Best Brick & Mortar Game Retailer 2008

I've never had a problem with Gamestop.

Consistent sales for used products, large inventory and availability, and pretty consistent with price drops. Some of their items are overpriced, but overall, they're good stuff.

My vote goes to Best Buy for price matching the TRU sale for Rock Band 2. It probably would've been a long time before I got a band game if it weren't for that and I'm loving rocking out on the drums!

Best Buy disappointed me all year this year. TRU was less than impressive, which is sad, they rocked the year before. Targets around here are always wiped of clearance (and by wiped, I mean everything is stolen, and their LP department couldn't give a flying fig over this... and that makes blood shoot out of my eyes). Kmart, I've done okay on their clearances.

All in all, I have to go with EB. With their trade-in bonuses and weekly coupons, I've been very happy with them this year.

Best Buy gets my nomination because they always price matched my local Circuit City with it's complete lack of game inventory.

More and more these days, I don't think there are any true "winners" in this category. I used to be a fan of Best Buy, but now, I just kind of look at them as a glossy, oversized electronics and entertainment convenience store. And we all know how convenience stores tend to price items for such 'convenience'.

As a dadaist vote of disdain for the entire B&M scene, I nominate 7-11.

CC had the items i was looking for though like most US companies in my area at times say online bundles apply to Continental US stores only ( i live in Puert o Rico ) though sometimes if you make a scene or befriend the employee u get either the actual deal or close facsimile buying games here seems to always be a hassle

I know how people like to complain about Gamestop but tell you what...with a $2 Edge card and coupons I make out like a bandit there.

Gamestop

gamestop they're the easiest place to sell your stuff and have the biggest collection of used games and promotions

I'm going to go with Target because they've got the best clearance section and prices drop faster than the undies on a Las Vegas pro.

Best Buy would be my nomination, at least they don't gut their games. Although I have gotten some amazing deals at Sears recently - $1.97 PS3 Singstar, $4.97 DDRU2 bundle, $0.97 GBA/DS/PSP/Wii/PS2 games...

Best Buy for handing me a gift card for the hell of it.
-Bought two games (both on discount), used rewards zone card then the perky blonde hands me a $25 gift card

[quote name='Warner1281']Gamestop, only because of their weekly coupons. Were it not for those, they'd probably be the worst B&M in my book.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'd go with this. Since they've had the never-ending trade-in deals coupled with the weekly coupons (and for a while that Cellfire coupon) they've been much better than before.

None of the other B&M places (Best Buy, Target, CC) ever have any great deals IMO besides the odd clearance thing here and there.

BB. They have a decent selection, they have sales on good titles, they price match, they honor coupons and they have a decent gaming reward program ($150 spent on games/accessories = $10 giftcard).

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamestop. Tons of 20% or 25% off coupons, several B2G1 sales, and great trade 2 bonus $10 promos. Also, it's the only store where I can find the old and OOP PS2 and GC games that I'm looking for. Plus, since I've got so many stores in my area, I can always eventually find a mint/complete copy of anything I'm looking for.

Circuit City.

I have no idea how I'll find better deals at the other major retailers without CC. Always had the best deals on a weekly basis.

Microcenter! I know that not everybody has one that's close enough to visit, but it seems like every week or two I was spending more money there on a half priced new game...

bread's done
Back