Best browser?

danny-o

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
I want to start using a new browser. I am sick of using IE and having to purge out spy/ ad-ware every other day. Is there any web browser thats easy to use and more secure against any of that stuff?

[quote name='heavy liquid']Firefox.

End of thread.[/quote]
There is another good one called Firefox.

[quote name='dwsscs'][quote name='heavy liquid']Firefox.

End of thread.[/quote]
There is another good one called Firefox.[/quote]

Firefox is pretty decent as well.

Firefox is for foppish dandies. Lynx walks 10 miles, barefoot, uphill, both ways.

[quote name='musha666'][quote name='dwsscs'][quote name='heavy liquid']Firefox.

End of thread.[/quote]

Firefox is pretty decent as well.[/quote]

Actually... I prefer Firefox.

Firefox is definitely a great browser. Of course, a lot of its good features are taken from Opera, which is also worth checking out.

[quote name='musha666'][quote name='dwsscs'][quote name='heavy liquid']Firefox.

End of thread.[/quote]

Did anyone mention Firefox!

[quote name='dwsscs'][quote name='musha666'][quote name='dwsscs'][quote name='heavy liquid']Firefox.

End of thread.[/quote]

Did anyone mention Firefox![/quote]

Wasn't funny the first time. ;)

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='dwsscs'][quote name='musha666'][quote name='dwsscs'][quote name='heavy liquid']Firefox.

End of thread.[/quote]

Wasn't funny the first time. ;)[/quote]

And few things are funny more than once in the browser world. Unless, of course, someone had said IE. ;)

Jump on the firefox band wagon, everyone else is (I'm the driver) :shock: At least until it becomes way too popular and then it will become "uncool", then the next thing "new" thing comes along. :shock:

Flashpeak Slimbrowser. I ues it, although it can be a resource hog sometimes. I'll probably switch to firefox soon and tweak it during Christmas Break.

[quote name='dwsscs'][quote name='musha666'][quote name='dwsscs'][quote name='heavy liquid']Firefox.

End of thread.[/quote]

Personally, I'm quite fond of firefox.

Firefox does seem to be very efficient, but I love the mouse gestures and different skins for Opera. The mouse gestures I can barely browse without now. Granted I've used and researched Firefox less than Opera, so these features may even be available for Firefox(which they should be).

Also I use the session system a lot in Opera, it allows you to save and open different combinations of websites, but like I said earlier this feature should be there in Firefox(I personally just haven't researched it enough yet).

So, I guess all I can end up saying is I like Opera, but think Firefox has potential.

Opera and Firefox.

Firefox doesn't seem to be as innovative, but it is free.
(Opera has ad-supported and non-free versions).

I use Opera, which is pretty damned good. Those mouse gestures are no joke, and the browser has had an internal pop-up blocker for as long as I can remember (I first d/led it in mid 2002).

I really like Firefox as well. I did try Opera for awhile before finding Firefox (this is before it was really, really popular) and I found that many pages didn't display at all (no idea why) and that it seemed to load pages slower. That might just be my computer though, Opera is supposedly the fastest. I would just download them both and see which one you prefer.

http://www.opera.com/
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

[quote name='heavy liquid']Firefox.

End of thread.[/quote]
Yeah, I'm surprised anyone would even ask this anymore. It's come a long way from when I started using it in May. An NY Times ad? Goodness.

Firefox won't go out of style as long as there are open-source options like Extensions.

Get Firefox, and Adblock, Tabbrowser, and StumbleUpon for some starter extensions.

And go here to get Adblock filters you can import.

http://www.geocities.com/pierceive/adblock/

Oh, and Live Bookmarks... mmm.

bread's done
Back