Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)

DOOM Release Date: 05/13/2016

Overwatch Release Date: 05/24/2016

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens  Release Date: 06/28/2016

Battleborn Release Date: 05/03/2016

Receive 5 Gold Skins with the "Firstborn Pack" when you Pre-order Battleborn now!

Friends and foes alike will know you were one of the first to take up arms with the Battleborn when you show up to the fight in your exclusive gold regalia.

Pre-order your copy of Battleborn and deck your heroes out with an exclusive in-game title and golden character skins for Thorn, Reyna, Montana, Marquis, and Rath.

[customspoiler=Expired]

Madden NFL 16
Release Date: 8/25/2015

Pre-Order Madden NFL 16
Give your Ultimate Team a head start with 10 Pro Packs and the Playmaker Pack.

Disney Infinity: 3.0 Edition Starter Pack

Release Date: 8/30/2015

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Pre-Order Bonus
Receive a free Toy Box Takeover game when you pre-order and purchase a Disney Infinity 3.0 edition starter pack.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Release Date: 9/1/2015

Jump into the action with this Day One Edition, which additional game content, such as Adam-ska Special, a silver personal ballistic shield, a Wetland cardboard box, a blue urban fatigues outfit and a Metal Gear Online boost.

Mad Max

Release Date: 9/1/2015

Pre-order Mad Max at Best Buy, and get the in-pack Ripper, an additional fully upgradeable Magnum Opus car body.

Forza Motorsport 6

Release Date: 9/15/2015

Pre-order Forza Motorsport 6 and receive access to an in-game 2014 BMW M4 coupe. The new twin-turbo inline six is a spectacular performer that is grippy and transitions like a trooper. Experience the power of the smaller, lighter motor that offers enhanced handling. While supplies last. Download code will arrive via e-mail on or around release date. Valid e-mail address required. If you choose Store Pickup, the code will also be printed on your store receipt when you pick up the game.

FIFA 16

Release Date: 9/22/2015

Pre-order FIFA 16 Standard Edition now and get up to $15 worth of FUT Gold Packs over 15 weeks.*
*Redeem code before October 11, 2015 and login to FUT each week to receive full value. Grants are not retroactive.

Pre-order FIFA 16 Deluxe Edition now and get up to $50 worth of FUT Premium Gold Packs over 20 weeks.* Start your Ultimate Team season with Lionel Messi on your squad for 5 games and use the new "KO" and "BAILANDO ROBOT" celebrations when you pre-order today. *Redeem code before October 11, 2015 and login to FUT each week to receive full value. Grants are not retroactive.

NBA 2K16

Release Date: 9/25/2015

NBA 2K16 Pre-Order Bonus
Pre-order NBA 2K16 to receive your game Friday, September 25, before the standard Tuesday, September 29 release. Plus, get 10,000 virtual currency (VC), and MyTEAM VIP package. While supplies last.

Guitar Hero Live

Release Date: 10/20/2015

Guitar Hero Live Pre-Order Bonuses
Pre-order and purchase to experience what it's like to play with Avenged Sevenfold on the big stage. Bonus content includes premium shows, custom note highways and more. Only at Best Buy: You'll also receive an additional pre-order bonus of a Guitar Hero Live microphone.

Bonus content available from October 20 to November 2, 2015. Internet connection required. For more information, visit www.guitarhero.com/bonus.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Release Date: 10/23/2015

PRE-ORDER NOW AND GET THE DARWIN & DICKENS CONSPIRACY MISSION
Embark on two pulse-quickening missions that will take you into the inner sanctums of London's most influential men. Defend Charles Darwin's discoveries from those who would kill to silence him. And help a friend of legendary writer Charles Dickens to keep a secret that could get him killed. While supplies last. Online and in-store customers will receive their code packed with the game.

:ps4: PLAYSTATION EXCLUSIVE CONTENT  :ps4:
Includes 10 exclusive Dreadful Crimes missions.

10,000 BONUS CREDITS FOR THE JOIN THE FAMILY REWARDS PROGRAM*
Pre-order to receive 10,000 Bonus Credits. Join the Family to earn a wide range of Assassin's Creed rewards. Earn credits for being a fan and cash in your earnings for rewards, prizes, and even bigger giveaways. Sign up anytime at assassinscreed.com/rewards. * Code to redeem your 10,000 bonus credits will be delivered via email within 72 hours.

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date: 10/27/2015

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.

Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians and receive tokens to redeem the in-game multiplayer Longshot Assault Rifle with Recoil Compensator and Athlon Iccus Armor.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3

Release Date: 11/6/2015

Players who pre-order will receive the NUK3TOWN Bonus Map*, available on PS4, Xbox One and PC via in-box redemption code.

Fallout 4

Release Date: 11/10/2015

Free Fallout 4 Perk Poster
Pre-order Fallout 4 today and get a physical Vault-Tec Perk Poster, fully colorized retro fun for the ultimate Wasteland survivor.

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Release Date: 11/10/2015

Preorder Rise of the Tomb Raider for Xbox One at Best Buy and receive a token to redeem The Sparrowhawk Pack. The Sparrowhawk Pack contains the in-game Sparrowhawk Outfit, White Wood Recurve Bow skin and Master Hunter journal pages. Only at Best Buy. Alone and without precious resources in the Siberian wilderness, Lara crafted an outfit from the furs and hides of animals she has hunted. The outfit will boost Lara's hunting ability, causing animals to scare less easily.

Rise of the Tomb Raider Pop-Up Art Sleeve.
Get a unique and exciting pop-up packaging when you pre-order the game.

Star Wars Battlefront 3

Release Date: 11/17/2015

Star Wars: Battlefront Pre-Order Bonus
Pre-order Star Wars: Battlefront and be among the first players to experience the Battle of Jakku, the pivotal moment when the New Republic confronts key Imperial holdouts on a remote desert planet in the Outer Rim. While supplies last. Download code will arrive via e-mail on or around release date. Valid e-mail address required. If you choose Store Pickup, the code will also be printed on your store receipt when you pick up the game.

Rainbow Six Siege

Release Date: 12/1/2015

Pre-order now and get the gold weapons skin pack.

:xb1: Includes Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for free.  :xb1:

fg_thedivision.jpg
Tom Clancy's The Division
Release Date: 3/8/2016

IzjBSGp.png

Redeem this code, "AGENTORIGINS", to unlock your 4 Free Division Agent Gear Sets inspired by the video series! Each gear set will give your in-game Division Agent a unique look and includes skills that will help you take back New York!

agent-origins-gear_rewards_sets_235317.j
GUARANTEED BETA ACCESS
Pre-Order your copy of Tom Clancy's The Division for guaranteed Beta access. E-mail delivered within 72 hours of pre-order with registration instructions for the Beta.

Hazmat Gear Set with Pre-Order
Your gear includes a hazmat suit, backpack with increased health, and a POF P416 assault rifle.
[:xb1:]  Play it first on Xbox One in December 2015. [:xb1:][/customspoiler]

FAQ
What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, Wii U or PC (platform availability varies by title). Not valid with any other offers. No dealers. No rain checks.

• Best Buy Stores: $5 deposit required to pre-order. Pre-order game by 5:00 p.m. CT on day before street date. Present member ID at time of pre-order and pickup. Purchase and pick up game within 7 days of street date.
  • BestBuy.com — Ship to Store: Payment in full required to pre-order. Present member ID at time of pre-order. Pick up game within 7 days of street date.
  • BestBuy.com — Ship to Home: Payment in full required to pre-order. Present member ID at time of pre-order. Purchase is processed and shipped on or about street date.
Please Note: If you are not a My Best Buy member or do not present your member ID at time of pre-order, street date and/or store pickup as described in these FAQs, this offer is void.

When will I receive my $10 reward certificate?
For each qualified purchase, you will receive 500 My Best Buy points (worth $10 in reward certificates) credited to your account approximately 20 days after street date or store pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of a qualifying game and get multiple awards?
There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.
Authorization Process
When you place an order online, Best Buy authorizes your credit card to make sure sufficient credit is available. A hold is placed on funds equal to your order total until the order is fulfilled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you kind sir!

Wait mine just says good through invalid date. Not sure why it wont give me the date unless i am looking at the wrong thing.
Mine says the same thing and it took me finding the original receipt to figure out when my sub would be up. I resubbed recently but I wonder what would have happened had I not. . .

Call 612-291-1000, which is BB's corporate office. Ask to speak with Executive Customer Relations, which should get you in to speak with the people that can best assist with the dumbassery you're dealing with and need to tell someone about.
I ended up calling the regular line. Thankfully, I got someone with a brain. They apparently made a combination of AT LEAST 8 different charges and refunds to my debit card and gift cards. After thinking I made the $5.71 payment that was missing yesterday on my debit card, I saw that they had made 3 different authorization charges for a total of $74.08, while refunding money to the gift card they said I didn't have funds to cover.

I spent about half an hour on the phone with a guy, who finally seems to have resolved it (I hope). On multiple occasions, he started reading through the charges and just started laughing at what a mess it was, while saying "this is crazy," and "I don't know what they were doing." They had also randomly taken the tax rate from 6.25% to 10.3%. I think he ended up giving me a discount of about $5 on the order over the whole mess, because he said it was missing about $15 in payment and threw a $20 credit on it. The authorizations weren't set to expire until Wednesday though, so I'll be checking the funds on my GCs and bank account until then.

Worst retail experience in my life.

Mine says its good through an "invalid date" though I'm pretty sure I need to renew this month.
Mine has said that ever since i tacked on 3 additional free years by buying the 3 five dollar throw away phones. I did contact the best buy forum mod on this and he could verify he saw a 2018 end date on his end so no worries.

Mine has said that ever since i tacked on 3 additional free years by buying the 3 five dollar throw away phones. I did contact the best buy forum mod on this and he could verify he saw a 2018 end date on his end so no worries.
That was some good stuff, I should have done more. April 16, 2018 isn't good enough lol. I should have gone to like 2025.

Mine has been that way ever since I started it. I know it is about 2 years from when MGSV came out, then I have to renew it.

Shit you guys have it easy. Mine goes until November 2nd of this year. I don't have much time for another amazing promo to pop up so I can resub for practically nothing!

Shit you guys have it easy. Mine goes until November 2nd of this year. I don't have much time for another amazing promo to pop up so I can resub for practically nothing!
Seriously I'm waiting for a phone card promo to get GCU for like $10 like last time.

Anyone know if you can print out certificates from miltiple accounts (friends $10 certificate, sons $15 certificate and my $30 worth of certificates) and use them all on one transaction? The girl at best buy said no but also said you couldnt trade in games without the case which a manager when called over looked at her like she was some kind of stupid?

Anyone know if you can print out certificates from miltiple accounts (friends $10 certificate, sons $15 certificate and my $30 worth of certificates) and use them all on one transaction? The girl at best buy said no but also said you couldnt trade in games without the case which a manager when called over looked at her like she was some kind of stupid?
if you dont tell them and just hand them over I don't see them looking too make sure each one came from your account. If they say something just mention it's family members. But technically I don't think they're suppose to do that.

And yea your not allowed to trade in games without the cases anymore. The manager was prob just never informed about it. I got turned down for no case like right when they stoped taking them.

with BB lately seems like policy is very ymmv ha

if you dont tell them and just hand them over I don't see them looking too make sure each one came from your account. If they say something just mention it's family members. But technically I don't think they're suppose to do that.

And yea your not allowed to trade in games without the cases anymore. The manager was prob just never informed about it. I got turned down for no case like right when they stoped taking them.

with BB lately seems like policy is very ymmv ha
Um...they do not require a case, no where that I can see states that they do. If you can find a place online that states this please let me know.

I preordered Doom for PS4 and I won't have it delivered until the 16th it's saying.  Anyone else have this problem?  I've always had them deliver the day of release before with Bestbuy.

Man, I got 498 points right now. So frustrating.
Write a review and be sure to include your rewards account number, they're worth 25 points each. I can't recall what the limit is per year but it doesn't take too long to post to your account, less than a week usually for me.

You are wrong.

If they ever try to turn you down for it have them call a manager over and have the manager look up SOP for trade ins.

Um...they do not require a case, no where that I can see states that they do. If you can find a place online that states this please let me know.
You are wrong.

If they ever try to turn you down for it have them call a manager over and have the manager look up SOP for trade ins.
I don't feel like looking but I'm pretty sure it got added past year but idk. It was nothing to argue about, But if I remember I think the manager was doing the trade in (had no clue what she was doing) and someone else told her not to do it since it didn't have a case and was giving me a look like I was trying to pull one over and got caught lol. it was only something for a couple bucks.

I don't feel like looking but I'm pretty sure it got added past year but idk. It was nothing to argue about, But if I remember I think the manager was doing the trade in (had no clue what she was doing) and someone else told her not to do it since it didn't have a case and was giving me a look like I was trying to pull one over and got caught lol. it was only something for a couple bucks.
It isnt listed on the website and I couldn't find anything stating that was true. Just because a manager says something is "policy" doesn't make it true. Do some digging and if need be post on the Unboxed forum. It may not directly impact you often, but policies exist so that all stores follow the same rules for a consistent customer experience.

Imagine the number of customers this may be impacting at your store by them breaking policy. It isn't just about how it impacts you but how it impacts everyone who shops/trades in there.

Certificates are tied to the account, it will most likely not accept certificates for another account and give an error.

I didn't know that they would charge, then refund the gift card amount. I kept the GC because I still had credit on it, and I used it on the second order without knowing they put the original charge back on. I just thought that it charged the amount, then what was on the GC was what was left after the first order. It didn't say anything to me at the time of the order, and it was more than 12 hours later before my dad said he got the e-mail about it. Even if I had known it, I wanted to use the rest of that GC, because it should have had, like, $15 left, if it had processed correctly. I didn't want to use a GC with more than the game amount, then end up with 2 GCs sitting around $10-15 when I could use the smaller amount, then the larger, and just have 1 GC left over.

Of course, this crap never ends with them. I'll have to call them again after work because I went to check the order, and it says the taxes have been updated. The taxes are now almost 10.3% when our tax rate is 8.5%. Nice that they do this dumb pre-authorization junk on a GC, then hold the order, then refuse to let you pay the difference with a GC, then make up random taxes and charges without telling you. I haven't had this much trouble since I tried to buy Smash on the Wii U and it took 3 employees to get my GCU working at the register.
Something doesn't add up here. BB charges full GC amount up front on online pre-orders. I do it all the time. There is no refund/recharge. Either you hit a glitch, or you are leaving out details

Certificates are tied to an account. The account has to be added to the transaction to accept it. You can only add one account per transaction, so no you can't use multiple certs from different accounts

It isnt listed on the website and I couldn't find anything stating that was true. Just because a manager says something is "policy" doesn't make it true. Do some digging and if need be post on the Unboxed forum. It may not directly impact you often, but policies exist so that all stores follow the same rules for a consistent customer experience.

Imagine the number of customers this may be impacting at your store by them breaking policy. It isn't just about how it impacts you but how it impacts everyone who shops/trades in there.
Trade in rules vary by location and local "pawn shop" laws. There is no one corporate policy that applies to all stores. They have to abide by local laws

Disc only doesn't fall under "local laws"

Pull your head out of your ass before posting next time please.
Yeah the only thing pawn shop laws effect is whether best buy can accept the trade. In places where there is no problem they'll buy whatever from wherever but places where best buy doesn't have the license to do so they can only take items that were originally purchased at best buy. Disc only vs. Cased or whatever is totally irrelevant.

As a side note I've never had any issues trading in games with disc only

I got a reply from the official people at the best buy forum.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Video-Game-Trade-In-Question/m-p/968650

So like I said....the manager/employees who state this are pulling it out of thin air just to cause issues.
The employees are probably just uneducated. I've had to educate several stores around me on it.

One store multiple times.

Just ask for a manager and have them look up SOP for trade ins.
Having dealt with similar but not identical issues with Best Buy in the recent past, I can tell you that their store managers are empowered to make decisions within a pretty broad range about everything from price matches to return policies. As such, I fully expect that if a local store refuses to accept trade-ins without the case, no amount of bitching to Best Buy corporate will overturn that decision.

Having dealt with similar but not identical issues with Best Buy in the recent past, I can tell you that their store managers are empowered to make decisions within a pretty broad range about everything from price matches to return policies. As such, I fully expect that if a local store refuses to accept trade-ins without the case, no amount of bitching to Best Buy corporate will overturn that decision.
Quite untrue. I have personally had policy changes for best buy compny wide by discussing things level headed with higher tier corporate employees. Yes complaining to entry tier CSR won't change anything but doing things with a level head and going through the proper channels can actually get things done.

The biggest lie companies have customers belive is that we are powerless. Stores need us more then we need them. There are more stores to buy from then ever before thanks to the internet. Stores need customers to stay in business. Customers don't need that store to get what they want. Generally speaking of course.

The relationship between company and customer needs to be symbiotic not parasitic.

Something doesn't add up here. BB charges full GC amount up front on online pre-orders. I do it all the time. There is no refund/recharge. Either you hit a glitch, or you are leaving out details
I definitely didn't leave out details, and based on the way that mess ended, it seems I hit the king of all glitches. I left how it ended above, not going to do a full recap, but for the quick version:

I used 3 GCs to pay for my game. I used 2 GCs to pay for my friend's about 10 days later. One of the GCs I used was on both orders. Come ship time, it placed my friend's order, then put mine on hold for an authorization on that common GC. I called, was told it was fine. I e-mailed, was told it was messed up. E-mailed again, was told to call. I called, and was told that the GC had insufficient funds for my order, and that I had to pay the difference ($5-6) on a debit card, and that I couldn't put it on a different GC. I complied because $5 on my debit card wasn't an issue, and I anted my game in-time. Next day, I had almost $75 in authorization charges from BB. I called again, and the guy basically laughed at how stupid the charges looked, because it involved charging and refunding my money to either my debit card of a GC at least 8 times (including charging me $65, refunding my $55 of it, then charging me that $55 again). On top of it, the GC they said couldn't handle the $5-6 I put on my debit card had been refunded almost $10, meaning there was no reason for the GC to have been rejected, or for me to have paid with my debit card for the balance.

At the end (and I have to check my bank statements and GCs again to make sure it went OK), the guy basically credit me money on the order to wipe the charges, and I ended up saving about $5 on the game for my troubles. The GC that started it all by not having enough on it still had about $10 on it. It was awful, then became slightly funny to think about when it got resolved and my game showed up.

There is no law anywhere you need to have a case to trade in a used video game lol.
Have you checked every single towns laws? Yea didn't think so.. There are laws that you have to have a receipt, provide a fingerprint, allow them to take a picture of you, or even areas that don't allow it.

Have you checked every single towns laws? Yea didn't think so.. There are laws that you have to have a receipt, provide a fingerprint, allow them to take a picture of you, or even areas that don't allow it.
Yep. Thats all local pawn laws. There are no pawn laws anywhere that require you have the orginal case to trade in a game.

There is no law anywhere you need to have a case to trade in a used video game lol.
Actually there is. In Maricopa county you need to have a case and can't trade in if you have a Ricky Ricardo moustache. It's crazy, but it stems back to wild west times when traders on the Oregon trail used to try to hustle indians by trading disc only copies of Oregon Trail. Plus they hate Mexicans.

No attitude. But you're just wrong about this. The burden of proof is on you to find a best buy in a town with a law saying you can't trade in disc only games.
Never said there was. You said there wasn't .. So proof is on you. All I said is there are dumb laws that vary by area and that it's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back