. It's fun being able to recruit demons to your party Pokemon style as well as the increased difficulty. I haven't tried Devil summoner 1/2 yet or Digital Devil saga 1 but I am looking foward to them whenever I beat Nocturne.

I didn't know this game went for so much now. I sold my spare, sealed copy 2 years ago for less than $40 shipped. Should have kept it in the closet instead #-o

Ya, so i do really want to jump into persona 3.... however a 100 hour game seems a little daunting at the moment.... especially since nocturne is a more managable length, at 40hrs or so i've heard. I swear half the battle of playing rpg's is to decide which one to play next.

it really depends on how much you put in the game. The majority of the length is from cut-scenes making friends and stuff. However, if you want to 100% things or grind and combine personas to be uber it eats up a lot of time.

Nocturne is a bit more straight forward and I am going through it now. But it is very unforgiving when it comes to difficulty lol

Persona 3 is cool and very different to a lot of RPG's I have played. Im playing through it right now, the reason it is so different is because you dont exactly go on an "adventure" you stay in one place the entire time, or the majority of the time, which may sound like a bad thing but not necessarily...just very different. The relationship part is really cool and can be really funny, especially when you feel forced to be friends with someone just because you need to inscrease that Social Link (Bebe?) Its also my first SMT game. Next will be Persona 4, I think, and then Nocturne.

Persona 3 def seems unique.... as for nocturne im a little worried about the difficulty. I get frustrated at final fantasy bosses 30+ hours in that are a bitch to take down, having to beat three iterations of the same boss.....grrr with no save points. So i usually end up quitting, then coming back to the game 6 months later lol.

Does persona 3 have nicely spaced save options? or is it a challenge sometimes wnhen your stuck watching movie segments with no option to save. IT sounds like Persona 3 is one rpg that you cant even turn on unless you have a solid hour to play without interruption.

Persona 3 has a specific save point at the front desk in your dorm, which you go back to every day. You can easily play this game for 10 mins to one hour if you like. Say you want to just improve your social links, well every time you speak to someone it will take you to the dorm afterward where there is your save point. In Tartarus you have an access point that takes you back to the bottom floor on every, or almost, every floor that takes you back to the bottom (with a save point).

As for Nocturne, I havent played it and I had the same reservations as you. I made this topic over at GameFaqs and some of the answers were pretty helpful.

That is reassuring to hear about persona 3 being save-friendly. Especially with the weather turning nice in NY finally, i find myself gaming for shorter time periods.

Will def check out the topic at gamefaqs... thx

Just got a copy for 20 bucks after discounts at a store that someone traded in. Is great condition but in generic case with no manual :( Does anyone happen to know a place that sells replacement cover art and manuals?

[quote name='Pikagreg']Just got a copy for 20 bucks after discounts at a store that someone traded in. Is great condition but in generic case with no manual :( Does anyone happen to know a place that sells replacement cover art and manuals?[/QUOTE]

DDS2 right? i can scan the cover art if you'd like and send it to you. wont be quite the same. or just keep checking gamestops for them sometimes they will let you have the case/manual

yeah I found a nice scan online for the cover and instructions (although printing instructions seems lame with my crappy printer lol) I bought a GPG with the game in case another came around within the next year ;p even tho I would prolly just buy it is i saw another for 20 bucks

bread's done
Back