Beethoven 9 Symphonies Free

flowery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
[quote name='camoor']d00d, don't post it everywhere. When the RIAA hears about this, they're gonna get copyright infringement laws extended 300 years!![/QUOTE]

EH WHA!?

[quote name='camoor']d00d, don't post it everywhere. When the RIAA hears about this, they're gonna get copyright infringement laws extended 300 years!![/QUOTE]

hey how about actually checking out what it is before flaming me buddy...

The BBC is offering all the symphony's free through them...its not stealing it because the freaking BBC produced it you retard.

[quote name='flowery']hey how about actually checking out what it is before flaming me buddy...

The BBC is offering all the symphony's free through them...its not stealing it because the freaking BBC produced it you retard.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Beethoven is still part of the common domain. I was having some fun, relax before that vein on your head explodes.

I believe the law (at least, when it comes to using one of these old works in a project) is that you don't have to pay for works that old, but you do have to pay whoever performs them. Since the BBC is waiving a fee, it's free to download. Cool. :)

[quote name='flowery']hey how about actually checking out what it is before flaming me buddy...

The BBC is offering all the symphony's free through them...its not stealing it because the freaking BBC produced it you retard.[/QUOTE]
Hm...I *THINK* camoor just may have been joking ;)

[quote name='b0bx13']Hm...I *THINK* camoor just may have been joking ;)[/QUOTE]

ok ok...i dont like when people try and get all political and crap.

whatever just wanted to let people know about this amazing music.

From the wikipedia:

The Sonny Bono Copyright Term Extension Act of 1998 extended copyright terms in the United States by 20 years. Before the act, an author's copyright would last until fifty years after his death. After the act, an author's copyright would last until seventy years after his death, while copyrights for works of corporate authorship would last 75 to 95 years. The act also affected copyright terms for copyrighted works published prior to January 1, 1978, increasing their term of protection by 20 years as well. This effectively 'froze' the advancement date of the public domain in the United States for works covered by the older fixed term copyright rules. Under this act, no additional works made in 1923 or after, that were still copyrighted in 1998, will enter the public domain until 2019. Unlike copyright extension legislation in the European Union, the Sonny Bono Act did not revive copyrights that had already expired. However, the act did extend the terms of protection set for works that were already copyrighted, and is retroactive in that sense.

( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonny_Bono_Copyright_Term_Extension_Act )

[quote name='flowery']well heck i didnt get the third yet...that sucks

if anyone wants the 1st i can send it through aim if your desperate.[/QUOTE]

PM'd

If anyone needs the 3rd symphony, I'm uploading it to a free hosting site and will post the URL when it's finished so anyone who needs it still can grab it.

EDIT: Nevermind, I forgot, someone already posted the 3rd symphony.

[quote name='eldad9']From the wikipedia:

The Sonny Bono Copyright Term Extension Act of 1998 extended copyright terms in the United States by 20 years. Before the act, an author's copyright would last until fifty years after his death. After the act, an author's copyright would last until seventy years after his death, while copyrights for works of corporate authorship would last 75 to 95 years. The act also affected copyright terms for copyrighted works published prior to January 1, 1978, increasing their term of protection by 20 years as well. This effectively 'froze' the advancement date of the public domain in the United States for works covered by the older fixed term copyright rules. Under this act, no additional works made in 1923 or after, that were still copyrighted in 1998, will enter the public domain until 2019. Unlike copyright extension legislation in the European Union, the Sonny Bono Act did not revive copyrights that had already expired. However, the act did extend the terms of protection set for works that were already copyrighted, and is retroactive in that sense.

( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonny_Bono_Copyright_Term_Extension_Act )[/QUOTE]

Thanks buddy!

I got you babe!

Beethoven was already public domain, dumbass (eldad9).

And even if his symphonies weren't 200 years old, and even if they weren't public domain worldwide, he wasn't even an American so the Sonny Bono Copyright Term Extension Act of 1998 wouldn't apply anyway.

[quote name='Quackzilla']Beethoven was already public domain, dumbass (eldad9).

And even if his symphonies weren't 200 years old, and even if they weren't public domain worldwide, he wasn't even an American so the Sonny Bono Copyright Term Extension Act of 1998 wouldn't apply anyway.[/QUOTE]

i think you are the angriest person on this site.

anyway, i wish I could download the moonlight sonata, it's been a long time since i've heard it. ever since I heard it in the first RE, I loved it.

bread's done
Back