Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Did everyone get their letter from the CEO of Best Buy this morning. I feel special that he took time out of his day to write. That's why he gets the big bucks, I guess.
I got to meet and shake Hubert's hand last year. He was present for my store's PS4 midnight launch. The employees introduced me to him as an Elite Plus loyal customer. 10 minutes later a guy loitering outside of the store offered me an extra $75 to take the PS4 off my hands. Good times lol.

I got to meet and shake Hubert's hand last year. He was present for my store's PS4 midnight launch. The employees introduced me to him as an Elite Plus loyal customer. 10 minutes later a guy loitering outside of the store offered me an extra $75 to take the PS4 off my hands. Good times lol.
Lucky I would have wanted to meet him.

Has anyone played Sunset Overdrive? How do you feel about it?

I got it and was kind of meh about it. I only played 30 minutes before passing out though so I'll give it another shot tonight.

I think it's really good, but it gets a lot better the more you play of it. Once you unlock all of the abilities and get out of that tutorial phase it feels better.

Has anyone played Sunset Overdrive? How do you feel about it?

I got it and was kind of meh about it. I only played 30 minutes before passing out though so I'll give it another shot tonight.
I was wildly bored of this game incredibly incredibly fast.

I have no ideas how it got good reviews. Basically its "grind" in straight lines while shooting, jump on bouncy things, and deal with terrible combat.

I bought it literally just to get the GCU deal, but im trading that shit in so fast. I have till Tuesday to do so, but quite frankly its not fun. Period

I have no ideas how it got good reviews. Basically its "grind" in straight lines while shooting, jump on bouncy things, and deal with terrible combat.

I bought it literally just to get the GCU deal, but im trading that shit in so fast. I have till Tuesday to do so, but quite frankly its not fun. Period
How long did you play for if you dont mind me asking? Combat is solid to me.

probably november 2,
Thank you. I think Im going to miss out on the $10 deal on this one though. I realize I won't be able to get the $120 deal after today of going to the store and the managers said they'll waive the shipping fees to have it delivered to my house, but even they couldn't place an order for it. They told me each store will get 2 copies of the $80 editions outside of the preorders. That editon can't be preordered instore or online anymore so no $10 certificate. Im still going to try and get it though Monday morning since I have certificates and gift cards to burn.

Thank you. I think Im going to miss out on the $10 deal on this one though. I realize I won't be able to get the $120 deal after today of going to the store and the managers said they'll waive the shipping fees to have it delivered to my house, but even they couldn't place an order for it. They told me each store will get 2 copies of the $80 editions outside of the preorders. That editon can't be preordered instore or online anymore so no $10 certificate. Im still going to try and get it though Monday morning since I have certificates and gift cards to burn.
if you want to go through the hassle, of making two separate my bestbuy free gamers account under two different names. you can still qualify for $10 deal for each separate account.

Ok went to BB store during lunch today and did the preorder of Call of Duty Advanced Warfare for the $10 back in rewards.

I also traded in XB1 version Ghosts that I picked up from Target a few weeks back for $2.69 for a BB $20 gift card and $10 coupon to use next week when I pick up Advanced Warfare.

Now the strange part during the trade in she asked me how much I weigh. Is that new for trade ins? ....lol.

So they take drivers license info, thumb prints (some states) and how much you weigh. :p

Ok went to BB store during lunch today and did the preorder of Call of Duty Advanced Warfare for the $10 back in rewards.

I also traded in XB1 version Ghosts that I picked up from Target a few weeks back for $2.69 for a BB $20 gift card and $10 coupon to use next week when I pick up Advanced Warfare.

Now the strange part during the trade in she asked me how much I weigh. Is that new for trade ins? ....lol.

So they take drivers license info, thumb prints (some states) and how much you weigh. :p
some states even take your pictures per pawn laws

My Day Zero edition Call of Duty shipped. UPS hasn't got it in their hands yet, but the label was created. Shipped using "UPS Next Day Air Saver".

Maybe if I'm lucky, this might end up being a Day -1 Edition.  :D/

If I'm even luckier, they'll get me my RZ cert before GTAV is out.

This is exactly how I feel and I'm about an hour in. So far I'm definitely not feeling immersed or impressed by the visuals, the game world, or the gameplay. I'm definitely not going to give up on it yet, but so far I'm disappointed. What concerns me the most is that the traversal and gunplay aren't as fun as the reviews made it sound, and there is something about the controls/button layout that really feels wonky to me.

This is exactly how I feel and I'm about an hour in. So far I'm definitely not feeling immersed or impressed by the visuals, the game world, or the gameplay. I'm definitely not going to give up on it yet, but so far I'm disappointed. What concerns me the most is that the traversal and gunplay aren't as fun as the reviews made it sound, and there is something about the controls/button layout that really feels wonky to me.
I'm a couple hours in and kinda feel the same, but I hear it gets better later on.

What's different about the BB site? Maybe it's not different because I'm on my iPad, which is the only thing I use for my web browsing.

That's lame about SunSet Overdrive. Trying to finish The Evil Within(currently at Chapter 9) before I start it though. Still have Alien that I haven't started yet. Which should I start first, Sunset or Alien? Regardless I'll probably drop whatever I'm playing when FarCry comes out.

Microsoft payola would be my guess. Seems to be an absurd amount of astroturfing going on for the Xbox One and against the PS4. Couple that with the $50 price drop and for the first time probably this year the Xbox is ahead of the PS4 on Amazon's best seller list.

Microsoft payola would be my guess. Seems to be an absurd amount of astroturfing going on for the Xbox One and against the PS4. Couple that with the $50 price drop and for the first time probably this year the Xbox is ahead of the PS4 on Amazon's best seller list.
Dont be silly, there's tons of positive feedback for this game from actual gamers on message boards all over the interwebs. Of course not everyone will enjoy it though like the gentleman above.

Nice fanboy conspiracy theory. You just can't think its a good game huh? Has to be some malicious intent by Microsoft?

The ill will against the PS4 across the web could be due to the crappy update they've released, the still broken state of Drive Club, or just fanboys being fanboys.

Nice fanboy conspiracy theory. You just can't think its a good game huh? Has to be some malicious intent by Microsoft?

The ill will against the PS4 across the web could be due to the crappy update they've released, the still broken state of Drive Club, or just fanboys being fanboys.
I wouldn't call it crappy, shareplay is fantastic. I shareplayed pvz coop with a friend and it worked very well.

I wouldn't call it crappy, shareplay is fantastic. I shareplayed pvz coop with a friend and it worked very well.
I'm speaking more about the fact that it's buggy and a lot of people have reported system crashes with it. I've been reading a lot of complaints in the PS4 forum about, let alone across the other corners of the web.

Share Play does look really interesting (Haven't used it yet).

Not sure if mentioned anywhere but it seems like best buy is releasing advanced warfare at 9pm Sunday for us here on the west coast. I'm in so cal and my best buy called me to let me know I can pick it up on Sunday at 9pm.

Not sure if mentioned anywhere but it seems like best buy is releasing advanced warfare at 9pm Sunday for us here on the west coast. I'm in so cal and my best buy called me to let me know I can pick it up on Sunday at 9pm.
Activision is allowing the early release schedule.

Pacific Time Zone (PT) – 9:01 P.M. on Sunday, November 2

Mountain Time Zone (MT) – 10:01 P.M. on Sunday, November 2
Central Time Zone (CT) – 11:01 P.M. on Sunday, November 2
Eastern Time Zone (ET) – 12:01 A.M. on Monday, November 3
Midnight Launch Events for the games below:

• Halo Master Chief Collection
  • Assassin's Creed Unity/Rogue
  • Far Cry 4
  • GTA V

I swear every store in my area is opening except the one I pre ordered at. The community it's in doesn't let them.

So has anyone requested a pm on Forza Horizons 2 yet in the BB forums. Are we allowed to request them there again now the policy has been changed to allow pm for GCU ?

So has anyone requested a pm on Forza Horizons 2 yet in the BB forums. Are we allowed to request them there again now the policy has been changed to allow pm for GCU ?
I requested a pm last night on the forums but haven't heard back yet, will post the response once I get it.

I believe they said you werent suppose to request PM's on the forum and to call or go instore depending on how you purchased.
yea they did say that. And honestly all the people requesting pm on the forum last time is what I think caused them to attempt to not allow post pm with GCU. So hopefully everyone dont do that again and cause problems again

How long do they usually process the bonus points for preordering games? I noticed that they processed my Sunset Overdrive order already but I didn't get the 500 bonus on it.

What's different about the BB site? Maybe it's not different because I'm on my iPad, which is the only thing I use for my web browsing.

That's lame about SunSet Overdrive. Trying to finish The Evil Within(currently at Chapter 9) before I start it though. Still have Alien that I haven't started yet. Which should I start first, Sunset or Alien? Regardless I'll probably drop whatever I'm playing when FarCry comes out.
if you just want to rush through things, and trade them in, sunset overdrive will be easier to plow through, compare to alien isolation

How long do they usually process the bonus points for preordering games? I noticed that they processed my Sunset Overdrive order already but I didn't get the 500 bonus on it.
It takes up to 25 days after you pick up the preorder, and the bonus points will appear later on despite the order already appearing to be "processed", so give it time.

"A credit in the amount of $10.49 has been applied to the order you placed on October 10, 2014. You are receiving this credit because of a price difference. "

Forza Horizon 2 PM on forums with GCU not a problem.

Well look like im be playing COD:AW All weekend long lol due to the surprise in the spoiler that came with my sunset Overdrive Game that was finally delivered today. 

zkTWBmZ.jpg

Well look like im be playing COD:AW All weekend long lol due to the surprise in the spoiler that came with my sunset Overdrive Game that was finally delivered today.

zkTWBmZ.jpg
Can you actually install it? someone mentioned that their Xbox One disc was protected from early installation, since it must phone home during the install

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back