Bench Press

I wouldn't reccomend a cheap one, because, trust me, they WILL break. I think your best bet is ti just save up and buy a Hammer Strength, or do what I did and join your local YMCA.

how many bench presses can u do?! i can do 3 sets of 15 at 100 lbs, i know that is shitty but its a work in progress, what can u guys do? dont lie!

I was gonna lie, but since you said not to, I would've felt bad about it. I could do three sets of 150, but it's prolly easier for me cause I use a Smith machine, and it has columns to keep the bar in place, so you don't have to worry about balancing it like you would with free weights.

How old are you, Stealthy? I think when you're in your mid-20's, you should be able to do two and a quarter at least.

RF is right. You could get seriously injured with bad equipment. Don't skimp on quality or join a gym that has made the investment so you can have access to a wide variety of equipment.

I highly recommend joining a gym. Like everyone else has said, don't buy the cheap equipment. You'll only end up hurting yourself or get mad because it broke.

i was just reading about this, well im about to join my local bally's which is down the block, and im wonder, what workout should i do to get cut up.
i dont want to increase my max cause i can probally do 130? or something like that. i just need a all out workout for my abs and biceps.

[quote name='mousin']i was just reading about this, well im about to join my local bally's which is down the block, and im wonder, what workout should i do to get cut up.
i dont want to increase my max cause i can probally do 130? or something like that. i just need a all out workout for my abs and biceps.[/quote]

Bally is expensive, it was July 4th promotion and its like 40 bucks per person then 12$ after the first for the family.. Its not cheap...

Id rather just get a bench, but benches cost over 100$ for a decent one. I can do 5 115s but that was about 1/2 a year ago if not longer. And I havent done anything but go to work and back recently so Im probably weak now.

to get cut up ,bench--- you need to do prob about 5 sets of 10 reps apiece of not heavy weight, but not light weight either. with each set increasing the weight. a good bicep workout is called "21" where you get a bar and weight, and do 7 "halfway reps" (legs to midchest, 90 degrees ) 7 "other halfway reps" ( midchest to all the way up, 90 degrees) and 7 full reps (a full curl, 180. u will be sore the day after but its a great workout. also, standing dumbell flies are also a great one. a good ab workout is to buy some "inversion boots" that attach to your ankles and you hang upside down on a pull up bar or something and do situps----be warned though the next day u might not be able to sit up. lol

Join a gym, don't buy home equipment unless you're rich enough to afford a full-featured gym in an addition to your house. You can get a good amount done with just a bench, bar and dumbells, but there is SO MUCH you'd be missing without using machines.

And mousin, if you do all arms and abs you'll eventually look imbalanced. You really should increase your max... you just have to learn how to do it without gaining bulk. Or just stay lean as you gain mass, and you'll look "cut up." The problem with staying lean is that most people can't do it; they don't have the self-control.

Eh, all I have is one of the 9 station home gyms, a treadmill, a cycle, and various other devices, as well as free access to General Motor's private gym.

Now all I need is to actually have the desire to work out.. coming home after a 8-10 hour day and fighting rush hour traffic kind of kills most of that desire.

joining the gym is definitly the way to go...its probably around 30$ a month, but its so much better then trying to do all the exercises at home (all the ones i do anyways). I can bench 260 atm, currently lean bulking to 190 before i cut. If you wanna gain mass, just eat right and work out correctly every day (by correctly, i mean using a split, 5 day split is what i use), and dont forget supplements. If you're scared to take supplements, atleast take protein, essential for muscle growth. also, post workout shakes are vital (also known as PWO). If you wanna learn how to get big, go to www.abcbodybuilding.com ...best site on the net for body building.

[quote name='StealthySeal']how many bench presses can u do?! i can do 3 sets of 15 at 100 lbs, i know that is shitty but its a work in progress, what can u guys do? dont lie![/quote]

uh 500 reps of 2,500 lbs that is a lite day for me :D

I have a weider pro xt 75.

http://www.iconservice.com/pdf/WEBE34111.pdf

It kicks ass. I spent $350 on it and it comes with a 315lb olympic weight set. You can do a lot with it.

Ya, take a multi vitamin, twin labs makes one of if not the best. Designer Whey protein shake within 45 minutes after lifting. There is other stuff you can take, but the depends on what your goals are.

Protien shakes are a must for those of us who don't eat meat...

I drink 4 protien shakes a day and they are delicious but I agree that it can get pretty expensive. I buy Optimum Nutrition Chocolate and I swear it is like drinking chocolate milk. Except I use soy milk because ever since my wife told me there is puss in cow milk, I can't bring myself to drink it anymore.

Oh and to the guy who just wants to get cut, check out

http://www.bodybuilding.com

they have a workout database that is pretty good.

[quote name='whitereflection']I was gonna lie, but since you said not to, I would've felt bad about it. I could do three sets of 150, but it's prolly easier for me cause I use a Smith machine, and it has columns to keep the bar in place, so you don't have to worry about balancing it like you would with free weights.

How old are you, Stealthy? I think when you're in your mid-20's, you should be able to do two and a quarter at least.[/quote]

lmao im 15

bread's done
Back