Best Brick & Mortar Game Retailer 2010

I have to go with: No one.
I just don't find tempting deals at B&M stores anymore (with very few fluke exceptions in clearance bins or Black Friday), and have bought less than 5% of my games at B&M for the last few years. That's because none of them compete with the online market, so I can't vote for any physical store.

Best Buy. I've had the least resistance getting a pricematch there and have got some killer deals as a result (for example, Dragon Quest IX for $20 the day of release).

Best Buy this year for me, but Kmart was a VERY close second (and with their own rewards zone type program now, 2011 will be quite interesting.)

Definitely the "Best B&M Game Retailer of the Year" has to go to K-Mart. Their sales prices were unbeatable at times especially on release day thanks to SHC-Gamer/Josh and his team.

Runner-up for this category would have to go to Gamestop since I've been finding niche and hard to find titles on sale there (999, Ys Seven, Just Cause 2 to name a few).

I am sorry, but I am going with my local GameStop.
The staff knows me well & they usually get me out of stock/out of town games transferred for me with no shipping cost.( Unreal Anthology: $1.99!)
Plus, they held one of their last two copies of Space Invaders Extreme 2 for $4.99 for me.

In terms of deals, nothing beats k-mart. There are still tons of problems with their electronics sections, but ever since they started offering crazy new release deals I haven't gone anywhere else unless I'm looking for a more obscure title that I'm not really looking for a deal on.

Kmart has the best deals but the worst customer service. I nominated them the worst B&M because they are a mess but I think you have to also nominate them as the best because they have the best deals. You just have to work your ass off and put up with a mess of a company to get them.

I would like to include the option of no one, I bought almost all my games online this past year.

If I had to choose B&M I would go with Target.

Kmart for their deals from August through December. Honorable mention to Target for their game clearance. Fable III CE for $19.98, ftw.

Target for me. I know it's a YMMV situation, but I've made out on quite a few clearances and I can actually find shit there.

No question it's KMart. BB & Target had a race to be the worst retailer with NO deals until BB picked it up a bit in the end of the year, just as we started to hear reports of how much sales they've lost.

No B&M store touches KMart for deals on every single MAJOR release and almost all of the deals everyone slobbers over on Amazon are matches of the KMart offer.

Kmart has really improved their promotions, just wish their store employees weren't... like typical kmart employees... but they have had the best deals overall, hands down.

You know, I never thought I'd find myself voting for Kmart in this category, but the work SHC-Gamer has put into getting some great deals this year really makes me think they deserve it.

Easily TrU. GS doesn't do squat for new games. BB is atrocious. Target rarely has deals too and my store got rid of the clearance rack (or hid it on me).

bread's done
Back