Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)

DOOM Release Date: 05/13/2016

Overwatch Release Date: 05/24/2016

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens  Release Date: 06/28/2016

Battleborn Release Date: 05/03/2016

Receive 5 Gold Skins with the "Firstborn Pack" when you Pre-order Battleborn now!

Friends and foes alike will know you were one of the first to take up arms with the Battleborn when you show up to the fight in your exclusive gold regalia.

Pre-order your copy of Battleborn and deck your heroes out with an exclusive in-game title and golden character skins for Thorn, Reyna, Montana, Marquis, and Rath.

[customspoiler=Expired]

Madden NFL 16
Release Date: 8/25/2015

Pre-Order Madden NFL 16
Give your Ultimate Team a head start with 10 Pro Packs and the Playmaker Pack.

Disney Infinity: 3.0 Edition Starter Pack

Release Date: 8/30/2015

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Pre-Order Bonus
Receive a free Toy Box Takeover game when you pre-order and purchase a Disney Infinity 3.0 edition starter pack.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Release Date: 9/1/2015

Jump into the action with this Day One Edition, which additional game content, such as Adam-ska Special, a silver personal ballistic shield, a Wetland cardboard box, a blue urban fatigues outfit and a Metal Gear Online boost.

Mad Max

Release Date: 9/1/2015

Pre-order Mad Max at Best Buy, and get the in-pack Ripper, an additional fully upgradeable Magnum Opus car body.

Forza Motorsport 6

Release Date: 9/15/2015

Pre-order Forza Motorsport 6 and receive access to an in-game 2014 BMW M4 coupe. The new twin-turbo inline six is a spectacular performer that is grippy and transitions like a trooper. Experience the power of the smaller, lighter motor that offers enhanced handling. While supplies last. Download code will arrive via e-mail on or around release date. Valid e-mail address required. If you choose Store Pickup, the code will also be printed on your store receipt when you pick up the game.

FIFA 16

Release Date: 9/22/2015

Pre-order FIFA 16 Standard Edition now and get up to $15 worth of FUT Gold Packs over 15 weeks.*
*Redeem code before October 11, 2015 and login to FUT each week to receive full value. Grants are not retroactive.

Pre-order FIFA 16 Deluxe Edition now and get up to $50 worth of FUT Premium Gold Packs over 20 weeks.* Start your Ultimate Team season with Lionel Messi on your squad for 5 games and use the new "KO" and "BAILANDO ROBOT" celebrations when you pre-order today. *Redeem code before October 11, 2015 and login to FUT each week to receive full value. Grants are not retroactive.

NBA 2K16

Release Date: 9/25/2015

NBA 2K16 Pre-Order Bonus
Pre-order NBA 2K16 to receive your game Friday, September 25, before the standard Tuesday, September 29 release. Plus, get 10,000 virtual currency (VC), and MyTEAM VIP package. While supplies last.

Guitar Hero Live

Release Date: 10/20/2015

Guitar Hero Live Pre-Order Bonuses
Pre-order and purchase to experience what it's like to play with Avenged Sevenfold on the big stage. Bonus content includes premium shows, custom note highways and more. Only at Best Buy: You'll also receive an additional pre-order bonus of a Guitar Hero Live microphone.

Bonus content available from October 20 to November 2, 2015. Internet connection required. For more information, visit www.guitarhero.com/bonus.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Release Date: 10/23/2015

PRE-ORDER NOW AND GET THE DARWIN & DICKENS CONSPIRACY MISSION
Embark on two pulse-quickening missions that will take you into the inner sanctums of London's most influential men. Defend Charles Darwin's discoveries from those who would kill to silence him. And help a friend of legendary writer Charles Dickens to keep a secret that could get him killed. While supplies last. Online and in-store customers will receive their code packed with the game.

:ps4: PLAYSTATION EXCLUSIVE CONTENT  :ps4:
Includes 10 exclusive Dreadful Crimes missions.

10,000 BONUS CREDITS FOR THE JOIN THE FAMILY REWARDS PROGRAM*
Pre-order to receive 10,000 Bonus Credits. Join the Family to earn a wide range of Assassin's Creed rewards. Earn credits for being a fan and cash in your earnings for rewards, prizes, and even bigger giveaways. Sign up anytime at assassinscreed.com/rewards. * Code to redeem your 10,000 bonus credits will be delivered via email within 72 hours.

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date: 10/27/2015

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.

Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians and receive tokens to redeem the in-game multiplayer Longshot Assault Rifle with Recoil Compensator and Athlon Iccus Armor.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3

Release Date: 11/6/2015

Players who pre-order will receive the NUK3TOWN Bonus Map*, available on PS4, Xbox One and PC via in-box redemption code.

Fallout 4

Release Date: 11/10/2015

Free Fallout 4 Perk Poster
Pre-order Fallout 4 today and get a physical Vault-Tec Perk Poster, fully colorized retro fun for the ultimate Wasteland survivor.

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Release Date: 11/10/2015

Preorder Rise of the Tomb Raider for Xbox One at Best Buy and receive a token to redeem The Sparrowhawk Pack. The Sparrowhawk Pack contains the in-game Sparrowhawk Outfit, White Wood Recurve Bow skin and Master Hunter journal pages. Only at Best Buy. Alone and without precious resources in the Siberian wilderness, Lara crafted an outfit from the furs and hides of animals she has hunted. The outfit will boost Lara's hunting ability, causing animals to scare less easily.

Rise of the Tomb Raider Pop-Up Art Sleeve.
Get a unique and exciting pop-up packaging when you pre-order the game.

Star Wars Battlefront 3

Release Date: 11/17/2015

Star Wars: Battlefront Pre-Order Bonus
Pre-order Star Wars: Battlefront and be among the first players to experience the Battle of Jakku, the pivotal moment when the New Republic confronts key Imperial holdouts on a remote desert planet in the Outer Rim. While supplies last. Download code will arrive via e-mail on or around release date. Valid e-mail address required. If you choose Store Pickup, the code will also be printed on your store receipt when you pick up the game.

Rainbow Six Siege

Release Date: 12/1/2015

Pre-order now and get the gold weapons skin pack.

:xb1: Includes Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for free.  :xb1:

fg_thedivision.jpg
Tom Clancy's The Division
Release Date: 3/8/2016

IzjBSGp.png

Redeem this code, "AGENTORIGINS", to unlock your 4 Free Division Agent Gear Sets inspired by the video series! Each gear set will give your in-game Division Agent a unique look and includes skills that will help you take back New York!

agent-origins-gear_rewards_sets_235317.j
GUARANTEED BETA ACCESS
Pre-Order your copy of Tom Clancy's The Division for guaranteed Beta access. E-mail delivered within 72 hours of pre-order with registration instructions for the Beta.

Hazmat Gear Set with Pre-Order
Your gear includes a hazmat suit, backpack with increased health, and a POF P416 assault rifle.
[:xb1:]  Play it first on Xbox One in December 2015. [:xb1:][/customspoiler]

FAQ
What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, Wii U or PC (platform availability varies by title). Not valid with any other offers. No dealers. No rain checks.

• Best Buy Stores: $5 deposit required to pre-order. Pre-order game by 5:00 p.m. CT on day before street date. Present member ID at time of pre-order and pickup. Purchase and pick up game within 7 days of street date.
  • BestBuy.com — Ship to Store: Payment in full required to pre-order. Present member ID at time of pre-order. Pick up game within 7 days of street date.
  • BestBuy.com — Ship to Home: Payment in full required to pre-order. Present member ID at time of pre-order. Purchase is processed and shipped on or about street date.
Please Note: If you are not a My Best Buy member or do not present your member ID at time of pre-order, street date and/or store pickup as described in these FAQs, this offer is void.

When will I receive my $10 reward certificate?
For each qualified purchase, you will receive 500 My Best Buy points (worth $10 in reward certificates) credited to your account approximately 20 days after street date or store pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of a qualifying game and get multiple awards?
There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.
Authorization Process
When you place an order online, Best Buy authorizes your credit card to make sure sufficient credit is available. A hold is placed on funds equal to your order total until the order is fulfilled.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Dying Light still hasn't shipped, I'm assuming they'll ship it today and overnight it. First thing I've preordered from BB, so they better not fuck it up.
I just got the email for my in-store pick up being ready for tomorrow a few minutes ago so you might see something soon. Of course I don't think I'm going to be able to get to the store since we're supposed to get hit with a lot of snow tonight.

Hm. So yeah, they changed the title to "Tamriel Unlimited" so maybe they're not quite going F2P just yet, and instead opting for the Guild Wars-style "Buy the box, then no subscription" model.

Honestly, I think that's a much better way to go, as it avoids Michael Transactions and other horrors of F2P, but I wonder how long it'll be sustainable before they just give up entirely.

Yeah Elder Scrolls Online is going B2P, its whatever you pay for the box and f2p BUUUUUT you get none of the DLCs, the monthly sub gives you all the DLCs but only for as long as you have the monthly sub - once you unsub all the content DLCs are gone.  I don't think they have announced yet exactly what content is going to be firewalled behind the DLCs.  

It'll be good enough to play for a little bit and sporadically, but its definitely not good enough to pay a monthly fee for, i played a lot in beta and my buddy still plays (he is a huge TES fanboy) but he says he plays maybe 1 hour a month now.

anyways this is completely OT but since a lot of best buy people have bluebird cards, if you have a bluebird card you can get dirt cheap soda from Walmart for the next month.  Walmarts price catcher price matches groceries in your area after the fact, but until Feb 28th if you load the savings onto a bluebird card you get DOUBLE the price match.  However you can only spend this money at Walmart.  Every week I have been buying 4 packs of coke or pepsi at Walmart for ~$18, PM the receipt online at 4/$10 at my local Walgreens or CVS so I get a $8 price match which is doubled to $16 and then I use that $16 to buy another 4 the next week.  All stocked up for superbowl.

https://savingscatcher.walmart.com/

Send me a PM if you don't understand, you do need a bluebird card (wont work with Serve), a Walmart (duh), and another local store like Walgreens, CVS, Dollar General, Albertsons, etc that sells soda 4/$10 every week.

Can someone repost the steps for using the $10 off coupon when picking up an in-store preorder for a $10-cert-eligible title, like for Madden 15 and Advanced Warfare? I'm picking up Dying Light tomorrow and it would help me and anyone else who might be doing the same thing.

Can someone repost the steps for using the $10 off coupon when picking up an in-store preorder for a $10-cert-eligible title, like for Madden 15 and Advanced Warfare? I'm picking up Dying Light tomorrow and it would help me and anyone else who might be doing the same thing.
Can't quote it but here's the direct link https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/317780-best-buy-10-reward-certificates-pre-order-promotion-read-the-op-before-posting-your-question/?p=12046305 :D

if you preordered in store, go to customer service area (where you do tradeins) not the front cashiers.  They handle the $5 deposit better than the cashiers.

Tell them you are picking up Dying Light and have a preorder slip (should still have that receipt with $5 paid), they should go in the back and pick it up and bring it out (just a regular one won't have the yellow stickers like online preorders).  They may have to radio someone to bring it from elsewhere since on tuesdays they usually don't load up the preorders.

Make sure they scan in your RZ info after scanning the game, hand them the $10 coupon and preorder receipt, price should drop to $50 ($59.99 - $10 coupon) then 20% discount kicks in so it drops to $40.  The price won't reflect your $5 deposit, it comes off in a weird way at the bottom of the receipt but be sure you are paying ~$35+tax and not $40+tax, its very common for the $5 deposit to not get entered (especially in the cashier area).  

I don't believe you can stack a movers coupon with the $10 trade in coupon, at least I couldn't when I picked up Madden 15 last year.

if you preordered in store, go to customer service area (where you do tradeins) not the front cashiers. They handle the $5 deposit better than the cashiers.

Tell them you are picking up Dying Light and have a preorder slip (should still have that receipt with $5 paid), they should go in the back and pick it up and bring it out (just a regular one won't have the yellow stickers like online preorders). They may have to radio someone to bring it from elsewhere since on tuesdays they usually don't load up the preorders.

Make sure they scan in your RZ info after scanning the game, hand them the $10 coupon and preorder receipt, price should drop to $50 ($59.99 - $10 coupon) then 20% discount kicks in so it drops to $40. The price won't reflect your $5 deposit, it comes off in a weird way at the bottom of the receipt but be sure you are paying ~$35+tax and not $40+tax, its very common for the $5 deposit to not get entered (especially in the cashier area).

I don't believe you can stack a movers coupon with the $10 trade in coupon, at least I couldn't when I picked up Madden 15 last year.
where can I get this $10 coupon?

im a GCU member

Best Buy doesnt charge you for a store pick up till you actually go and pick it up right?Thinking about throwing down a pre-order for store pick now for dying light and then waiting a few days till reviews go up to see if i want to get it

Best Buy doesnt charge you for a store pick up till you actually go and pick it up right?Thinking about throwing down a pre-order for store pick now for dying light and then waiting a few days till reviews go up to see if i want to get it
If you are doing it online they will charge you in full tonight.

I don't see anything on their site for it, and this game just screams that it's meant to be played at night. I sure hope they are.

best buy offer is back for those who doesn't want to deal with preordering using their credit card at bestbuy

• Buy $150 - $199 Best Buy e-gift cards and receive a $15 promotional savings code. Buy $200 or more and receive a $20 promotional savings code. The Savings Code is PROMOTIONAL and has No Cash Value.
• Redeem the Best Buy Savings Code on your next in-store or online purchase. Savings Codes expire February 28, 2015
• By making this purchase, you acknowledge and agree that the $15 or $20 savings code will be delivered to the e-mail address you enter as the “purchaser's e-mail address” by Best Buy’s agent, CashStar.
• Offer valid for eligible purchases from January 26, 2015 at 3 am ET to January 31, 2015 at 3 am ET.

https://bestbuy.cashstar.com/gift-card/buy/

I'm getting the same issue right now
keep trying, I did it 3 or 4 times at the same store and it went threw. All the information was saved so that made it pretty easy

got an email today saying dying light its ready for pick up, kinda sucks they're not doing a midnight, would like to start playing tonight,

best buy offer is back for those who doesn't want to deal with preordering using their credit card at bestbuy

• Buy $150 - $199 Best Buy e-gift cards and receive a $15 promotional savings code. Buy $200 or more and receive a $20 promotional savings code. The Savings Code is PROMOTIONAL and has No Cash Value.
• Redeem the Best Buy Savings Code on your next in-store or online purchase. Savings Codes expire February 28, 2015
• By making this purchase, you acknowledge and agree that the $15 or $20 savings code will be delivered to the e-mail address you enter as the “purchaser's e-mail address” by Best Buy’s agent, CashStar.
• Offer valid for eligible purchases from January 26, 2015 at 3 am ET to January 31, 2015 at 3 am ET.

Just a heads up, if you do this you won't get the base points or the double GCU points. That kills it for me, I would much rather just use my BBCC and pay it in full at the end of the month. I got nearly 700 points just for Dying Light alone.

keep trying, I did it 3 or 4 times at the same store and it went threw. All the information was saved so that made it pretty easy

got an email today saying dying light its ready for pick up, kinda sucks they're not doing a midnight, would like to start playing tonight,
I think they might be having issues right now. I tried going through the mobile site but that isn't even functional.

I just renewed my GCU I had ordered online during the $30 promo,....I forgot, do you get the coupons when the new two year period starts or within a few days?

And what the going time for the expiration date to reappear after renewing, still taking several days?

Just worried the guy did it wrong, I caught him making a mistake and got him to read the directions on the back, but.....

I just renewed my GCU I had ordered online during the $30 promo,....I forgot, do you get the coupons when the new two year period starts or within a few days?

And what the going time for the expiration date to reappear after renewing, still taking several days?

Just worried the guy did it wrong, I caught him making a mistake and got him to read the directions on the back, but.....
When I renewed mine a few months ago I got them the next day.

I wish that I hadn't seen this...now I'm tempted lol

Last time I got such a good deal on the white Ps4 when it was on sale for $350. I purchased 2 $150 giftcards, got $30 in savings codes, $10 back from Ibotta & 3XX points ($5+ reward certificate)

Just a heads up, if you do this you won't get the base points or the double GCU points. That kills it for me, I would much rather just use my BBCC and pay it in full at the end of the month. I got nearly 700 points just for Dying Light alone.
I received 300 points for the purchase of 2 $150 giftcards.

The points actually took a little bit longer than usual to post. I called in about it & the CS rep gave me 315 points then some time later the 300 points showed up, so you could even say that I received double points for my purchase lol

Consider this, though: $200 in game purchases would net you 400 points, which is under $10 in reward certs, less than the $20 you save with the promo code. Besides that, you would still get 200 points on the gift card purchase, so you're not out that much.

I don't know if it would affect stuff like this promo or not, though, I'm still new to BB's myriad idiosyncracies. Speaking of, my Dying Light shipped, says it'll be here tomorrow. I look forward to UPS going "SHIT, it snowed half an inch. Let's just mark Severe Weather Conditions on this fucker and do it tomorrow."

I think the storm bumped up the ship date for Dying Light for me at least.  Mine was supposed come tomorrow, but I got it a day early.

They charge it on release I belive, but you can still call and cancel, or if you don't pickup within 8 days, it gets cancelled.

[quote name="Vigilante" post="12443952" timestamp="1422286834"]It printed out when trading in certain titles, but that ended last week.[/quote]
I thought that ended several weeks ago... Please tell me it ended several weeks ago instead...

Well, now I'm salty and giving up. I went to Best Buy to pre-order Dying Light last-minute, like a good procrastinator. The store's touch display for pre-order tickets was broken, there were no pre-order cards out for the game, and I didn't find an employee to ask. I opted to do the pre-order online for in-store pick-up, but upon checking out, it said that it is sold out, due to high demand. I might try one more time to pre-order for shipping, but I'll otherwise just wait for the game to go on-sale. Without the $10 rewards cert (even if it's from my negligence), I'm not as-willing to get the game. Instead, I'll wait for a $10-15 price drop (to bring it to roughly the same price as if I got the cert) or a sale at Family Video.

Well, now I'm salty and giving up. I went to Best Buy to pre-order Dying Light last-minute, like a good procrastinator. The store's touch display for pre-order tickets was broken, there were no pre-order cards out for the game, and I didn't find an employee to ask. I opted to do the pre-order online for in-store pick-up, but upon checking out, it said that it is sold out, due to high demand. I might try one more time to pre-order for shipping, but I'll otherwise just wait for the game to go on-sale. Without the $10 rewards cert (even if it's from my negligence), I'm not as-willing to get the game. Instead, I'll wait for a $10-15 price drop (to bring it to roughly the same price as if I got the cert) or a sale at Family Video.
Keep trying, I did it about 3 or 4 times before mine went threw, kept selecting the same store. (I was also behind my vpn the first few times and it went threw once I shut it off but I think that was just a coincidence)

Keep trying, I did it about 3 or 4 times before mine went threw, kept selecting the same store. (I was also behind my vpn the first few times and it went threw once I shut it off but I think that was just a coincidence)
I ended up just doing it with the shipping option. I didn't care to fight the thing because the site's been a pain in the butt for some time now (making me attempt logging in 2-5 times upon every visit). I was planning on waiting a day or two for the reviews before picking the game up anyway, so while it ships, I can check those reviews. If I want to play sooner, I'll pick up a copy in-store and return the shipped one on the in-store receipt (so I keep the rewards cert).

still no reviews for dying lights. anyone want to take a guess. 

i'm thinking 8.2

Is a 7 really bad though? I've played games that were given 5s and 6s and still loved them (Ryse and Deadpool). So really who cares if it gets a 7 or 8, those are still good scores.

Consider this, though: $200 in game purchases would net you 400 points, which is under $10 in reward certs, less than the $20 you save with the promo code. Besides that, you would still get 200 points on the gift card purchase, so you're not out that much.
But I received 689 points for my $48 Dying Light purchase.

Yes, ignore the second part where I said I don't know if it affects those bonus point promos.
Even so, for things like that you can just... Not use the GC.
I'm not arguing with you. I'm just saying with the Elite Plus Bonus, GCU bonus, & MyBB CC Bonus I don't prefer to use gift cards at BB.

The $10 bonus Cert would work with a gift card though.

Btw my Preorder Bonus code was emailed to me at 2am Eastern.

Just bought this game from GameStop for $20, so I'm either going to sell or trade in my copy that gets delivered tomorrow.

I'm not arguing with you. I'm just saying with the Elite Plus Bonus, GCU bonus, & MyBB CC Bonus I don't prefer to use gift cards at BB.
Sure, but you're a fringe case. I sure wouldn't bother getting a BB CC, nor would I spend enough in a year to get Elite Plus. It's disingenuous to act like that's the norm.

Sure, but you're a fringe case. I sure wouldn't bother getting a BB CC, nor would I spend enough in a year to get Elite Plus. It's disingenuous to act like that's the norm.
You don't have to "spend" that much at BB to become Elite Plus really. Apparently you don't know but most people on this forum are Elite Plus.

But I received 689 points for my $48 Dying Light purchase.
You sure you did the math right?

You got 189 points on a $48 VG purchase.

200 / 48 * 189 = 787.5 pts

200 GC = 200 pts

787.5 - 200 = 587.5 pts = $11.75

$20 > $11.75, so 4.125% in extra savings with a $200 GC

You could say that the expiration on the $20 code sucks, though. But I'm not sure if they're stackable..or if you can use it on pre-orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back