Best Buy: 007 Legends PS3 & 360 $5/ Prototype 2 360 deal is dead no more!

Yeah went to the store today and both games were back up. Managed to get 007 Legends for PS3 for $5 but they were out of Prototype 2. Checked another Best Buy today and both games were back up to retail. Sigh. Here's to hoping the price tanks again before the coupon expires on the 2nd.

Where is it advertised?
it's not yet but they dropped a lot of values as if they were having a 100% bonus. Someone also confirmed in BB trade in thread that the 100% is now active. I guess wait until the morning to see if they update the BB game trade in to show the 100% advertisement. I'll be going there tomorrow morning expecting 100%

Last edited by a moderator:
at least 007 tiv didn't change.  I'll see if the cashier gives coupon back again like the others!

edit well likes like these were a random 2-3 day sale

Yup still $12. I didn't even realize there was a 100% bonus. A very nice surprise.
Oh nice! I just got mine in the mail today. It was suppose to be prototype 2 but I opened it and it was 007? Plus I just got a shipping notification for 007 this morning. Looks like I may end up with 2 of 007 instead of prototype 2. For $24 I'm just going to go trade it in and use the credit towards a ps4 or Xbox one game in a few weeks

I would try get the trades in of 007 tonight if you intend to. Typically trade values tank on Tuesdays at Best Buy. Kind of wish I would waited, but can't complain with the 50% bonus I got.

when was the 100% announced? had I known on Saturday I may have waited to dump 007, though it wasn't free and I had been burned before when values dropped so I got rid of it asap.

I platted Prototype 2 in 3 days.  I liked the first one better, and the second one was good but very outdated - felt like a ps2 game and it felt rushed/incomplete.

when was the 100% announced? had I known on Saturday I may have waited to dump 007, though it wasn't free and I had been burned before when values dropped so I got rid of it asap.
No one knew until several CAGs traded in-store on Sunday evening, and now the website has updated to show the 100% bonus. It wasn't advertised in the weekly ad, so there was no way to know BBY would be bringing back the 100% bonus. Don't feel bad about trading in 007 when you did, as you were justified in thinking that BBY would drop values. That they really didn't drop many TIVs this time was an exception to what usually happens.

Oh lawd....My @gamer email was in the spam box. The last few before it weren't. Shoulda checked there. It's probably a good thing I didn't get 007 though.

My order kept messing up at the end tried to checkout but the tax calculator had an issue so it wouldn't let me finalize. Went to my phone and it worked fine 😄

No one knew until several CAGs traded in-store on Sunday evening, and now the website has updated to show the 100% bonus. It wasn't advertised in the weekly ad, so there was no way to know BBY would be bringing back the 100% bonus. Don't feel bad about trading in 007 when you did, as you were justified in thinking that BBY would drop values. That they really didn't drop many TIVs this time was an exception to what usually happens.
good to know it was unannounced for the most part then.

I was already annoyed I missed seeing the thread Thursday night / Friday as I was doing my GS runs so couldn't get any freebies (hopefully a free game after coupon will come my way). Ended up rushing to BB Saturday morning to get 007 and bought it again - guy gave coupon back so walked to get another and went back and other lady rung it up but needed his help lol oh and she gave coupon back too. Traded one at that store and the second at another. not sure why some got rid of it at GS. Getting 2 copies at under $11 and turning it into $39.x somewhat makes up for no freebie.

Just wonder when I'll get "digital" coupons. I still prefer physical mag.

If this deal is still working, I'd be extremely grateful if someone sent me a 007 coupon. I've been waiting to play this game since it was announced, and been waiting for it to drop to $10 since the reviews came out. I skipped over this thread the entire time because I'm not a member of their gamer club thing, but I didn't realize you could give/trade coupons.

If this deal is still working, I'd be extremely grateful if someone sent me a 007 coupon. I've been waiting to play this game since it was announced, and been waiting for it to drop to $10 since the reviews came out. I skipped over this thread the entire time because I'm not a member of their gamer club thing, but I didn't realize you could give/trade coupons.
you could easily rent it out from gamestop and return in by 1/15/2014. admit it, you just want to flip it ;)

you could easily rent it out from gamestop and return in by 1/15/2014. admit it, you just want to flip it ;)
Absolutely not. I'm a 007 collector, I have all the games except for the Atari games. I'm doing another Bond marathon soon and the game would be a nice compliment, regardless of whether or not it's CoD. I also liked Goldeneye Reloaded's multiplayer and I'm assuming it's the same kind of multiplayer.

Absolutely not. I'm a 007 collector, I have all the games except for the Atari games. I'm doing another Bond marathon soon and the game would be a nice compliment, regardless of whether or not it's CoD. I also liked Goldeneye Reloaded's multiplayer and I'm assuming it's the same kind of multiplayer.
The multiplayer is mostly the same but for whatever reason it's a lot more laggy and unenjoyable. I'd just stick with GE Reloaded personally.

got my prototype 2 and it's the LE radnet edition lol. that's a cool bonus for a free game! Once again thanks Op!
Same here, Best Buy has been sitting on these for 1 1/2 years lol. This game must have sold really bad for them to still have 1st print run copies in the warehouse.

Same here, Best Buy has been sitting on these for 1 1/2 years lol. This game must have sold really bad for them to still have 1st print run copies in the warehouse.
one of my store still has 7 prototype 2 blackwatch collector's edition on the shelf. I saw it while browsing for tiger woods 14 historic edition, and doing my trade ins at bestbuy.

one of my store still has 7 prototype 2 blackwatch collector's edition on the shelf. I saw it while browsing for tiger woods 14 historic edition, and doing my trade ins at bestbuy.
I'm starting to think Best Buy is intentially giving out free games with the unlocked coupons. I'm most likely to resubscribe again in January, but have to see what kind of enhancements they will be doing in a few weeks.

I'm starting to think Best Buy is intentially giving out free games with the unlocked coupons. I'm most likely to resubscribe again in January, but have to see what kind of enhancements they will be doing in a few weeks.
i am going to give bestbuy another chance by renewing again too, since the 007 legends basically paid for my gcu membership subscription renewal.

bread's done
Back