Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me or are points taking an extremely long time before they post to accounts? Normally base points would post within a week, yet I still have a ton from Elite Early Access day that are still pending.

Thanks but what I mean is it's taking longer then usual. It has never taken longer then 1 week for me to get my points posted to my account. I understand it can take up to 15 days. Just seems like it's taking longer the normal now. My points from a 11/18 purchase literally just posted yesterday, but I've had my bonus Certs for FarCry & GTA for two weeks already.
[attachment=10385:image.jpg]

After doing the math, after my recent purchases clear, I'll be at $3400 spent this year. Looks like someone will be getting a $100 gift from BB for Christmas. Lol. Never thought I'd ever hit ElitePlus especially considering I just hit Elite in Nov. During Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday I spent entirely too much money. Damn you BB! I love you but my Wife and Wallet aren't happy with you!
it doesnt have to be $100 if you wanna be a nice secret santa and send me some psn or xbox or steam credit. :)

But what about in this case?

[attachment=10387:bbygta5.png]

The transaction cleared a few days ago and no bonus, but you can see the preorder as the item directly below.

So I still haven't got my bonus points from Dragon Age Inquisition. It has been 19 days since it shipped for me so I definitely should have them. They have been "researching the issue" since Monday and still haven't given me my points. Starting to get really annoyed.

So I still haven't got my bonus points from Dragon Age Inquisition. It has been 19 days since it shipped for me so I definitely should have them. They have been "researching the issue" since Monday and still haven't given me my points. Starting to get really annoyed.
I assume you are talking about the regular bonus points, because dragon age was not apart of pre order bonus program.

Thanks! Just came back to edit my post as I figured it out. The breakup of sunset through me off.

I'm talking about price matching, not rebuy/return.

(for those of us that got the $10 cert, returning it would nuke that afaik)
I believe you can still PM if it's being sold at Best Buy for lower under the holiday return.

• If we lower our price during the return and exchange period, we will match our lower price, upon request.

I believe you can still PM if it's being sold at Best Buy for lower under the holiday return.

• If we lower our price during the return and exchange period, we will match our lower price, upon request.
But if you prerodered it and picked it up before Nov. 1st you won't qualify for the holiday return period.

Pretty sure it's for purchases after 11/1

and where did you find that at? I was at best buy today trying to price match the b2g1 promo and asked about a price match. I didn't mention it was there own price, maybe they thought I ment a price match at anther store.........

I can only price match once, right? I already price matched sunset overdrive when they had it for $49.99

Also, I just got my Elite Plus membership confirmation today. First time!

If any of you guys have success getting BB to adjust any of the November releases for the B2G1 this week please post. Want to try it but not near a BB and don't want to lose my certs...

If any of you guys have success getting BB to adjust any of the November telesses for the B2G1 this week please post. Want to try it but not near a BB and don't want to lose my certs...
It would be nice, but VERY YMMV:

Our Price Match Guarantee does not cover:

• The online prices of retailers not listed.
  • Contract mobile phones sold by any online retailer.
  • Products shipped from or sold by third-party sellers (Marketplace sellers) on websites.
  • Competitors' service prices, Best Buy For Business transactions and BestBuy.com Clearance & More and Marketplace items.
  • Any financing offers, bundle offers, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, coupon offers, items that are advertised as limited quantity, out of stock items, clearance items, open-box items, refurbished items, pre-owned items, deal of the day, daily deals, special hour sale event items, credit card offers, gift card offers, rent/lease to own items, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving, whether offered by Best Buy or a competitor.

I mean, if you do lose your certificates, can't you just PM a BB forum mod and say you were doing an adjustment on it and that happened? And they can correct it? 

Or nah

Considering I still haven't received my GTA 5 bonus, I may just return/rebuy that along with Halo (and risk losing the cert) and get the free game.  A free $60 ($48) game is the better value anyhow than $20 in certs.  Now where did I put those receipts?

Just saw, wow I didn't know the 1mil online money was a code thing.  Thought it was maybe something it would give me as soon as I booted up the MP, which I haven't done yet.  In my transaction it doesnt show the 1mil, did give me the 500 points though. Strange.  

Considering I still haven't received my GTA 5 bonus, I may just return/rebuy that along with Halo (and risk losing the cert) and get the free game. A free $60 ($48) game is the better value anyhow than $20 in certs. Now where did I put those receipts?
If you bought using your RZ (obv you did), they can look it up in store no receipt required

Bleh, found my SSO receipt and remembered that I only paid $40 in the first place because the guy manually did the mover coupon and somehow made it $8 off.

Not worth the hassle for another $8 off.

I brought in my MCC and ACU receipt and my FC4 and GTA V receipt and got DAI and Lego Batman 3 free. They told me it would take away my rewards but it is still worth it, plus I'm not sure it will.

I brought in my MCC and ACU receipt and my FC4 and GTA V receipt and got DAI and Lego Batman 3 free. They told me it would take away my rewards but it is still worth it, plus I'm not sure it will.
what does your new receipt say--does it say 'exchange' or something?

Edit:

Also, did you bring in the games?

I can only price match once, right? I already price matched sunset overdrive when best buy had it for $49.99. Does the number of price matches on one item depend if I am matching best buy or a competitor? This would be matching best buy a 2nd time for sunset overdrive

Best Buy will only do a price adjustment once. If you return the game with the original receipt, you'll lose you're $10 worth of points. The only way to get around that is with a price adjustment, which again may not work since you've already done it once.

None of us have had success yet not losing the certificate with a return/rebuy, that's something I have to wait and see a couple of days whether I get my points deducted or not.
I can confirm that i was able to do a price adjustment and not be affected. I actually used my points on an online order yesterday that I cancelled. I went in store and did the price adjustment from my GTA V/LBP3 to get ACU free. I was concerned that I wouldnt be refunded the points I had used, but they are back on my account, ready to be used. I think as long as the employee is doing a price adjustment (my reciept does say Exchange), you are fine. If they do a return and rebuy as two seperate transactions, then you are screwed

I was able to get a third game for free today buy adjusting.  Sucks Wii U games aren't included, else i would have picked up Smash Bros.  Farcry will have to suffice.

Interestingly, my 500 bonus points from GTA just posted.  

I was able to get a third game for free today buy adjusting. Sucks Wii U games aren't included, else i would have picked up Smash Bros. Farcry will have to suffice.

Interestingly, my 500 bonus points from GTA just posted.
Why not trade someone FC for Smash?

darn it , I price adjusted Sunday morning and I look at my account , negative points. I guess I need to call someone now, I think I asked about 5 times if the points would get reversed. 

darn it , I price adjusted Sunday morning and I look at my account , negative points. I guess I need to call someone now, I think I asked about 5 times if the points would get reversed.
The points do adjust for your payment. Since you are paying less you are given less points. The only thing that shouldn't be touched is the pre-order bonus.

The points do adjust for your payment. Since you are paying less you are given less points. The only thing that shouldn't be touched is the pre-order bonus.
In that case I paid using a gift card , before the price adjustment I was 10 points away from another 5 dollar certificate. As i look at it now , its nearly 575 points in the hole. I'm pretty sure the pre order bonus got nuked.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I was able to price adjust the B2G1 for my pre-orders at the end of last month.  Called the elite number and told them I'd like to price adjust.  I bought Far Cry, GTA, and Assassin's Creed and she just had me give them one of the order numbers and zeroed it out as a price adjustment.  She asked if this was the lowest price game and I told her they were all $47.99 pre tax and she also asked to make sure it wasn't during BF/Cyber Monday week, but those were the only questions.  She didn't even ask for the other two order numbers.

Two things I'm still unsure of:

Will I get the $10 reward cert for Far Cry? (If I don't, I really don't care)

Will they ship you a 3rd game if you only bought 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back