Best Brick & Mortar Deal/Sale 2007

very suprised that the 360 HD add on drive with kong, HEROES HD-DVD, your choice of two HD-DVD in store and 5 in the mail for 180+tax didn't make the cut. In some cases that package is worth over 500 bucks, when you paid 180+tax out the door.

Toys R Us: Super Mario Galaxy w/Free $25 Gift Card on Release Day
This was just epic win, a great game with a $25 gift card.

Toys R Us - Super Mario Galaxy $25 Gift card... Getting the best game (imo) on the wii for half price... right when it comes out??? I don't get how or why they did this, but I thank them :)

Circuit City: Buy 1 Xbox 360 Accessory $19.99+, Get One Free

i bought a crapload of microsoft spacebucks with that deal

I was torn between TRU's $25 SMG giftcard or CC Clearance... but I went with CC clearances as they've been pretty damn good to me thoughout all of 2007.

BOGO at Circuit City was pretty good. I purchased a 360 Wi-Fi adapter and got a year of Live and a camera for free. Pretty sweet.

Voted for: Toys R Us: Super Mario Galaxy w/Free $25 Gift Card on Release Day

This has been the 1st poll I didn't have to think twice about, and being able to use the gift card on "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" about a week later pushed it over the edge.

I vote for SMG with giftcard only because it was readily and easily avaialable. The TRU buy 2 get 1 sucked because the TRU around me was wiped out when the sale was going on.

TRU SMG $25 GC (Yay, I managed to avoid using any words!)

I know this turned into a clusterfuck for some people, but the sheer fact that a retailer gave out $25 simply for buying a brand new, highly desirable first party game still astonishes me.

Super Mario Galaxy $25 gift card.

The buy 2 get 1 free deal is obviously only better than the Mario Galaxy deal if your free game is over $25.

The "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" was cool but I think Super Mario Galaxy for 25 dollars takes it, even though my brother missed it because the moron who was supposed to buy it for him(we haven't renewed our passports yet) canceled the order, tried to get both promotions and ended up getting none.

So, this category is kind of bittersweet for me, such a painful memory(I was seriously pissed). :) But I'm not going to dwell on the past, good luck to Toys R Us. :applause:

22.gif
Ja ne! :p

Since nobody seems to actually buy games at circuit city, its the perfect place to find out of print low circulation games at clearance prices. Love em for that if nothing else.

Toys R Us: Super Mario Galaxy w/Free $25 Gift Card on Release Day

how can you compete with that? those nintendo games stay 50 bucks for years before the price drops

Circuit City with that clearance they just had I picked up some great PC games and I just got a new PC so it was a match made in heaven.

bread's done
Back