Best 4-player off-line co-op?

tandle

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I've been looking to grab a good game for 4-player off-line co-op, and have found it to be a little more difficult than anticipated. Besides Halo 3, what are everyone's opinions on the best 4-player off-line co-op games on the 360?

Feel free to include XBLA, or 360-abled xbox 1 games.

for xbla:
-alien hominid has a decent 4 player platformer
-aegis wing is a free shoot-em-up that's pretty fun
-gauntlet is good if you really don't mind it's repetititititititive-ness
-tmnt is a great game that's worth the price, but ends quickly

Can you do 4 player co-op offline in Halo 3? I've only been able to get it to do 2. I figured you had to use system link or xbox live to get 4. What am I missing here?

And to answer your question:
Fusion Frenzy and Fusion Frenzy 2 if you want mini-games
Worms (xbla)
There are a handfull of maps and missions you can do with 4 player co-op in Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 1 and 2

[quote name='Bretters']Marvel: Ultimate Alliance[/QUOTE]
This.

[quote name='Mrcapcom']MUA Hands down[/quote]

Unless you've been drinking, then forget it. It just gets aggravating then.

I vote for RockBand. Every friday we have a few friends over and we play all night.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Worms and the Alien Hominid mini-games are fine 4-player XBLA titles... but technically they aren't "co-op," right?[/quote]

worms is not co-op at all (can't even be on teams), and alien hominid is not really a co-op, per se. you can't necessarily work together like the other games mentioned

Quake II is decent (it's on the Quake 4 bonus disc).

Hunter: The Reckoning (backwards compatible Xbox game) is also decent.

[quote name='maxgeek']PDZ is okay[/QUOTE]

Perfect Dark only has 2-player co-op.

Since the update, Monster Madness: Battle for Suburbia is a pretty fun 4-player co-op game. I picked up a copy for $9 new at CC and don't regret it. After the patch that completely overhauled the game it became a much better title, especially if you're playing with children or girls. The demo and pre-patched version are terrible though.

That said, Rock Band is still the best 4-player co-op available.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']Quake II is decent (it's on the Quake 4 bonus disc).

Hunter: The Reckoning (backwards compatible Xbox game) is also decent.

Perfect Dark only has 2-player co-op.[/quote]

Well not co-op story mode but multiplayer you can play 4 players against bots in different game modes.

I can't believe nobody has said COD4 yet. Even though they take out a lot of the online mp options the game is still great fun offline. My friends and I play all the time 2 Vs. 2 HQ and Sabotage are great, or tdm or dm are fun too. We also like snipers only and pistols only. When you set up your game though make sure you turn the "Radar always on" to no in game settings.

COD4 gets my vote.

[quote name='Mrbaseball2710']I can't believe nobody has said COD4 yet. Even though they take out a lot of the online mp options the game is still great fun offline. My friends and I play all the time 2 Vs. 2 HQ and Sabotage are great, or tdm or dm are fun too. We also like snipers only and pistols only. When you set up your game though make sure you turn the "Radar always on" to no in game settings.

COD4 gets my vote.[/QUOTE]

He's looking for Co-op games, not verses

BOMBERMAN!

+although unless you have a big tv it is hard to see who is who, I have a 42" and we have difficulties....but maybe that is my tv...

Rock Band
Scene It
Marvel: UA
PDZ (multiplayer 4-player split screen w/ or wo/ bots)
Call of Duty 3 (multiplayer 4-player split screen also online but not bots)
Halo 3 (campaign or multiplayer [no bots])

Truth or Dare, Quarters (over 21), Strip Poker.

...Oh, you meant Video Games: Ones not mentioned

Forza 2 (If a system link is available)
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2K7 (For just wailing on someone)
DDR

But, Rock Band and M: UA are good too.

For the OG XBOX

Kung Fu Chaos
Star Wars Battlefront II

[quote name='Mrbaseball2710']I can't believe nobody has said COD4 yet. Even though they take out a lot of the online mp options the game is still great fun offline. My friends and I play all the time 2 Vs. 2 HQ and Sabotage are great, or tdm or dm are fun too. We also like snipers only and pistols only. When you set up your game though make sure you turn the "Radar always on" to no in game settings.

COD4 gets my vote.[/QUOTE]

Please note the title of the thread. COD4 has no co-op, offline or online.

[quote name='v1et r1ce']Marvel Ultimate Alliance even 2 or 3 people is fun.[/QUOTE]

quite frankly Xmen legends 2 and MUA is only fun with 4 human players.. I did not enjoy playing this with my comic loving girlfriend (we got bored at around Act 3 in xmen legends 2)

we personally enjoy any of the burnout games or amped titles..

if you have 4 players try fuzion frenzy its so stupid its fun..

TMNT arcade is a great game really is the best five bucks you can spend.

[quote name='Number83']Truth or Dare, Quarters (over 21), Strip Poker.

.../quote]

Those are going to require females as well...

bread's done
Back