Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)

DOOM Release Date: 05/13/2016

Overwatch Release Date: 05/24/2016

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens  Release Date: 06/28/2016

Battleborn Release Date: 05/03/2016

Receive 5 Gold Skins with the "Firstborn Pack" when you Pre-order Battleborn now!

Friends and foes alike will know you were one of the first to take up arms with the Battleborn when you show up to the fight in your exclusive gold regalia.

Pre-order your copy of Battleborn and deck your heroes out with an exclusive in-game title and golden character skins for Thorn, Reyna, Montana, Marquis, and Rath.

[customspoiler=Expired]

Madden NFL 16
Release Date: 8/25/2015

Pre-Order Madden NFL 16
Give your Ultimate Team a head start with 10 Pro Packs and the Playmaker Pack.

Disney Infinity: 3.0 Edition Starter Pack

Release Date: 8/30/2015

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Pre-Order Bonus
Receive a free Toy Box Takeover game when you pre-order and purchase a Disney Infinity 3.0 edition starter pack.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Release Date: 9/1/2015

Jump into the action with this Day One Edition, which additional game content, such as Adam-ska Special, a silver personal ballistic shield, a Wetland cardboard box, a blue urban fatigues outfit and a Metal Gear Online boost.

Mad Max

Release Date: 9/1/2015

Pre-order Mad Max at Best Buy, and get the in-pack Ripper, an additional fully upgradeable Magnum Opus car body.

Forza Motorsport 6

Release Date: 9/15/2015

Pre-order Forza Motorsport 6 and receive access to an in-game 2014 BMW M4 coupe. The new twin-turbo inline six is a spectacular performer that is grippy and transitions like a trooper. Experience the power of the smaller, lighter motor that offers enhanced handling. While supplies last. Download code will arrive via e-mail on or around release date. Valid e-mail address required. If you choose Store Pickup, the code will also be printed on your store receipt when you pick up the game.

FIFA 16

Release Date: 9/22/2015

Pre-order FIFA 16 Standard Edition now and get up to $15 worth of FUT Gold Packs over 15 weeks.*
*Redeem code before October 11, 2015 and login to FUT each week to receive full value. Grants are not retroactive.

Pre-order FIFA 16 Deluxe Edition now and get up to $50 worth of FUT Premium Gold Packs over 20 weeks.* Start your Ultimate Team season with Lionel Messi on your squad for 5 games and use the new "KO" and "BAILANDO ROBOT" celebrations when you pre-order today. *Redeem code before October 11, 2015 and login to FUT each week to receive full value. Grants are not retroactive.

NBA 2K16

Release Date: 9/25/2015

NBA 2K16 Pre-Order Bonus
Pre-order NBA 2K16 to receive your game Friday, September 25, before the standard Tuesday, September 29 release. Plus, get 10,000 virtual currency (VC), and MyTEAM VIP package. While supplies last.

Guitar Hero Live

Release Date: 10/20/2015

Guitar Hero Live Pre-Order Bonuses
Pre-order and purchase to experience what it's like to play with Avenged Sevenfold on the big stage. Bonus content includes premium shows, custom note highways and more. Only at Best Buy: You'll also receive an additional pre-order bonus of a Guitar Hero Live microphone.

Bonus content available from October 20 to November 2, 2015. Internet connection required. For more information, visit www.guitarhero.com/bonus.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Release Date: 10/23/2015

PRE-ORDER NOW AND GET THE DARWIN & DICKENS CONSPIRACY MISSION
Embark on two pulse-quickening missions that will take you into the inner sanctums of London's most influential men. Defend Charles Darwin's discoveries from those who would kill to silence him. And help a friend of legendary writer Charles Dickens to keep a secret that could get him killed. While supplies last. Online and in-store customers will receive their code packed with the game.

:ps4: PLAYSTATION EXCLUSIVE CONTENT  :ps4:
Includes 10 exclusive Dreadful Crimes missions.

10,000 BONUS CREDITS FOR THE JOIN THE FAMILY REWARDS PROGRAM*
Pre-order to receive 10,000 Bonus Credits. Join the Family to earn a wide range of Assassin's Creed rewards. Earn credits for being a fan and cash in your earnings for rewards, prizes, and even bigger giveaways. Sign up anytime at assassinscreed.com/rewards. * Code to redeem your 10,000 bonus credits will be delivered via email within 72 hours.

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date: 10/27/2015

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.

Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians and receive tokens to redeem the in-game multiplayer Longshot Assault Rifle with Recoil Compensator and Athlon Iccus Armor.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3

Release Date: 11/6/2015

Players who pre-order will receive the NUK3TOWN Bonus Map*, available on PS4, Xbox One and PC via in-box redemption code.

Fallout 4

Release Date: 11/10/2015

Free Fallout 4 Perk Poster
Pre-order Fallout 4 today and get a physical Vault-Tec Perk Poster, fully colorized retro fun for the ultimate Wasteland survivor.

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Release Date: 11/10/2015

Preorder Rise of the Tomb Raider for Xbox One at Best Buy and receive a token to redeem The Sparrowhawk Pack. The Sparrowhawk Pack contains the in-game Sparrowhawk Outfit, White Wood Recurve Bow skin and Master Hunter journal pages. Only at Best Buy. Alone and without precious resources in the Siberian wilderness, Lara crafted an outfit from the furs and hides of animals she has hunted. The outfit will boost Lara's hunting ability, causing animals to scare less easily.

Rise of the Tomb Raider Pop-Up Art Sleeve.
Get a unique and exciting pop-up packaging when you pre-order the game.

Star Wars Battlefront 3

Release Date: 11/17/2015

Star Wars: Battlefront Pre-Order Bonus
Pre-order Star Wars: Battlefront and be among the first players to experience the Battle of Jakku, the pivotal moment when the New Republic confronts key Imperial holdouts on a remote desert planet in the Outer Rim. While supplies last. Download code will arrive via e-mail on or around release date. Valid e-mail address required. If you choose Store Pickup, the code will also be printed on your store receipt when you pick up the game.

Rainbow Six Siege

Release Date: 12/1/2015

Pre-order now and get the gold weapons skin pack.

:xb1: Includes Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for free.  :xb1:

fg_thedivision.jpg
Tom Clancy's The Division
Release Date: 3/8/2016

IzjBSGp.png

Redeem this code, "AGENTORIGINS", to unlock your 4 Free Division Agent Gear Sets inspired by the video series! Each gear set will give your in-game Division Agent a unique look and includes skills that will help you take back New York!

agent-origins-gear_rewards_sets_235317.j
GUARANTEED BETA ACCESS
Pre-Order your copy of Tom Clancy's The Division for guaranteed Beta access. E-mail delivered within 72 hours of pre-order with registration instructions for the Beta.

Hazmat Gear Set with Pre-Order
Your gear includes a hazmat suit, backpack with increased health, and a POF P416 assault rifle.
[:xb1:]  Play it first on Xbox One in December 2015. [:xb1:][/customspoiler]

FAQ
What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, Wii U or PC (platform availability varies by title). Not valid with any other offers. No dealers. No rain checks.

• Best Buy Stores: $5 deposit required to pre-order. Pre-order game by 5:00 p.m. CT on day before street date. Present member ID at time of pre-order and pickup. Purchase and pick up game within 7 days of street date.
  • BestBuy.com — Ship to Store: Payment in full required to pre-order. Present member ID at time of pre-order. Pick up game within 7 days of street date.
  • BestBuy.com — Ship to Home: Payment in full required to pre-order. Present member ID at time of pre-order. Purchase is processed and shipped on or about street date.
Please Note: If you are not a My Best Buy member or do not present your member ID at time of pre-order, street date and/or store pickup as described in these FAQs, this offer is void.

When will I receive my $10 reward certificate?
For each qualified purchase, you will receive 500 My Best Buy points (worth $10 in reward certificates) credited to your account approximately 20 days after street date or store pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of a qualifying game and get multiple awards?
There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.
Authorization Process
When you place an order online, Best Buy authorizes your credit card to make sure sufficient credit is available. A hold is placed on funds equal to your order total until the order is fulfilled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Streamer on Twitch by the name of Cohhcarnage has been allowed to stream it early. Watch it if you are undecided on getting the game. It's epic so far, and he hasn't left the main area yet.
Oh I have the Gold Edition ordered. I will be playing it but the other games can be done faster and traded back in. Fallout needs special love and care.

Oh I have the Gold Edition ordered. I will be playing it but the other games can be done faster and traded back in. Fallout needs special love and care.
True, I still have Skyrim and will fire it up every couple of months, the bethesda games are great value.

It is funny how people will interpret stuff the way they want it to be.  Both versions have issues.  Those issues though seem to come up in different areas of gameplay at different times. Personally if the X1 has less problems during combat that would be way more preferable over a stutter during a loading time into a new area but again just my opinion.

Did we watch the same video? It looked like the xbox version has serious problems, that would be annoying as hell during gameplay. The conclusion I got was that the PS4 version was superior.
We did. The stutters aren't an issue during combat (which is when it would matter), but when wandering around. Annoying yes, but it's not the issue being made. And they made clear that the XB1 performed better in combat when response time matters. Go to 3:58 in the video, that seems to me like a much more significant problem if you want to grade them. To make it out like some game breaking problem is not being honest.

Loading stutters can be addressed via a patch by optimization of how data is accessed and minor adjustments towards when they are triggered.

It is funny how people will interpret stuff the way they want it to be. Both versions have issues. Those issues though seem to come up in different areas of gameplay at different times. Personally if the X1 has less problems during combat that would be way more preferable over a stutter during a loading time into a new area but again just my opinion.

We did. The stutters aren't an issue during combat (which is when it would matter), but when wandering around. Annoying yes, but it's not the issue being made. And they made clear that the XB1 performed better in combat when response time matters. To make it out like some game breaking problem is not being honest.

Loading stutters can be addressed via a patch by optimization of how data is accessed and minor adjustments towards when they are triggered.
You both need to re-watch that video (and listen this time) without your xbox fanboi helmet/goggles on..

It has some stutters entering some areas decompressing things. Digital Foundry did a comparison. The PS4 has framerate issues the XB1 doesn't have in combat with massive amounts of effects. In the end they said it was very close in quality, both are 1080p and stay locked at 30 fps most of the time.

Sony fanboys (like above) of course will play up the stutter thing as if it is some MASSIVE thing that happens all the time, of course. These are the kinds of things that can be addressed in a patch. He probably shouldn't have tried to make such a big deal on it on the exact same page he was posting his butt-hurt on Rise of the Tomb Raider if he wanted to appear earnest.
How am I making a big deal about it? I just posted it because Ive never seen that before and I thought it was funny. Calm down. And yes, MS and Square can still go fuck themselves.

We did. The stutters aren't an issue during combat (which is when it would matter), but when wandering around. Annoying yes, but it's not the issue being made. And they made clear that the XB1 performed better in combat when response time matters. Go to 3:58 in the video, that seems to me like a much more significant problem if you want to grade them. To make it out like some game breaking problem is not being honest.

Stutters and lag is an issue no matter what I am doing and no matter what system it is on. Worse part about skyrim was all the frame rate issues that would pop up randomly.

You both need to re-watch that video (and listen this time) without your xbox fanboi helmet/goggles on..
I did, again. Go to 3:58 in that video. It isn't a minor drop, but in big battles with lots of stuff going on (you know, when you want smooth response) it isn't a small drop, the PS4 drops to 20fps and XB1 stays solid at 30fps. Are you going to suggest that is better than some stuttering when wandering around the busiest town?

Funny you say "fanboi helmet/goggles", I have both consoles so am completely unbiased by console choice - I can go for either one. I'm not just playing up the only one I can play.

Can't we all just agree that Bethesda games need some time for tweaking post launch? Fallout 3 was a mess on ps3. Skyrim too.

I think you are taking this a bit too personal.
I agree. I think everyone should be happy they are getting an awesome game that performs comparably on both platforms (and even better on PC, of course - IGN noted both consoles have some stuttering which is completely absent on a capable PC). Of course a typical Bethesda game requires some post launch patching, let's hope no issues like the nasty PS3 Skyrim long term play one arises down the road.

How am I making a big deal about it? I just posted it because Ive never seen that before and I thought it was funny. Calm down. And yes, MS and Square can still go fuck themselves.
I find it funny you are telling me to "Calm down", when you are the one throwing out the profanity at the existence of a console exclusive period. But I guess this all is expected when the Sony fanboys can't use their standard "but it isn't 1080p ...". Apparently 1080p is the most crucial thing in the world unless both are at that level, then new nits have to be found to pick.

I did, again. Go to 3:58 in that video. It isn't a minor drop, but in big battles with lots of stuff going on (you know, when you want smooth response) it isn't a small drop, the PS4 drops to 20fps and XB1 stays solid at 30fps. Are you going to suggest that is better than some stuttering when wandering around the busiest town?

Funny you say "fanboi helmet/goggles", I have both consoles so am completely unbiased by console choice - I can go for either one. I'm not just playing up the only one I can play.
Both consoles have their issues. You're right about combat being smoother on Xbox One, but the stutters while going from area to area are definitely noticeable and will likely be pretty annoying. That said, he also mentioned that a faster drive could solve those issues. I always install my games to my external which is capable of running at 7200 RPM so I wonder if that will truly help.

So I got an email this morning that my payment method didn't work for my preorder (CC had wrong expiration date), I fixed the date but when it showed the updated order, GCU discount and a $10 certificate I had used were not applied. I cancelled the order and plan on doing another one, but does anybody know if the $10 certificate will come back eventually?

lol you picked out the one instance where the ps4 performed worse, not the 25 times the xbone had issues.. the fanboism is strong in this one :) I doubt you have a PS4, you are just trying to justify ur bias..

lol you picked out the one instance where the ps4 performed worse, not the 25 times the xbone had issues.. the fanboism is strong in this one :) I doubt you have a PS4, you are just trying to justify ur bias..
25 times? Nice exaggeration. Typical Sony fanboy nonsense. And note that that "one time" is in major encounters with tough bosses, wouldn't worry about that now would you?

I could care less if you believe me or not, my plat trophy on Bloodborne and complete MGS5 file (which I chose on PS4 for performance reasons OMG!) disagrees with you. Feel free to dig into my post history if you like where I have many times in the past referenced having both consoles, particularly talking about choosing MGS5 on PS4 due to performance. Did I time travel back and make those posts just so I could make a point now? Hmm?

I find it funny you are telling me to "Calm down", when you are the one throwing out the profanity at the existence of a console exclusive period. But I guess this all is expected when the Sony fanboys can't use their standard "but it isn't 1080p ...". Apparently 1080p is the most crucial thing in the world unless both are at that level, then new nits have to be found to pick.
Dont worry, I'll get to use all my resolution jokes next week when Battlefront comes out. Its only 720p on the Xbox Juan :razz:

You do realize that PS4 struggled with frame-rates during combat in general, not just that one instance in the video, right? By the way, there were two instances. Likewise, Xbox struggled (harder) while entering other areas. Point is, you're argument is a bit flawed. Both have issues, although Xbox's seem more amplified.

Dont worry, I'll get to use all my resolution jokes next week when Battlefront comes out. Its only 720p on the Xbox Juan :razz:
That's racist! Are you implying that Mexicans are inferior?

For the record, I'm Mexican and I'm only joking.

1c941ea3619aed9de36ec61914b34849.jpg

Thanks for making my point. Resolution isn't the most important thing unless it works in favor of the PS4 to you. No one seems to care that the XB1 is full 1080p for Fallout 4, which is pretty cool. Previously it was held that if it could achieve that it would be worthy. Goalposts are moving right back.

You should not insult Mix8cans by comparing tgem to the Xbone. ;)

Anyone else see an early delivery from bb today?

Thanks for making my point. Resolution isn't the most important thing unless it works in favor of the PS4 to you. No one seems to care that the XB1 is full 1080p for Fallout 4, which is pretty cool. Previously it was held that if it could achieve that it would be worthy. Goalposts are moving right back.
I was joking.

Hmm still trying to decide of Tomb Raider, might as well use a $45 Cert and pay $3+tax and get $10 back.

The Juggernog Edition worked out pretty well, anyone else use their BB CC to get the Juggernog? 637 reward points, and that's before the 500 point bonus.

[attachment=18196:image.png]

I'm still waiting for BB to ship my Fallout 4, which has been in preparing status since last Thursday...  :wall:

Well at least UPS is delivering my Starcraft 2 LotV today.

I'm still waiting for them to ship my forza console that I ordered Friday. I was given an expedited delivery date of tomorrow but it is still in preparing your item for shipping. They shipped the gift card Saturday but console hasn't moved.

Hmm my preorder of tomb raider shipped, but since I preordered it way back in march it seemed it didn't come eith the now available pop up sleeve and digital code. For those who preordered before this, is it just added on automatically or do I have to go through the ungodly process of Customer Service either in-store or on the phone?

My PS4 pipboy fallout 4 edition arrived about 2pm. There's a plastic sleeve over the container taped on with those big clear tape discs. I pulled mine off carefully, but they leave tape glue residue on the plastic sleeve. I'm not sure if a solvent can be used to remove it without damaging the plastic. You might want to use a blade and just slice the discs at the edge of the plastic and leave them on.

The patch downloaded in 3 minutes, so it's no big thing. It doesn't look like it installs anything off the disc at all on the ps4.. I wonder if it did, if data load times would decrease?

The pipboy fits out galaxy s3 phones perfectly, but it's frigging huge! It's also a bit heavy, so it feels "real". Since the inner sleeve is foam, it warms up very quickly, so you might want to put some fabric between your arm and it to absorb the sweat.

The poster is weathered, so having it feed in the case is no real biggie.

It comes with a small pipboy manual that mostly serves as setup instructions.

Our second ps4 pipboy edition arrives tomorrow, as this one should have, but no where on the box was there any "deliver on" date.

Damn, this thread got all fanboyish.

Anyways, I'm conflicted. I'm picking up both Fallout and Ris of the Tomb Raider and I don't know if I should get the season pass. My backlog is huge and I don't know when I'll get to the Fallout DLC, should I go with the Gold bundle anyways?
If you think you will play the content in the SP, then go for it. This will be the only way for a while to get the SP discounted (because of GCU).

Any word how the included fallout3 for xb1 preorder is supposed to work? Does it come in an email or bundled in?
I thought it was a digital code they emailed to you. I could be wrong.
Physical copies should have a slip in the case with the code, and digital pre-orders (I think) will result in the code being messaged to you on Xbox Live.

Well I caved and pre-ordered both Fallout 4 and Tomb Raider.

I had gift cards and certs, and ended up paying 50 total for both, plus I will get the 20 bucks back in rewards. 

Best Buy makes it really hard to not want to purchase the games on the day they come out. 

Well I caved and pre-ordered both Fallout 4 and Tomb Raider.

I had gift cards and certs, and ended up paying 50 total for both, plus I will get the 20 bucks back in rewards.

Best Buy makes it really hard to not want to purchase the games on the day they come out.
Screw you, Hubert.

this may have been said previously but i haven't read thru all of this topic. I pre ordered fallout 4 gold bundle the day it was first available, but i already received the points from the game, but i don't see the $10 reward anywhere, is the gold bundle elligible for the $10?

Sometime in the past hour my Juggernog bonus is now showing pending. 1,137 points, hell yeah! Any points added between now and black Friday will be used then. I'm guessing the BB ad will leak this week sometime. Considering I purchased most games day one, I'm not even sure what I'm looking for. Maybe Guitar Hero Live, maybe BB will match target at $60, I'd pay $48 for it. Also looking for the right price(under $20) for Borderlands :ps4:.

this may have been said previously but i haven't read thru all of this topic. I pre ordered fallout 4 gold bundle the day it was first available, but i already received the points from the game, but i don't see the $10 reward anywhere, is the gold bundle elligible for the $10?
game hasn't release yet. the $10 is in the form of certs that can be added to your account up to 15 days after you get the game.

So safe to assume that fallout 3 code is included with all early copies of game?

Since I already ordered and sold my pip boy edition, no real benefit of me preordering again since I won't get double certs. Plus hoping to buy something else in store to hit the $50 mark and get that free speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back