Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)

DOOM Release Date: 05/13/2016

Overwatch Release Date: 05/24/2016

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens  Release Date: 06/28/2016

Battleborn Release Date: 05/03/2016

Receive 5 Gold Skins with the "Firstborn Pack" when you Pre-order Battleborn now!

Friends and foes alike will know you were one of the first to take up arms with the Battleborn when you show up to the fight in your exclusive gold regalia.

Pre-order your copy of Battleborn and deck your heroes out with an exclusive in-game title and golden character skins for Thorn, Reyna, Montana, Marquis, and Rath.

[customspoiler=Expired]

Madden NFL 16
Release Date: 8/25/2015

Pre-Order Madden NFL 16
Give your Ultimate Team a head start with 10 Pro Packs and the Playmaker Pack.

Disney Infinity: 3.0 Edition Starter Pack

Release Date: 8/30/2015

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Pre-Order Bonus
Receive a free Toy Box Takeover game when you pre-order and purchase a Disney Infinity 3.0 edition starter pack.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Release Date: 9/1/2015

Jump into the action with this Day One Edition, which additional game content, such as Adam-ska Special, a silver personal ballistic shield, a Wetland cardboard box, a blue urban fatigues outfit and a Metal Gear Online boost.

Mad Max

Release Date: 9/1/2015

Pre-order Mad Max at Best Buy, and get the in-pack Ripper, an additional fully upgradeable Magnum Opus car body.

Forza Motorsport 6

Release Date: 9/15/2015

Pre-order Forza Motorsport 6 and receive access to an in-game 2014 BMW M4 coupe. The new twin-turbo inline six is a spectacular performer that is grippy and transitions like a trooper. Experience the power of the smaller, lighter motor that offers enhanced handling. While supplies last. Download code will arrive via e-mail on or around release date. Valid e-mail address required. If you choose Store Pickup, the code will also be printed on your store receipt when you pick up the game.

FIFA 16

Release Date: 9/22/2015

Pre-order FIFA 16 Standard Edition now and get up to $15 worth of FUT Gold Packs over 15 weeks.*
*Redeem code before October 11, 2015 and login to FUT each week to receive full value. Grants are not retroactive.

Pre-order FIFA 16 Deluxe Edition now and get up to $50 worth of FUT Premium Gold Packs over 20 weeks.* Start your Ultimate Team season with Lionel Messi on your squad for 5 games and use the new "KO" and "BAILANDO ROBOT" celebrations when you pre-order today. *Redeem code before October 11, 2015 and login to FUT each week to receive full value. Grants are not retroactive.

NBA 2K16

Release Date: 9/25/2015

NBA 2K16 Pre-Order Bonus
Pre-order NBA 2K16 to receive your game Friday, September 25, before the standard Tuesday, September 29 release. Plus, get 10,000 virtual currency (VC), and MyTEAM VIP package. While supplies last.

Guitar Hero Live

Release Date: 10/20/2015

Guitar Hero Live Pre-Order Bonuses
Pre-order and purchase to experience what it's like to play with Avenged Sevenfold on the big stage. Bonus content includes premium shows, custom note highways and more. Only at Best Buy: You'll also receive an additional pre-order bonus of a Guitar Hero Live microphone.

Bonus content available from October 20 to November 2, 2015. Internet connection required. For more information, visit www.guitarhero.com/bonus.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Release Date: 10/23/2015

PRE-ORDER NOW AND GET THE DARWIN & DICKENS CONSPIRACY MISSION
Embark on two pulse-quickening missions that will take you into the inner sanctums of London's most influential men. Defend Charles Darwin's discoveries from those who would kill to silence him. And help a friend of legendary writer Charles Dickens to keep a secret that could get him killed. While supplies last. Online and in-store customers will receive their code packed with the game.

:ps4: PLAYSTATION EXCLUSIVE CONTENT  :ps4:
Includes 10 exclusive Dreadful Crimes missions.

10,000 BONUS CREDITS FOR THE JOIN THE FAMILY REWARDS PROGRAM*
Pre-order to receive 10,000 Bonus Credits. Join the Family to earn a wide range of Assassin's Creed rewards. Earn credits for being a fan and cash in your earnings for rewards, prizes, and even bigger giveaways. Sign up anytime at assassinscreed.com/rewards. * Code to redeem your 10,000 bonus credits will be delivered via email within 72 hours.

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date: 10/27/2015

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.

Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians and receive tokens to redeem the in-game multiplayer Longshot Assault Rifle with Recoil Compensator and Athlon Iccus Armor.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3

Release Date: 11/6/2015

Players who pre-order will receive the NUK3TOWN Bonus Map*, available on PS4, Xbox One and PC via in-box redemption code.

Fallout 4

Release Date: 11/10/2015

Free Fallout 4 Perk Poster
Pre-order Fallout 4 today and get a physical Vault-Tec Perk Poster, fully colorized retro fun for the ultimate Wasteland survivor.

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Release Date: 11/10/2015

Preorder Rise of the Tomb Raider for Xbox One at Best Buy and receive a token to redeem The Sparrowhawk Pack. The Sparrowhawk Pack contains the in-game Sparrowhawk Outfit, White Wood Recurve Bow skin and Master Hunter journal pages. Only at Best Buy. Alone and without precious resources in the Siberian wilderness, Lara crafted an outfit from the furs and hides of animals she has hunted. The outfit will boost Lara's hunting ability, causing animals to scare less easily.

Rise of the Tomb Raider Pop-Up Art Sleeve.
Get a unique and exciting pop-up packaging when you pre-order the game.

Star Wars Battlefront 3

Release Date: 11/17/2015

Star Wars: Battlefront Pre-Order Bonus
Pre-order Star Wars: Battlefront and be among the first players to experience the Battle of Jakku, the pivotal moment when the New Republic confronts key Imperial holdouts on a remote desert planet in the Outer Rim. While supplies last. Download code will arrive via e-mail on or around release date. Valid e-mail address required. If you choose Store Pickup, the code will also be printed on your store receipt when you pick up the game.

Rainbow Six Siege

Release Date: 12/1/2015

Pre-order now and get the gold weapons skin pack.

:xb1: Includes Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for free.  :xb1:

fg_thedivision.jpg
Tom Clancy's The Division
Release Date: 3/8/2016

IzjBSGp.png

Redeem this code, "AGENTORIGINS", to unlock your 4 Free Division Agent Gear Sets inspired by the video series! Each gear set will give your in-game Division Agent a unique look and includes skills that will help you take back New York!

agent-origins-gear_rewards_sets_235317.j
GUARANTEED BETA ACCESS
Pre-Order your copy of Tom Clancy's The Division for guaranteed Beta access. E-mail delivered within 72 hours of pre-order with registration instructions for the Beta.

Hazmat Gear Set with Pre-Order
Your gear includes a hazmat suit, backpack with increased health, and a POF P416 assault rifle.
[:xb1:]  Play it first on Xbox One in December 2015. [:xb1:][/customspoiler]

FAQ
What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, Wii U or PC (platform availability varies by title). Not valid with any other offers. No dealers. No rain checks.

• Best Buy Stores: $5 deposit required to pre-order. Pre-order game by 5:00 p.m. CT on day before street date. Present member ID at time of pre-order and pickup. Purchase and pick up game within 7 days of street date.
  • BestBuy.com — Ship to Store: Payment in full required to pre-order. Present member ID at time of pre-order. Pick up game within 7 days of street date.
  • BestBuy.com — Ship to Home: Payment in full required to pre-order. Present member ID at time of pre-order. Purchase is processed and shipped on or about street date.
Please Note: If you are not a My Best Buy member or do not present your member ID at time of pre-order, street date and/or store pickup as described in these FAQs, this offer is void.

When will I receive my $10 reward certificate?
For each qualified purchase, you will receive 500 My Best Buy points (worth $10 in reward certificates) credited to your account approximately 20 days after street date or store pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of a qualifying game and get multiple awards?
There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.
Authorization Process
When you place an order online, Best Buy authorizes your credit card to make sure sufficient credit is available. A hold is placed on funds equal to your order total until the order is fulfilled.

Last edited by a moderator:
I preordered FIFA 16, Fallout 4. MGS V, and Halo 5 on the same order. Bought the Gamers Club membership thing for $30, which saved me $12 off of each game, for a total of $18.

While $18 isn't a huge deal, the membership lasts two years. So if you intend on preordering a bunch this year, or purchase a lot in general, I'd recommend paying for membership. It pays for itself after 3 full price games.
NO WAY DUDE!! BEST DEAL EVER!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE BEST BUY WOULD DO THIS?! DISCOUNT GAMES AND A $10 CERT?!?!

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

I preordered FIFA 16, Fallout 4. MGS V, and Halo 5 on the same order. Bought the Gamers Club membership thing for $30, which saved me $12 off of each game, for a total of $18.

While $18 isn't a huge deal, the membership lasts two years. So if you intend on preordering a bunch this year, or purchase a lot in general, I'd recommend paying for membership. It pays for itself after 3 full price games.

Did you have to preorder by a certain date? I wasn't even aware of such a promotion. Either way, cool of them to do that. I'll have to keep my eyes open for that on future preorders...
But seriously.... both of these have been going on for over 2 years.... some people don't really pay attention.

Reel gud math thar!

OK, im not gonna try to be mean here, but help me understand something.

you just ordered 4 games. and the membership. 60+60+60+60+30 = 270

price after each game (60-12=48)+(60-12=48)+(60-12=48)+(60-12=48)=192+(30 membership)=222

I think maybe in your excitement, you did your math wrong, or you forgot some words in your explanation. Essentially the member in just one order paid for itself and saved you an additional 18 is what i think you meant to say. On top of that,you'll also get $10 back on each game. So you will have end result paid, $182.

Welcome to GCU. I hope it was just excitement that got people confused by what you said.

I half suspect he worded it that way to bait people into incorrectly calling him out.

It's pretty obvious what he meant.

Bought (4) games and saved $12 on each game from the 20% discount given by GCU membership that costs $30.

$12 x 4 = $48

$48 - $30 = $18

for a total of $18 (in [net] savings)

OK, im not gonna try to be mean here, but help me understand something.

you just ordered 4 games. and the membership. 60+60+60+60+30 = 270

price after each game (60-12=48)+(60-12=48)+(60-12=48)+(60-12=48)=192+(30 membership)=222

I think maybe in your excitement, you did your math wrong, or you forgot some words in your explanation. Essentially the member in just one order paid for itself and saved you an additional 18 is what i think you meant to say. On top of that,you'll also get $10 back on each game. So you will have end result paid, $182.

Welcome to GCU. I hope it was just excitement that got people confused by what you said.
Just to add, if he comparing buying the membership with not buying it, then you wouldn't add the 30 bucks for the membership, meaning he'd indeed save 18 bucks (240 vs 222).

I half suspect he worded it that way to bait people into incorrectly calling him out.

It's pretty obvious what he meant.

Bought (4) games and saved $12 on each game from the 20% discount given by GCU membership that costs $30.

$12 x 4 = $48

$48 - $30 = $18

for a total of $18 (in [net] savings)
Lawlz, obviously not obvious or there wouldn't be a mini discussion about it in here now would there? ;)

My money is that there's a split on the loss from a shallow view point on it.
There are various (in less magnitude) reasons why a publisher might want to reject a freebie if that's what BB is offering...but yeah, probably a split to factor in too.
Since that's what I think, I'm not so inclined to blame publishers for not making the list since who knows what that split would be.
In general a $10 cert/giftcard is split $5 by BB $5 by the company, BB gets discounts on bulk orders so with extremely large AAA sellers they don`t even really "feel" the $5 "loss".

I'm actually rather surprised that the reward cert isn't for in-store pre-orders only. It would make more sense if they took the hit (or partial hit) in exchange for getting you to come to the store twice.
That wouldn`t make sense since a reward cert can only be spent @ BB anyways. The hope is that the GS trade in cycle is adapted there was an article which one of the BB mods commented on explaining it better but I can`t locate it.

Can Sony please give best buy permission to put ps4 exclusives with this promo ? :(
Sony loves those buy ___ game get $10-$20 off a controller, PS+/PSN and/or other Sony 1st party title since it effectively ensures they get the double dip. Generally, nowhere near as good as the $10 cert unless you need the PS+ or want the other game too. A few times the TIV`s worked out to where you could trade in both games and rebuy for a better deal though.

Preordered Batman on xbone for release date shipping. First time preordering a game and getting it shipped, would be great to get it the Monday before but as long as I get it on Tuesday I'll be happy. 

Also had 15 in certs so only paying $35 is pretty sweet :D

Just picked up eso with my gcu. Got the last copy.. Played a few hours good game but fuck i hate getting myself into mmo's if i can return it i would but ohwell i guess ill play it once in awhile.

So i have a Batmobile Edtion on preorder when BB had issues with it not adding tax to the order. I know now the order shows i owe $11.xx in tax still but the gift i used doesn't have enough left to cover the tax. Do i need to contact them about adding another payment option or will they contact me before it ships?

Don't get me wrong its a good game but that's not the reason why i partially would like to return it if i had the chance.

And the reason why i said i wish i can return it is cuhs i have a history of getting myself stuck playing a mmo 24/7. Some people wouldn't understand but ive had moments where id play a mmo all summer without alot of sleep and become realy depressed and anti social. It happens thats what i did my whole high school year and i became the most hating life person ever after graduation. But im an adult now. I can control it i think, MMO's are serious business.

Personally I have never seen the appeal for MMOs. They're all the same shit. Kill *insert number* enemies or kill enemies and pick up *insert what they dropped.*

Looks like my local store is doing a Batman midnight launch.  Hopefully I get an order is ready notification since I have the console preordered.  Usually those things come late to Hawaii.  All preorder swag arrives at least a week late and they are supposed to call you...  Yeah that never happens.

The unfortunate thing is many of the staff themselves are gamers.  I went to the Destiny launch, they didn't receive shipment and promised to call with T Shirts and wrist bands.  Unfortunately, that was all the employees were wearing a week later and they talked about Destiny constantly.  Even after complaining and giving my phone number, no call.  That's when I was on the Destiny hype train, but I feel I would have just bleached the shirt or set it on fire eventually.

Wishing that Witcher TIV would go back up but looks like I'll have to settle for $38. Going to wait and see if there's a bonus in next week's ad but not expecting it.

Anyone heard anything about any freebies for Arkham Knight's midnight launch or do I save myself a trip?

I was impressed with what I've seen of ESO so far on Xbox One. It feels more like Skyrim with a controller than on PC and it's still possible to just explore and mess around. The stealing and pick pocketing mechanic is actually something I've never seen in an mmo and I'm really enjoying that aspect. Will be a good hold over til Fallout 4 later this year.

I thought they didn't put stealing and pick pocketing in it?
Definitely did ... I was raiding the whole starting area until the guards hunted me down and killed me. Also didn't realize most items have no value (basic swords, helms, etc), but you can steal some decent armor to start with and evidently if you fence enough stuff in Riften later in the game, you can easily buy a horse earlier than normal.

Let's hope the fallout 4 pipboy edition hits best buy. I'm sure it's not gonna be cheap!
No mention of the game being added to the $10 program though.

Huh? We already know Fallout 4 is part of the $10 program, and CEs of eligible games automatically qualify.
That's good. I didn't know about it (I miss obvious things sometimes), and I didn't see it on the $10 promo page or the individual product pages.

Well I guess Fallout 4 with the $10 certificate and 20% off with GCU works out as a better deal than $45 on GMG, even factoring in sales tax. I'm guessing if I can do this deal with another game like MGS V, I can apply the $10 certificate from that after I get it to my Fallout 4 order, and get another $10 certificate from Fallout 4?

Well I guess Fallout 4 with the $10 certificate and 20% off with GCU works out as a better deal than $45 on GMG, even factoring in sales tax. I'm guessing if I can do this deal with another game like MGS V, I can apply the $10 certificate from that after I get it to my Fallout 4 order, and get another $10 certificate from Fallout 4?
Yes and no, in order to add things to a bestbuy order they have to cancel the order, it's not easy to add new payment methods to orders, as long as your not ordering the collectors editions you should just wait to preorder once you get your other cents from other titles

Awesome! We preordered 2 of the ps4 pipboy editions of fallout for costume use. we'll flip whatever's left of one of the copies on ebay without the pipboy. I'm sure it'll include some extras, and it was easy to do with the skyrim collectors edition to get the dragon statue cheap.

credit to reddit

Amazon is running their E3 pre-order promo! On qualifying games only, here's the list

Pre-order 2 games and use E3SAVE20 to save 20%

Pre-order 3 or more games and use E3SAVE30 to save 30%

Actual text of the deal:

Save 20% on 2, or 30% on 3 or more qualifying pre-orders, including those announced at E3. You must have two qualifying pre-order games in your cart and you must enter the promotion code E3SAVE20 at checkout to receive a 20% discount on two pre-order games; or, you must have three or more qualifying pre-order games in your cart and you must must enter the promotion code E3SAVE30 at checkout to receive a 30% discount on three or more pre-order games. Amazon reserves the right to cancel this promotion at any time. Promotion benefit will be applied at checkout. Promotions do not stack. Offer ends at 11:59 PM PST June 18, 2015. Limit 2 units of any one game per customer. Learn more.

Word of caution though: if you pre-order 3 games, and a few months later change your mind and cancel one of them, the likelihood is you'll lose the 30% off the other two titles, and since the promo will be done you won't be able to get 20% off instead. Which is why I usually pre-order most of my games for the year during this promo. Odds are I'll keep at least 3 of them.

Huh? We already know Fallout 4 is part of the $10 program, and CEs of eligible games automatically qualify.
Did someone verify it somewhere else? It's not on Best Buy's list and the promo isn't listed on the individual pages for the various editions of the game. I searched this thread and I don't see anyone confirming it was added for the promo. I'm not sure if it was added then deleted, or if someone posted it was up for preorder and someone else misunderstood and added it to the thread title and poll.

ETA: Ok, I see that they added the $10 banner to the page for Fallout, which seems to only be the case for games that are part of the promo. Odd that it's not on the promo page and that the $10 doesn't appear under the special offers for the game though. Probably just Best Buy being buggy though.

Did someone verify it somewhere else? It's not on Best Buy's list and the promo isn't listed on the individual pages for the various editions of the game. I searched this thread and I don't see anyone confirming it was added for the promo. I'm not sure if it was added then deleted, or if someone posted it was up for preorder and someone else misunderstood and added it to the thread title and poll.

ETA: Ok, I see that they added the $10 banner to the page for Fallout, which seems to only be the case for games that are part of the promo. Odd that it's not on the promo page and that the $10 doesn't appear under the special offers for the game though. Probably just Best Buy being buggy though.
Well, all that AND it's part of the title of this thread. That's pretty official too right? :D

htz, the mod who made this thread, let us know here when Fallout 4 was added to the promo.

Never liked the Fallout series. Only played the third one until you leave the vault and just got bored after that, but I would be lying if the press conference from Bethesda didn't impress me. Depending on how my gaming schedule is going into November I might have to swap Battlefront for Fallout. 

Never liked the Fallout series. Only played the third one until you leave the vault and just got bored after that, but I would be lying if the press conference from Bethesda didn't impress me. Depending on how my gaming schedule is going into November I might have to swap Battlefront for Fallout.
after seeing the battlefront gameplay trailer, i know i wouldn't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xMij6F7bEE

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back