BEST AND WORST VIDEO GAME PODCAST

Worst: Cagcast

Best: 1up Podcast. I listen to it every week.
CAGcast is not the worst podcast, I've heard some pretty amerteur ones that make the CAGcast seem like professional radio, but it doesn't belong in the same list as 8-4, player one, joystiq, bombcast etc. Wombat and Shipwreck are pretty good but CheapyD's arrogance and voice can be hard to listen to. Also it seems like almost on a weekly basis they spread misinformation or aren't fully educated on topics they are discussing.

Maybe my expectations or standards are too high but I can hardly listen to any of these. Videogaming is my hobby but these people all think they are funnier than they really are or more interesting than they really are. Shut the fuck up about what number podcast your up to or when so and so joined that podcast. Talk about gaming mother fuckers

Maybe my expectations or standards are too high but I can hardly listen to any of these. Videogaming is my hobby but these people all think they are funnier than they really are or more interesting than they really are. Shut the fuck up about what number podcast your up to or when so and so joined that podcast. Talk about gaming mother fuckers
Give A Life Well Wasted a try. It is totally different from all the other gaming podcasts.

Give A Life Well Wasted a try. It is totally different from all the other gaming podcasts.
you promise me they will actually talk about games and not what they did over the 4th of july or some stupidness like that. I recently got into podcasts mostly for hockey and have found some good ones there. But the videogames I've all listened to have been horrible. I'll give this a try though. thanks for suggestion

you promise me they will actually talk about games and not what they did over the 4th of july or some stupidness like that. I recently got into podcasts mostly for hockey and have found some good ones there. But the videogames I've all listened to have been horrible. I'll give this a try though. thanks for suggestion
I promise they won't blab about what they did on the 4th or any other horseshit. I agree with you that these gaming podcasts are crap, it's unbelievable to me that anyone enjoys them.

7 whole podcasts over 4 1/2 years, 5 of which were done in 2009, 1 in 2010, and 1 in March of this year? Can that even be considered? I'm sure it's a good show, but this isn't frequent enough and it's hard to compare to podcasts done weekly.

7 whole podcasts over 4 1/2 years, 5 of which were done in 2009, 1 in 2010, and 1 in March of this year? Can that even be considered? I'm sure it's a good show, but this isn't frequent enough and it's hard to compare to podcasts done weekly.
It doesn't matter if a podcast is done weekly if it's a steaming pile of shit. A Life Well Wasted is amazing, don't dismiss it because it's infrequent. And it's not one of those times when I'm saying that it's better even though it is same crap as all the other gaming podcasts like everyone else does, this podcast is completely different and well worth your time.

Last edited by a moderator:
LIke others I'm also a fan of the Bombcast but it feels like they're talking about gaming even less than they use to during the shows. New episodes of 8-4 Play and Retronauts are always welcome.

AllGenGamers is ok, it's just four gamers getting together on Skype to talk about current and past generations of gaming. Every once in a while they're able to bring in special guests, the most recent that comes to memory is Howard Phillips of Howard & Nester fame.

It's unfortunate that 1UP Yours isn't around anymore. The more I listen to Weekend Confirmed the more I miss Shane, Luke, & John being a part of the conversation. There's no denying that Garnett is extremely passionate about the field and tries to touch on the industry as a whole, but he frequently has difficulty vocalizing his thoughts in a coherent manner. The numerous commercial breaks and Jeff's insistence on yelling at the top of his lungs into the mic also makes the show a little hard to go into.

Have you listened to Weekend Confirmed?

Have you listened to Weekend Confirmed?
Maybe he'll like it, but I think it's the same crap as the other gaming podcasts. The big problem with the gaming podcast is they almost all follow the same format and that format is garbage. It's almost always x number of people in a room droning on and on for way too long. That's why I like A Life Well Wasted(other than it being awesome), it isn't anything like that.

I just got weekend confirmed on my phone so I'll have to check it out.  I also got Life Well Wasted but it's pretty scarce.  I'll give both them a listen this week.  Thanks for the suggestions.  I'm just kind of shocked how bad all these podcasts are.  It doesn't seem that it would be that hard. 

I just got weekend confirmed on my phone so I'll have to check it out. I also got Life Well Wasted but it's pretty scarce. I'll give both them a listen this week. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm just kind of shocked how bad all these podcasts are. It doesn't seem that it would be that hard.
Great timing! Jeff Cannata isn't on for the next few weeks. I love Garnett Lee, but I'm having a hard time listening when Jeff is on. Maybe it's just me, but Jeff seems like a douche 8 out of 10 times.

Listened to the 3rd episode back of weekend confirmed.  It was decent.  They talked a lot about MMOs but at least they stayed focused on games, so I'll give them points, there.  I got two more of there's so I'll keep listening but this seems like an early favorite.

Listened to the 3rd episode back of weekend confirmed. It was decent. They talked a lot about MMOs but at least they stayed focused on games, so I'll give them points, there. I got two more of there's so I'll keep listening but this seems like an early favorite.
Glad you found at least one podcast to entertain you. I did a write up on this thread about the Hatebit Podcast. Check it out maybe of some interest.

This past Tuesdays Giantbomb Bombcast was a skip down memory lane for 30 - 40 year old demographic. I really enjoyed it. Long as heck episode though.

http://v.giantbomb.com/podcast/Giant_Bombcast_07-23-2013-07-23-2013-2286429067.mp3

I think Andrea was unfairly abused in Episode 175 of Weekend Confirmed? What do you guys think? Have a listen...
http://cf.shacknews.com/podcast/wknd_confirmed_072613_175.mp3

bread's done
Back