Best Brick & Mortar Game Retailer 2007

I'm voting FYE. They paid $28 for games that Best Buy sold for $2 or $18 for games that EB/GS sold for $2. You could buy a PS3 for $50-$100 at that rate.

I Personally like BB ok but they did recently screw me over on a t.v. and elite so im not too happy with them right now I would have to say CC thats my vote

Target...definitely. The clearances Duh. Also When Halo3 launched, they had the best freebie (that you didn't have to go across town for Best Buy) Halo 3 hero clicks.

For sales prices and price matching, props to Best Buy.

Best Buy discontinued the Gamer's Gift Card and I discontinued buying most of my games from them.

The best deals I've had on games all year have come from, of all places, Sears! Sears gets my nomination for their sub $10 quality clearance games that no one else seems to know about. Who else sold DDR Mario Mix for under $10 this year?

Circuit City and TRU.

CC's clearances have been the only clearances I've actually gotten something about of. I can't figure out how the hell Target clearances work, Kmart is a mess, Wal-Mart is too YMMV, I don't know of any from BestBuy, we don't have FYE, and our Sears doesn't carry games. I'll admit though that their clearances are too easy for hoarders to take advantage of.

TRU for their always reliable B2G1F sales and the $25 giftcard with Mario Galaxy.

[quote name='Vinny']Circuit City and TRU.

CC's clearances have been the only clearances I've actually gotten something about of. I can't figure out how the hell Target clearances work, Kmart is a mess, Wal-Mart is too YMMV, I don't know of any from BestBuy, we don't have FYE, and our Sears doesn't carry games. I'll admit though that their clearances are too easy for hoarders to take advantage of.

TRU for their always reliable B2G1F sales and the $25 giftcard with Mario Galaxy.[/QUOTE]

Well there was that whole $1.99 fiasco back in February...

I'd have to say Circuit City, for letting me PM a penny guide with a receipt from Best Buy from about 20 minutes earlier. LMAO

Personally, I'd probably vote for Kmart if it were on the list, since I still find some great deals there, but not so much at the other ones. Though, I will say that my $1.99 Beatmania bundles from the 2007 game clearance @ BB would also qualify them for a vote.

But, I'm gonna have to stick with my original vote, Circuit City for the penny guide PM. LOL

I'm going to get flamed for this, but even though they laid off all those workers and subpoenaed Speedy, Circuit City really did have the best and most consistent deals, both advertised and clearance.

It's telling that the very same stores nominated for "worst B&M retailer" are also the leaders for "best". The video game industry isn't doing itself any favors.

[quote name='Splatoon']I'd like to specifically nominate the Gamestop in Pittford Plaza, NY. You guys rock![/quote]Sorry, kiddo. Gamestop in Hiram, GA is the best there is. The management and staff are the best I've seen in any retailer in a long, long time.

[quote name='Unickuta']I'm going to get flamed for this [/quote]Naw, no flaming in here. The awards are fun time.

I'm going to go with Toys R Us. Their B2G1 sales are always a good, reliable way to whittle down my wishlist. The $25 Mario Galaxy deal was great, too! The employees there aren't always the most helpful, but mostly from lack of knowledge than anything else.

Best Buy employees, on the other hand, always treat me like dirt or persona non grata. It's because of that reason that I won't vote for BB even though most of my deals in 2007 were gotten there. Everytime I walk out of there, I feel like I'd gone to hell and back, and oftentimes for naught. I really can't vote for a store that refuses to accept its own cutout coupon and then all but accuses me of fraud. It's the cheapass in me that forces me to go back there everytime...

I'm gonna have to go with Gamestop....Where else can you get buy 2 get 1 free on used games several times a year, 10/20/30/40% extra on trade in's once in awhile....

I don't buy games unless they're absurdly cheap, and I'd have next to nothing without Target's clearances. They've fill out my 360 library nicely.

Target all the way this year.

I voted for Target simply because it had the most deals I took advantage of. None of any of the choices are very good in my area. They hardly have any variety, prices are meh, and customer service is not that great.

Gamestop. Even though the enthusiasts claim to hate the store and everything it stands for I still like their selection of games way more than any other gaming store.

I vote eb/gamestop, because there are some stores I dislike, but there are other stores whether the selection is great, games are in very good, complete condition and the staff are solid people. Couple that with good deals on old games that I could only otherwise find on ebay and it's an ideal niche.

TRU this year. I mean with the SMG $25 coupon OR the free Guide with Zelda Phantom, among the many pre Christmas Buy 2 get 1 free deals, no one is touching that.

bread's done
Back