Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question, I would like to switch my GTA 5 pre-order to the ps4 version. Can I do this instore without nullifying the $10 certificate bonus?

I have a question, I would like to switch my GTA 5 pre-order to the ps4 version. Can I do this instore without nullifying the $10 certificate bonus?
I'd go through with the purchase, then try to exchange it. You'd probably be fine though.

I've had them return and rebuy to fix errors on not giving discounts or so I can use reward certs, never had issues getting my 10. Worst case you post on BB forum and they help you out.

Still curious to how I get the preorder bonus money. Haven't gotten an email yet

I'd go through with the purchase, then try to exchange it. You'd probably be fine though.

I've had them return and rebuy to fix errors on not giving discounts or so I can use reward certs, never had issues getting my 10. Worst case you post on BB forum and they help you out.

Still curious to how I get the preorder bonus money. Haven't gotten an email yet
Do you think maybe we have to wait a couple days for the email?

Do you think maybe we have to wait a couple days for the email?
there no email cause it not a best buy dlc that why it didn't appear in the shopping cart along with the game on orders when placed like other pre order dlc have. It a rockstar pre order promo and a voucher in the game but it seem rockstar goofed up there selfs

there no email cause it not a best buy dlc that why it didn't appear in the shopping cart along with the game on orders when placed like other pre order dlc have. It a rockstar pre order promo and a voucher in the game but it seem rockstar goofed up there selfs
In the games pause menu, goto the store and see if it's available to download. It was for me, digitally.

So you're saying you got it in an email but had to have best buy add it onto your order when you picked it up? I was just on Rockatars Twitter and they said it is a code in the game box...
Yea I went to the store to pickup my in-store preorder. The clerk asked me if I wanted to add some bonus onto the game. I said sure go ahead and see if the computer zeros it out. It did and after the transaction was complete I got an email with a code that allowed me to download the million dollar bonus. I opened the game and there was nothing in the case. I haven't gotten a chance to get home yet and see if I could also download it from the store but I 100% got an email containing the code. Its on my receipt as well as the million dollar bonus.

Now that I recall, the employee did ask if I wanted some Shark Cash. I politely said no because I thought they were going to be charging extra or something for it. fuck!

Now that I recall, the employee did ask if I wanted some Shark Cash. I politely said no because I thought they were going to be charging extra or something for it. fuck!
That is extra DLC. Employee asked me for that as well, I declined, and my bonus $1 million code was on my receipt and e-mailed to me instantly.

Man I hate when girls in they're 20s are at the desk cause it seems like they're just trying to get rid of us and don't even make eye contact. she probably saw the bonus but didn't even ask

I think I will. While I'm at it ill demand $10 each for dragon age and lbp 3. Three people in store ensured me they were on the list for this promo. Two of them were even employees!
yeah I think your forum icon is pretty indicative of the people these statements really come from

Well that's stupid. Just picked up my phrsical copy and cashore was new and didn't know what she was doing. That's disappointing. What's the chances of the Unboxed guys helping out? Didn't get anything for FarCry or WWE either.

Well that's stupid. Just picked up my phrsical copy and cashore was new and didn't know what she was doing. That's disappointing. What's the chances of the Unboxed guys helping out? Didn't get anything for FarCry or WWE either.

Supposedly we have to wait 48 hours for codes to be emailed before telling them

So I picked up my Halo:MCC the other day and the cashier and manager had to post-void the transaction at least twice because they couldn't get the combination of the coupon i was using for another item and the pre-order deposit and GCU to work properly I guess.  Due to their meddling I ended up with 3x codes for the skull in my email, but I haven't seen anything about my $10 cert for the game yet? I think this may be one of the first pre-order cert games I've purchased since getting GCU - does it take over a week for these to show up or did the void-crazy employees possibly cause an issue that I'll have to contact BB about?

So I picked up my Halo:MCC the other day and the cashier and manager had to post-void the transaction at least twice because they couldn't get the combination of the coupon i was using for another item and the pre-order deposit and GCU to work properly I guess. Due to their meddling I ended up with 3x codes for the skull in my email, but I haven't seen anything about my $10 cert for the game yet? I think this may be one of the first pre-order cert games I've purchased since getting GCU - does it take over a week for these to show up or did the void-crazy employees possibly cause an issue that I'll have to contact BB about?
Wait 15 days. Then if its not there, then contact them

Just got 3 DLC emails from BB, WWE, FarCry, and GTA. So I got the extra money once from the digital version, do you think if I enter the second code I could get it twice?

just got my GTA DLC email. i picked up the game around 10ish, did an instore pickup from an online preorder, so you should all get one soon

I picked up my preorders for GTA5 and Far Cry 4 and got the email DLC codes for both within 30 minutes.  This is for online pre-order, in store pickup.  Not sure what happens for people who pre-ordered in store.  At the least you should make sure your GCU/BB account has your email address, and that when you pay your reward zone info is loaded.

I also picked up LBP3 PS4 in store, they have two versions: regular one and a bigger box with the 6" plushy doll, same price.  They only had 3 or 4 of the second one that the girl was still putting up on shelves, she just handed me one when I asked about LBP3 and said it was so cute (she meant me of course).  So if you really want a plushie I'd head to the store ASAP and grab that version before they sell out and all thats left are normal copies.  It cost $43+tax after GCU & 10% movers.

I picked up my preorders for GTA5 and Far Cry 4 and got the email DLC codes for both within 30 minutes. This is for online pre-order, in store pickup. Not sure what happens for people who pre-ordered in store. At the least you should make sure your GCU/BB account has your email address, and that when you pay your reward zone info is loaded.

I also picked up LBP3 PS4 in store, they have two versions: regular one and a bigger box with the 6" plushy doll, same price. They only had 3 or 4 of the second one that the girl was still putting up on shelves, she just handed me one when I asked about LBP3 and said it was so cute (she meant me of course). So if you really want a plushie I'd head to the store ASAP and grab that version before they sell out and all thats left are normal copies. It cost $43+tax after GCU & 10% movers.
Wait, I thought mover's 10% off and GCU together didn't work on pre-orders -_-

They do if you do it in store (pre order in store) but not online.  Thats why I didn't preorder LBP3, it doesn't come with a $10 preorder bonus i just picked it up off the shelves and checked out normally.  I picked up GTA5 & FC4 at the customer service area seperately.

The new movers coupons also only apply to one item so you have to checkout seperately if you wanna use more than 1 (kinda bad idea since cashier will get nervous).

But am an Elite Plus member and I always get the points that same week the game come out? Am thinking the problem was I price matched the collector edition and the lady who did it didn't input the information correct on my account.
Being elite plus has nothing to do with points clearing. Wait 15 days and then call if there is an issue. Next time read the OP and wait.
Elite Plus members always act snooty and think that they're above and beyond everyone and don't have to wait just like the rest of us.

Last edited:
Still no GTA code for me yet. Such a bummer.

Anyone else having issues transferring characters in GTA? I can go to Rockstars page and clearly see both my 360 and X1 stats, yet it tells me no previous GTA online data is associated with my account.

Edit...found out they are having issues. Suppose to be fixed tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have my preorder bonus then

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back