Best Brick & Mortar Game Retailer 2008

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Using the above polling system, please vote for for Best Brick & Mortar Retailer.
This award goes to the best overall B&M (physical store) video game retailer in 2008.

Last year's winner:
Best Brick & Mortar Game Retailer: Best Buy

It's back-to-back victories for Best Buy as they pick up their second Best Brick & Mortar Retailer award.
Price matching, lots of coupons, and their Reward Zone program all helped put Best Buy in the winner's circle. It's also possible that CAGs just disliked other retailers more.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a close one, but BB made a run at it towards the end with their Gamers Club, not to mention still never gave me any problems price matching other retailer's offers. My vote Best Buy.

Best Buy, for still having the best online/B&M integration, plus the expansion of the RZ program to Silver, which gives 45 day returns and free online standard shipping.

Target, for starting to come back in having competitive B&M pricing.

Gamestop. Their $10/year card gives you a subscription to Game Informer and 10% off used games and accessories, which still apply even when they have sales or coupons going on!

Gamestop even though I hate them had that trade in 2 get an extra $10 thing a few times that hooked me up so them I guess.....

Unfortunately I have to go with Best Buy. They had solid B&M deals, decent CS, PM'ing, Reward Zone, and they aren't going under (yet). :p

Circuit City gets my vote for all the gift card offerings. If you bought a lot of new releases there, you probably got yourself 2-3 games paid off with gift cards.

I didnt shop much in B&M stores this year but if CC was closer I would have certainly taken advantage of some of their deals.

Circuit city was by far the most consistent in deals and quality... (I sound like damn salesperson)

Gamestop. 25% off coupons throughout the year that stacked with the Edge 10% off = some really good deals on games. I consistently paid about $35-$40 for games that had only been out a couple weeks or so.

Gamestop - some great email coupons alternating between consoles with 25% off used games and of course B2G1. While not as amazing as some deals, the constant flow of coupons ensured the game you were wanting would go on sale eventually. Also some decent trade in bonuses to make their pitiful TIV's worth doing.

bread's done
Back