Best Brick & Mortar Game Retailer 2011

k-mart... Pretty much every single game I bought came with a $20 coupon minimum, and there were multiple times where you could stack deals to get some amazing values (for example some games came with coupons plus amounts off MS Points cards or PSN cards.)

The service could be a drag sometimes, but I found it did get better throughout the year.

Is this for new games or used games? Or both?

As far as used games, Blockbuster without a doubt. Have bought at LEAST 20 used games from them last year. As far as new games I would have to say Kmart for their awesome deals this last year. I think we need to split this one in to B&M Used Games Retailer and B&M New Games Retailer...

This one is really close. I spent almost equal time at BB, Kmart and only slightly less at Target, TRU this past year.

My nominations were both very YMMV:

Target (clearance games)
BlockBuster (used game sales)

KMart (props for revamping their game department, even though there are 0 KMarts near me)

I am going to have to go with Toy's r Us on this one, I bought a lot of my new releases there last year because they had a good deal of gift cards with them.

I wanted to vote for you K-mart, but you rarely had games in stock, and your customer service....well....congrats Best Buy.

Picked Blockbuster for their big series of sales in 2011 plus it appears they are on the way out so they ought to get some votes given how many games I've gotten there for great prices over the years. 2012 is shaping up to be very sad in that department...

Wait... So what happened to the Kmart thread and SHC-Gamer? I don't shop there and didn't, but everyone had so much manlove for him and then I read that he closed the thread and left... I didn't even realize that. WTH happened there?

K-Mart as best B&M is the one of the easiest choices out of any of these categories. Unfortunate that unless a miracle happens they won't be repeating in 2012.

[quote name='KaneRobot']K-Mart as best B&M is the one of the easiest choices out of any of these categories. Unfortunate that unless a miracle happens they won't be repeating in 2012.[/QUOTE]

This all the way.

Target. I can buy games and get groceries. Their discount section is hit or miss, but when good games are in the bargain bin, their B&M presence pays off.

bread's done
Back