Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)

DOOM Release Date: 05/13/2016

Overwatch Release Date: 05/24/2016

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens  Release Date: 06/28/2016

Battleborn Release Date: 05/03/2016

Receive 5 Gold Skins with the "Firstborn Pack" when you Pre-order Battleborn now!

Friends and foes alike will know you were one of the first to take up arms with the Battleborn when you show up to the fight in your exclusive gold regalia.

Pre-order your copy of Battleborn and deck your heroes out with an exclusive in-game title and golden character skins for Thorn, Reyna, Montana, Marquis, and Rath.

[customspoiler=Expired]

Madden NFL 16
Release Date: 8/25/2015

Pre-Order Madden NFL 16
Give your Ultimate Team a head start with 10 Pro Packs and the Playmaker Pack.

Disney Infinity: 3.0 Edition Starter Pack

Release Date: 8/30/2015

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Pre-Order Bonus
Receive a free Toy Box Takeover game when you pre-order and purchase a Disney Infinity 3.0 edition starter pack.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Release Date: 9/1/2015

Jump into the action with this Day One Edition, which additional game content, such as Adam-ska Special, a silver personal ballistic shield, a Wetland cardboard box, a blue urban fatigues outfit and a Metal Gear Online boost.

Mad Max

Release Date: 9/1/2015

Pre-order Mad Max at Best Buy, and get the in-pack Ripper, an additional fully upgradeable Magnum Opus car body.

Forza Motorsport 6

Release Date: 9/15/2015

Pre-order Forza Motorsport 6 and receive access to an in-game 2014 BMW M4 coupe. The new twin-turbo inline six is a spectacular performer that is grippy and transitions like a trooper. Experience the power of the smaller, lighter motor that offers enhanced handling. While supplies last. Download code will arrive via e-mail on or around release date. Valid e-mail address required. If you choose Store Pickup, the code will also be printed on your store receipt when you pick up the game.

FIFA 16

Release Date: 9/22/2015

Pre-order FIFA 16 Standard Edition now and get up to $15 worth of FUT Gold Packs over 15 weeks.*
*Redeem code before October 11, 2015 and login to FUT each week to receive full value. Grants are not retroactive.

Pre-order FIFA 16 Deluxe Edition now and get up to $50 worth of FUT Premium Gold Packs over 20 weeks.* Start your Ultimate Team season with Lionel Messi on your squad for 5 games and use the new "KO" and "BAILANDO ROBOT" celebrations when you pre-order today. *Redeem code before October 11, 2015 and login to FUT each week to receive full value. Grants are not retroactive.

NBA 2K16

Release Date: 9/25/2015

NBA 2K16 Pre-Order Bonus
Pre-order NBA 2K16 to receive your game Friday, September 25, before the standard Tuesday, September 29 release. Plus, get 10,000 virtual currency (VC), and MyTEAM VIP package. While supplies last.

Guitar Hero Live

Release Date: 10/20/2015

Guitar Hero Live Pre-Order Bonuses
Pre-order and purchase to experience what it's like to play with Avenged Sevenfold on the big stage. Bonus content includes premium shows, custom note highways and more. Only at Best Buy: You'll also receive an additional pre-order bonus of a Guitar Hero Live microphone.

Bonus content available from October 20 to November 2, 2015. Internet connection required. For more information, visit www.guitarhero.com/bonus.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Release Date: 10/23/2015

PRE-ORDER NOW AND GET THE DARWIN & DICKENS CONSPIRACY MISSION
Embark on two pulse-quickening missions that will take you into the inner sanctums of London's most influential men. Defend Charles Darwin's discoveries from those who would kill to silence him. And help a friend of legendary writer Charles Dickens to keep a secret that could get him killed. While supplies last. Online and in-store customers will receive their code packed with the game.

:ps4: PLAYSTATION EXCLUSIVE CONTENT  :ps4:
Includes 10 exclusive Dreadful Crimes missions.

10,000 BONUS CREDITS FOR THE JOIN THE FAMILY REWARDS PROGRAM*
Pre-order to receive 10,000 Bonus Credits. Join the Family to earn a wide range of Assassin's Creed rewards. Earn credits for being a fan and cash in your earnings for rewards, prizes, and even bigger giveaways. Sign up anytime at assassinscreed.com/rewards. * Code to redeem your 10,000 bonus credits will be delivered via email within 72 hours.

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date: 10/27/2015

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.

Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians and receive tokens to redeem the in-game multiplayer Longshot Assault Rifle with Recoil Compensator and Athlon Iccus Armor.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3

Release Date: 11/6/2015

Players who pre-order will receive the NUK3TOWN Bonus Map*, available on PS4, Xbox One and PC via in-box redemption code.

Fallout 4

Release Date: 11/10/2015

Free Fallout 4 Perk Poster
Pre-order Fallout 4 today and get a physical Vault-Tec Perk Poster, fully colorized retro fun for the ultimate Wasteland survivor.

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Release Date: 11/10/2015

Preorder Rise of the Tomb Raider for Xbox One at Best Buy and receive a token to redeem The Sparrowhawk Pack. The Sparrowhawk Pack contains the in-game Sparrowhawk Outfit, White Wood Recurve Bow skin and Master Hunter journal pages. Only at Best Buy. Alone and without precious resources in the Siberian wilderness, Lara crafted an outfit from the furs and hides of animals she has hunted. The outfit will boost Lara's hunting ability, causing animals to scare less easily.

Rise of the Tomb Raider Pop-Up Art Sleeve.
Get a unique and exciting pop-up packaging when you pre-order the game.

Star Wars Battlefront 3

Release Date: 11/17/2015

Star Wars: Battlefront Pre-Order Bonus
Pre-order Star Wars: Battlefront and be among the first players to experience the Battle of Jakku, the pivotal moment when the New Republic confronts key Imperial holdouts on a remote desert planet in the Outer Rim. While supplies last. Download code will arrive via e-mail on or around release date. Valid e-mail address required. If you choose Store Pickup, the code will also be printed on your store receipt when you pick up the game.

Rainbow Six Siege

Release Date: 12/1/2015

Pre-order now and get the gold weapons skin pack.

:xb1: Includes Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for free.  :xb1:

fg_thedivision.jpg
Tom Clancy's The Division
Release Date: 3/8/2016

IzjBSGp.png

Redeem this code, "AGENTORIGINS", to unlock your 4 Free Division Agent Gear Sets inspired by the video series! Each gear set will give your in-game Division Agent a unique look and includes skills that will help you take back New York!

agent-origins-gear_rewards_sets_235317.j
GUARANTEED BETA ACCESS
Pre-Order your copy of Tom Clancy's The Division for guaranteed Beta access. E-mail delivered within 72 hours of pre-order with registration instructions for the Beta.

Hazmat Gear Set with Pre-Order
Your gear includes a hazmat suit, backpack with increased health, and a POF P416 assault rifle.
[:xb1:]  Play it first on Xbox One in December 2015. [:xb1:][/customspoiler]

FAQ
What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, Wii U or PC (platform availability varies by title). Not valid with any other offers. No dealers. No rain checks.

• Best Buy Stores: $5 deposit required to pre-order. Pre-order game by 5:00 p.m. CT on day before street date. Present member ID at time of pre-order and pickup. Purchase and pick up game within 7 days of street date.
  • BestBuy.com — Ship to Store: Payment in full required to pre-order. Present member ID at time of pre-order. Pick up game within 7 days of street date.
  • BestBuy.com — Ship to Home: Payment in full required to pre-order. Present member ID at time of pre-order. Purchase is processed and shipped on or about street date.
Please Note: If you are not a My Best Buy member or do not present your member ID at time of pre-order, street date and/or store pickup as described in these FAQs, this offer is void.

When will I receive my $10 reward certificate?
For each qualified purchase, you will receive 500 My Best Buy points (worth $10 in reward certificates) credited to your account approximately 20 days after street date or store pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of a qualifying game and get multiple awards?
There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.
Authorization Process
When you place an order online, Best Buy authorizes your credit card to make sure sufficient credit is available. A hold is placed on funds equal to your order total until the order is fulfilled.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't done the $10 reward cert deal before. Is there a way to tell with these last minute pre-order deals whether you still qualify for the RZ cert? I'm adding the game to my cart but don't see any mention of the $10.

Just preorder it before the release date at midnight central time and you'll get the $10 cert. It is now too late to preorder Assassins creed if thats what you are trying to buy.

I haven't done the $10 reward cert deal before. Is there a way to tell with these last minute pre-order deals whether you still qualify for the RZ cert? I'm adding the game to my cart but don't see any mention of the $10.
If you can check-out and your order status for the games indicate pre-order, you should be good. Its an automated process and reward cert should issue after 14 days.

Also, i think you have to be a GCU member.

If you can check-out and your order status for the games indicate pre-order, you should be good. Its an automated process and reward cert should issue after 14 days.

Also, i think you have to be a GCU member.
Nope, the $10 reward is for all My Best Buy members

God dammit so it came back up? I fell asleep at like 11:30. Just ordered this morning but there was no indication at all about pre-ordering. fuck. Oh well.

Uhh because it's 9:00 at night and I'm not going back out, and that's what the online website is there for.

Is anyone having the same problem I am? Every fucking time it gets removed from my cart.
By the way, I went and preordered the game at 8:45 PM last night at my local best buy with no issues.

So now because of a small amount of effort on my part ill be getting 10 dollars in certs plus all the preorder content. Seems worth to me!

By the way, I went and preordered the game at 8:45 PM last night at my local best buy with no issues.

So now because of a small amount of effort on my part ill be getting 10 dollars in certs plus all the preorder content. Seems worth to me!
Whatever. I don't know why you feel like you have to rub it in my face, but okay. Kinda douchey. You really expect me to go out and drive to the store at 9 at night? No. I have a crazy work schedule, and when I get home I want to RELAX, not fucking go back out. Again, that's WHAT the online website is for, and it should not have been having problems like it did.

At least I still have Black Ops, Fallout, and Battlefront. I'm never waiting this late again.

Vanilla, store or shipping? Online or phone?
I used Safari on my iPad for the Gold Edition. I got suckered into the Jack the Ripper missions that come with the Season Pass. I might just not pick it up, though. With Halo, Fallout, and Battlefront (not to mention possibly Tomb Raider), I'm dropping close to $500 in the next month... Knowing that BF is right around the corner...

Preordered AC Syn in-store last night before closing since online wasn't working all day -- paid $5 deposit without a problem

Looking at the preorder slip that prints out at the touchscreen kiosk, it looks like they set the system preorder cutoff date to 10/21 -- that's probably why the website was stuck in limbo all day yesterday (preorders worked fine until 10/21 cutoff, website stuck in limbo on 10/22, available for reg purchase on 10/23)

Most likely a mistake (typo by whoever entered the date into the system) -- it could be on purpose by BB, but I think they would rather have the revenue from whatever sales they can get

Had problems pre-ordering syndicate (standard edition) for PS4 online last night. Customer service rep on the phone was clueless and offered no help. Probably could have done in-store pre-order though. But was able to pre-order syndicate gold edition for PS4 online- which was weird. Will do in-store pickup later today.

Had problems pre-ordering syndicate (standard edition) for PS4 online last night. Customer service rep on the phone was clueless and offered no help. Probably could have done in-store pre-order though. But was able to pre-order syndicate gold edition for PS4 online- which was weird. Will do in-store pickup later today.
If you plan on getting the SP anyway, pre-ordering the Gold Edition is a better deal with GCU.

Stores aren't really supposed to take any more preorders 2 days before release. By then the product is already in the store and the system won't stop them from overselling the game. The report that says how many to set aside might also not be updated in time. I try to throw away the preorder cards on Sunday morning when I remember something is coming out but there's always some floating around the store.

Hello all-

I sincerely apologize if you were unable to place a pre-order for Assassin’s Creed Syndicate yesterday due to the items no longer being available for pre-order. However, pre-orders were still available in most cases at your local Best Buy store.

These items would have switched to being available at 12:01am CST as this was the release date for the game and they became accessible for order at that time. Regrettably, if you did not pre-order before 10/23, the My Best Buy Get $10 promotion would not be added to your purchase.

It’s certainly not in Best Buy’s interest to not have this available for pre-order the day before launch and it absolutely was not to drive people to pre-order the other editions.

Again, I am truly sorry if you were not able to pre-order through BestBuy.com yesterday.
Wow.

I'm actually pretty happy the system stopped me from buying last night. Will wait for $40 or a B2G1 deal.

I'm actually pretty happy the system stopped me from buying last night. Will wait for $40 or a B2G1 deal.
Just a heads up, every AC game has always been around $30 come black friday every year. Wait a month and get a patched game on sale.

It's a shame that is ubi's business motto, as far as how they trained their customers.

about 5hours in and i'm just not feeling assassins creed. probably franchise fatigue or what-not, just can't get into a rhythm. seems as i'm just forcing myself to play and completing tedious missions. just gonna trade this in next week and recuperate my cost.  

Just a heads up, every AC game has always been around $30 come black friday every year. Wait a month and get a patched game on sale.

It's a shame that is ubi's business motto, as far as how they trained their customers.
I don't get why wait a month for $7, stupid, play it now return it and make money, duh!

[quote name="EldritchOnRye" post="12985160" timestamp="1445647028"]Speaking of AC were there any pre-order bonuses other than the cert? Forgot to check if there was anything I needed to complain about.[/quote]
Some retailers were giving 10,000 points to use on the AC Rewards website.

Some retailers were giving 10,000 points to use on the AC Rewards website.
Will BB sending an email for online orders? AC rewards site makes it sound like for in-store only. Not that I need it, have 70,000+ left after buying all the dlc. I'm hoping the steelbooks come back that you mentioned in another thread. :pray:

Put your money where your mouth is. Pre-order at Best Buy, redeem the code you received on receipt, get 10,000 points

i'm enjoying syndicate so far, i love the AC series (except for AC3 and Unity of course) and Syndicate feels like a return to the roots of AC2.  Whistling is back, as is easier counter system so combat isn't as frustrating as it was in Unity.  Parkour is still hit and miss, with a lot of "nooooo, don't go flying down to your death i meant for you to jump over there!" but thats part of the fun/charm of AC anyways, random environment deaths.

So yeah, if you are a fan of AC I'd definitely check it out, too bad you missed out on the $10 preorder bonus though.  On PS4 there are like 3-4 DLC codes inside, and there are a ton of outfits you can buy on the AC rewards site for points too.  Its just like every AC/Ubisoft game, the map is massive and there are a bazillion collectibles everywhere, and the obnoxious microtransactions is around but its all optional.  Also it looks like there is zero multiplayer stuff, and you can plat the game solely in SP mode.

Anyone notice that Best Buy will have a midnight launch for Halo? The interesting part is that everyone except on the east coast will get it earlier. My best buy will be open at 11 CST. And it kept going an hour back the further you go west.

Anyone notice that Best Buy will have a midnight launch for Halo? The interesting part is that everyone except on the east coast will get it earlier. My best buy will be open at 11 CST. And it kept going an hour back the further you go west.
Technically it's all at the same time ;)

BB and other retailers have started doing this awhile ago.

Looks like the BB account page is being updated. The main account overview page is different.

Yeah, those strange things called time zones!

Technically it's all at the same time ;)
BB and other retailers have started doing this awhile ago.

Looks like the BB account page is being updated. The main account overview page is different.
Yeah, those strange things called time zones!
Sorry. I guess I didn't know retailers started doing this. Before it was you'd have to wait until it was midnight your local time before you get to pick up your preorder. So you know, it's on the technical release date. I knew XBL has been allowing as soon as it hit 12 EST that all time zones get it at that time. PSN is also starting to do this.

Just haven't been able to pick up my game before midnight my time before.

Works out well for the west coast employees and customers.  Most stores close at 9PM PST anyway so they don't have to come back for the midnight release.  Usually if you get in 5 minutes before closing they let you finish up shopping and you don't even need to be there for a midnight launch.  Hawaii's got it even easier. 

Works out well for the west coast employees and customers. Most stores close at 9PM PST anyway so they don't have to come back for the midnight release. Usually if you get in 5 minutes before closing they let you finish up shopping and you don't even need to be there for a midnight launch. Hawaii's got it even easier.
That's why it's odd to me. What happens to those people who thought a midnight launch was actually at midnight on West Coast and further? Can you not get your game at midnight anymore? Not that it's a problem for me. Just genuinely curious.

Yea I agree it'd be nice to pick up a game earlier but as someone on the east coast, I normally don't do midnight releases. I normally just get the game shipped and get it around noon on release day. The last midnight release I went to was GTA5(ps3) at Gamestop, before GCU was a thing. I also picked up the PS4 & xB1 on both of there midnight launches. If the game is something I want to play asap I'd just buy it digitally.

Another factor is my closest BB is 35-40 minutes away. So going to a midnight release, I wouldn't get home till about 1am.

That's why it's odd to me. What happens to those people who thought a midnight launch was actually at midnight on West Coast and further? Can you not get your game at midnight anymore? Not that it's a problem for me. Just genuinely curious.
Chances are if you are planning to attend a midnight release, you will know some details about it. Then you'd find out its actually earlier for you. It's always been posted on the website also.

Sort of off topic Question to anyone to has guitar hero live. In my controller near the piece that connects the neck of the controller to the base there is a grey cord hanging out (I am not sure of the name but it looking like a flat grey cord that you connect a computer hard drive to the mother board. I can email a picture if someone wants to see what I am taking about.

That's correct, the GS and BB stores around here do not stay open at midnight anymore. They've started doing it this year. I remember Batman Arkham Knight was advertised at my local stores to come at 9PM. Once they finished the midnight line, they (Best Buy) just went about their usual closing duties (whatever was left to do since the closing staff would start doing it while we were there) and would leave for home and not have to come back at midnight. So that's why it works out well for the employees and customers out here.

I'm pretty sure they started doing this because it was unfair that the digital versions of games were coming out "early" if you live on the west coast.

about 5hours in and i'm just not feeling assassins creed. probably franchise fatigue or what-not, just can't get into a rhythm. seems as i'm just forcing myself to play and completing tedious missions. just gonna trade this in next week and recuperate my cost.
Felt this way since AC:BF. The games are no longer connected, there is no overall lore. You play a character, you kill people, the end.

I'm an AC diehard. I've purchased every game at midnight launch every year. I throw AC themed parties with AC themed food. Lived it, breathed it. Along with each game I bought every collectible, one of a kind works of art, even AC Adidas shoes. I was 'that guy'.

Early on, what hooked me wasn't only how the game was essentially a pseudo history lesson, the modern story hooked me. I could not wait to see what happened each year, especially when it tied to real time and the Mayan calendar.

Now all of us know AC3 finished off the modern story with Desmond. Even though the game itself wasn't loved by everyone, I greatly enjoyed the lore behind it. And then Black Flag came out. I absolutely loved the gameplay. What I did not enjoy, and I even said this to Darby himself... to me the story was lacking and at the time I couldn't quite place it. It wasn't that the story within Black Flag was underwhelming, it just felt like something was missing.

Last month I finally hyped myself up enough to play Rogue even though I had purchased it earlier in the year. All right game, decent story. This month I played Unity, and as with all my AC games I 100% them and get the 'platinum'.

Now to the point of all of this: eight years later I have no connection to the series any longer. There is nothing that hooks me from one game to the next. Truthfully I feel a sense of dread, as if I think to myself "sigh, another AC game I have to play" such as just another day in the office at work. I used to have so much fun, yet now it just isn't the same anymore. Why? Well all of the recent games stories are essentially 10 hours long or less, the entire games are full of filler side missions and collectibles, thrown in to extend gameplay for no other reason than to unlock a costume.

Knowing this as well as nowadays each game is a standalone story, I just don't look forward to the grind any longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back