Best Brick & Mortar Game Retailer 2008

Target for XBL Point sales and clearance items.
Big Lots! for getting me so many classic and indie games in boxes for cheap cheap cheap!

[quote name='TheRock88']Best Buy

Reward Zone, not a lot of hassle to PM other deals, and some pretty good deals this year ($10 Ninja Gaiden 2, etc.)[/quote]
Everytime I try to PM it is a colossal hassle, last time it took 20 minutes. Also Ninja Gaiden 2 deal was 2009. Don't mean to argue with you, just posting so people have more info for their purchasing plans.

I nominate Play N Trade.

I can't remember if it was this year or the last, but one of these stores finally came to Tampa, FL. The two guys running it, these two Asian guys, were very knowledgeable & helpful about video games, had a decent selection of retro games, and had competitively priced used games.

Also, I heard they gave a fellow CAG an opportunity to work for them. They hired him to dress up as a mascot and stand out in the street holding a sign. I saw him once or twice, can't remember if he was Mario or Sonic.

Gamestop. Even though I don't like their cheap trade-in values, and overpriced sale of used items, I can't help but love their buy 2 get 1 free deals.

Gamestop. The coupons and Edge discounts were nice. The 30% promo gave me a bunch of credit. The employees helped out if I needed recommendations on games.

Going to go with Gamestop. Their weekly coupons that always stack with the Edge card can make for some great deals.

BBV, GS/EB, Kmart ($5 games), Radioshack and Sears, both for there clearence sales. I spent alot of time at Kmart searching and buying stuff. $5 games, $20 Live Vision Kits, controllers and wireless headsets. I spent and made alot of money, because of Kmart.

Despite the bankruptcy Circuit City still had some good deals on good games, like their 10 dollar gift cards with new titles.

circuit city

nobody beats the 16.96 deals at CC.. and i will miss the stores that are closing or have already closed. sure target has alot of clearances, but by the time it drops to that magic number theyre all gone. the only thing i remember purchasing last year from target was twilight princess and scene it!

I would go with Circuit City here, all Gamestop and EBgames charge 3 dollars over the MSRP -_- Circuit City was the first store here in Puerto Rico to start charging the 49.99 amount instead of 52.99.

I would go with Best Buy. This year I am very disappointed with all the "sales" Gamestop had nothing worth getting or the discount offered was just not even worth the trouble.

bread's done
Back