Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I know its not at all on the website anymore but I should still get $20 for GCU right?
Assuming you're still a GCU member by the time you pick up the game(s) and you were logged in to BBY.com when you placed the order, yeah, you should. Also--you probably know this already--it's only a single $20 in RZ certificates, just as an FYI.

You can even go so far as to add the SE and regular edition, remove the SE version and still get to the last page of checkout with a $0.00 copy of GTA 5.

BBY has a glitch in their system where it adds $13.99 shipping if you choose Expedited shipping eventhough you're RZ Silver. You could change it to Standard or call to have the shipping charge reverse.

So umm... if you add any two games to your cart and one is GTA V (Regular Edition), it zero outs GTA V.

Edit: Just add GTA V to your cart and it shows up FREE.

I placed and order for the SE on Xbox and a regular for PS3.  Not going to cancel my previous order yet until it looks like these are going through.  Played around a bit afterwards and seems like they caught on to the lone free GTAV as it charges you in full if you try to complete the order.  Those orders are the ones that probably set of the red flags in the system.

I placed and order for the SE on Xbox and a regular for PS3. Not going to cancel my previous order yet until it looks like these are going through. Played around a bit afterwards and seems like they caught on to the free GTAV as it charges you in full if you try to complete the order. Those orders are the ones that probably set of the red flags in the system.
now to see if they cancel or not.

I placed and order for the SE on Xbox and a regular for PS3. Not going to cancel my previous order yet until it looks like these are going through. Played around a bit afterwards and seems like they caught on to the lone free GTAV as it charges you in full if you try to complete the order. Those orders are the ones that probably set of the red flags in the system.
mine went through, $0 this was 25min ago.

Looks to be dead since you can't preorder either version now. 

I ask myself why I continue to play with the broken preorder system.  I bought Splinter Cell last week.  My non-game purchase from Saturday has posted to my reward zone... my Splinter Cell from Tuesday did not.  Looks like I will have to screw with customer support again.  This time it will be a pain since I am suppose to get $20 and the website now shows $10...

BBY has a glitch in their system where it adds $13.99 shipping if you choose Expedited shipping eventhough you're RZ Silver. You could change it to Standard or call to have the shipping charge reverse.
I almost think that having that charge there would increase the likelihood of the order being fulfilled, since $13.99 is less suspicious than $0.00...right?

[quote name="YBX87" post="11011393" timestamp="1377445455"]
but wasn't tank tank tank game fulfilled, even thought it was $0.00. lol[/quote]
That was with a coupon with best buy pricing.. Doubt the same will apply here,because it was supposed to be b1g1. But if y'all get it more power to you I did b1g1 incase it gets canceled. I had rewards credit so I paid 40 for 2, with the guaranteed 45 dollar trade in there's some money to be made.

Guys/Gals, is it possible to change an item from being shipped to instore pickup? I placed an order this morning *cough gta cough* and instore pickup wasn't an option. Im more than positive, if it stays shipped ( also if It actually goes through) I won't get the game till the 20th and I don't want that.

Guys/Gals, is it possible to change an item from being shipped to instore pickup? I placed an order this morning *cough gta cough* and instore pickup wasn't an option. Im more than positive, if it stays shipped ( also if It actually goes through) I won't get the game till the 20th and I don't want that.
you could try by calling customer service, but that may make you want to jump off a tall building. if you've gotta have it day one, buy a copy and return the mailed copy on the instore receipt.

I can't see the list of games to choose 2 copies of GTA 5! Please help! How do I do this?

I added 2 copies to cart and went to checkout and that method didn't work either! Help!

I re-tried in both ie and firefox. Can't get it to work. Help, please?

I can't see the list of games to choose 2 copies of GTA 5! Please help! How do I do this?
I added 2 copies to cart and went to checkout and that method didn't work either! Help!

deal is dead.

same for me, I even tried adding a legit game like RDR and it didn't work. Looks like the "deal" is dead. They're probably fixing it now.

Edit:I just wonder when it died? What's the latest you all got in?

Tempted to pre-order Madden for the $10 cert, try to get them to price match the $10 gift card and free guide from Toys R Us and then trade it in after a couple days for $45 minimum. 

I pre-ordered Madden last night for the 360.  With all the trade in values for it and trading up to the XBOX ONE version, I said why not.  The $10 bonus will be nice...maybe I can sell the ultimate team on EBAY or something.

Was gonna preorder Madden online today, but looks like you can't for in-store pickup now. Any ideas if they'll adjust it later, or is it locked for pre-orders? I remember preordering Madden last year right at midnight.

Was gonna preorder Madden online today, but looks like you can't for in-store pickup now. Any ideas if they'll adjust it later, or is it locked for pre-orders? I remember preordering Madden last year right at midnight.
Are all stores around you showing as unavailable for pickup?

I have not pre order my copy of GTA yet and was wondering if i still get the 20 Reward zone certificate for being GCU member or am i stuck with the 10 dollar reward zone certificate??  thanks a bunch guys

I have not pre order my copy of GTA yet and was wondering if i still get the 20 Reward zone certificate for being GCU member or am i stuck with the 10 dollar reward zone certificate?? thanks a bunch guys

if unlocked you get $20 for GTA.

So we no longer have $20 credit for unlocked members (unless they were already unlocked members before the change). And when we renew our subs we (and everyone else) will only get $10 credit from now on.

Well if that's the case than I won't be renewing my unlocked membership. I can easily get $10 off new game pre-orders from Amazon, NewEgg or even Gamestop w/ the right trade in / promotional deals.

I join back in June and so far I haven't gotten any coupons (not sure if they still give them out monthly since I don't get emails from @Gamer anymore), deals have been sub par, and the $20 was for far too little games. Sorry BB, you had a good run, and still some great deals, but no more @Gamer Unlocked for me.

As someone whose closest BB is almost an hour away, I really wish they had a reasonably priced release date delivery option for shipping on games.

As someone whose closest BB is almost an hour away, I really wish they had a reasonably priced release date delivery option for shipping on games.

GTA V was free standard for me. I usually get it on release.

Not risking that, I put GTA V for in store months ago. Worth the trip for that game. Still waiting on Madden though that I preordered weeks ago.

The following pre-order bonuses have been added into the OP.

• fo_avatar.gif

Free T-Shirt for Your Avatar with Call of Duty: Ghosts Pre-Order

Receive an exclusive Call of Duty: Ghosts-themed T-shirt for your avatar when you pre-order the game.

Bonus download code will arrive via e-mail 24–72 hours after pre-order. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
  • fo_tshirt.gif

Exclusive Call of Duty: Ghosts T-Shirt

Be one of the first to pick up your pre-order at our midnight store opening and you may receive an exclusive Call of Duty: Ghosts-themed T-shirt. While supplies last. Minimum 15 per store.
  • RKERCll.png

Best Buy will also be doing a midnight launch for GTA V. List of stores here.

Exclusive Call of Duty: Ghosts T-Shirt
  • Be one of the first to pick up your pre-order at our midnight store opening and you may receive an exclusive Call of Duty: Ghosts-themed T-shirt. While supplies last. Minimum 15 per store.
Thanks for the update! Min of 15 t-shirts per store -- guess I better get there early! :)

(Not a great looking shirt, but can't complain about a free shirt for wearing around the house.)

A little late to this, but I'm just a bit confused. If I was to preorder GTA V Special Edition from Best Buy as a GCU member right now, would I get the $20 certificate or $10 one? I read the FAQ in the OP, but I'm not sure if that means prior to the change or not since I have not preordered it yet and don't see the promotion listed anymore. Sorry for asking what may be a dumb question.

A little late to this, but I'm just a bit confused. If I was to preorder GTA V Special Edition from Best Buy as a GCU member right now, would I get the $20 certificate or $10 one? I read the FAQ in the OP, but I'm not sure if that means prior to the change or not since I have not preordered it yet and don't see the promotion listed anymore. Sorry for asking what may be a dumb question.
You would still qualify, original $20 RZ Cert. promo is still active. Best Buy just chose to not extend it with additional titles.

If I made a pre-order online for shipping to my house can I change it so can pick it up at the store by calling customer service??? Or do I need to cancel that order and make a new one?

If I made a pre-order online for shipping to my house can I change it so can pick it up at the store by calling customer service??? Or do I need to cancel that order and make a new one?
you have to call within an hour, after placing online order. That is what their official policy says, some people were able to have to have customer service change their order to store pickup, as long as the order has not been ship yet.

you have to call within an hour, after placing online order. That is what their official policy says, some people were able to have to have customer service change their order to store pickup, as long as the order has not been ship yet.
Okay thanks for the info.

So I think the plan is to pre-order a gta special edition at BB also, already got one at gamestop paid off and just returnBB to gamestop when it arrives.

Since im still a GCU member, 20 cert is way better than a stupid blimp. Games hopefully dont have different skus....

So I think the plan is to pre-order a gta special edition at BB also, already got one at gamestop paid off and just returnBB to gamestop when it arrives.

Since im still a GCU member, 20 cert is way better than a stupid blimp. Games hopefully dont have different skus....
sold out, but good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back