best $17.61 ever spent? now even more stuff! persona 2!!!

saldogg

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
was browsing a local gamestop today that i never go into (theres 2 closer ones) and i found clock tower 3 used for 7.99, i wanted to buy it but lo and behold they didnt have the disc :cry: (dont worry i found it at another gamestop) but i casually asked the incredibly nice girl (who knew her games like the back of her hand, most knowledgeable girl gamer ive ever met!) working there if they had any old used ps1 games she responded "i'm supposed to tell you no, but what are you looking for?"
me: final fantasy 7...
her: "no way haha, but let's see what else we got..."

after seeing some insane prices i decided on metal gear solid (non GH) for 6.99, when she rang it up she sees that theres a promotion on all ps1 games that makes them 75% off MGS was $1.90! when i heard this promo i told her to go grab a bunch of the other games... long story short i spent $17.61 on

Metal Gear Solid
Legend of Mana
Breath of Fire IV
GTA2
Driver 2

all non GH all complete and in good-mint condition (only beat up one is driver, but thats the worst one anyway)

homerun or what?

EDIT just went to 2 more gamestops today... got some crazy stuff...

Store 1: (all disc only unless listed) spent $30
PERSONA 2!!! both discs and manual, no box
Countdown Vampire
C-12 Final Resistance
Wild Arms 2!
Vandal Hearts!
Rhapsody!
Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV
Harvest Moon Back to Nature!!
DDR Konamix

Store 2: $27
Rhapsody COMPLETE!
PERSONA 2 COMPLETE!!!!
RPG Maker 1 disc only
DDR Konamix disc only
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo!! disc only...

why did i hate gamestop again??

Wow nice find, espeically on the Breath of Fire IV. I went to a local gamestop the other day and they had literally over 100 PSX and Dreamcast sports games. (Nothing good needless to say) I did find a boxed and unopened Turok Rage Wars for $1.30 though..

yep, i was ecstatic... its funny to me... she said that the ps1 games are 75% off cuz they wanna get rid of them, yet they usually tell people they dont have any... makes no sense i tried 2 other gamestops which both told me no ps1 games... also i just got .hack Part 4: Quarantine complete/used for $39 and gamefly'd nocturne which i will be keeping immediately... it was a good collecting day! hehe

[quote name='Puffa469']You forgot the most important part of the story... was the girl cute?[/quote]

she was kinda cute, (if she was REALLY cute wouldn't you assume i've have mentioned it? lol) but it blew me away how well she knew her games... ive met girl gamers before, but this one was top notch... started talking to me about clocktower 3 while she was looking for it... how many girls you know that have played clocktower 3?

Clocktower 3 is fun but flawed. Not to give anything away but
the last boss was frustrating as hell - I don't usually give up on the last boss but I couldn't be bothering beating that asshole!!!!@!@21@#!@`31

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']i was hoping for 17 1 dollar hookers and 6 packs or top ramen[/quote]

I'd stay the hell away from $1 hookers unless your superpower is std immunity.

[quote name='Puffa469']I'd stay the hell away from $1 hookers unless your superpower is std immunity.[/quote]

He already has every std known to man lurking in his body. But they all cancel each other out, thus making him INVINCIBLE!

/Simpsons paraphrase.

[quote name='camoor']Clocktower 3 is fun but flawed. Not to give anything away but
the last boss was frustrating as hell - I don't usually give up on the last boss but I couldn't be bothering beating that asshole!!!!@!@21@#!@`31
[/quote]

haha funny thing is when she talked about clocktower she said she quit cuz the last boss was a bitch... lol

If the employees can't scrape a few dollars together to buy PS1 classics ASAP, they don't deserve to be hoarding them in the first place.

/jealous

This is an old deal that there's a thread for. You got crazy lucky; this has been going on since April/May or so. What state did you find this stuff in? =D

the vandal hearts, ddr konamix, and persona look like really nice buys. I dont know about dq4, but apparently that is a good one.

I probably would have passed on many of those, but very nice deal overall.

Yeah its a pretty old sale I got a ton of stuff during it from stores here, most complete too

4 Persona 2's
2 BoF 4
3 BoF 3
3 Rhaspody's
2 Diablo's
5 Saiyuki's

Etc. Thank god my store kept all the good psx games behind the counter where you had to ask to see them. Keeps people from stealing or damaging em.

All of the stacks of PS1 games they kept getting at our local dump store were mainly crap or incomplete stuff. You'd find disc 1 of a 4-5 disc set, but never find discs 2,3,4 or 5.

Mind you, I bought a buttload of stuff from the dump store and still may go back for another 10-15 titles, but I'm still debating it since I think I tested all the games I bought but haven't played them completely yet.

bread's done
Back