Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
i"m on the fence with Evil Within. whats everyone's impression of the game right now. from the videos floating around, i thought gameplay was decent. however, i don't wan't to be left holding the bag ala destiny (ltd edition). played and like RE1,2,3,4 back in the ps/2 days but hated re5/6.

really want to pull the trigger on this b4 the $10 GC goes away. i'm GCU.   

Alright those having problems with the GCU not being applied and the 10 gift card charging you $10 instead of being free. Delete your browser history and cookies. Then sign back into the best buy website and it should be working.

i"m on the fence with Evil Within. whats everyone's impression of the game right now. from the videos floating around, i thought gameplay was decent. however, i don't wan't to be left holding the bag ala destiny (ltd edition). played and like RE1,2,3,4 back in the ps/2 days but hated re5/6.

The game looks good to me from the previews I've seen, nothing gamechaging of course, but I think it could be a sleeper hit. Even if you dont like it you can probably recoup all your money back by trading it in.

all the gameplay video i saw, it looks like res 5/6

thx, i might just skip it, esp with fc4, acu, da;i and gta5. just not enough time to enjoy and carry on w/ a normal life. 

Alright those having problems with the GCU not being applied and the 10 gift card charging you $10 instead of being free. Delete your browser history and cookies. Then sign back into the best buy website and it should be working.
Or you can use your browsers private browsing like Chrome's Incognito mode if you don't want to delete all your history and cookies.

got my credit for destiny as well this morning. now to figure out what games im buying on release and which ones wait until black friday
Buying soley on BF may result in you actually paying considerably more.

Say best case every game is $29.99 on BF($24.99 w/GCU) & usually the the TIV`s hold longer during the holidays.

So you pay $48 w/$10 credit & trade in for $40-$44 if time allows it use the $10 cert & gc to rebuy during BF making the $25 drop to $15. If you`re Elite/elite plus chances are extremely high that every game release from Mid Oct on will see a $39.99($32.99 w/GCU) BB sale price in 30-45 days(even longer if you p/u your games on the Sat. of release week).

Not factoring in tax/paying using Mybb certs/BB gc`s outside of the $10 bonus
So the $48 OOP drops to $32 & that was traded in for $40-$44 you`re +$8-$12. Use that $8-$12 & the $10 cert on the $25 BF price each game cost under $10.

Even if BB doesn`t have the best BF price rebuying @ BB via competitor non pm, then using the gc/$10 cert off that price still results in the best OOP deal per game. All those purchase pad elite/elite plus spending & the certs earned will be posted by the time the 2015 $10 games release.

Last yrs extended holiday return period started on Nov 2nd or 3rd & ended at the end of Jan. so pretty much ~90 days to return/rebuy starting in Nov. Very few if any title will not see a sale in a 3 month time period across all retailers.

Do some flips to stack $250-$500 in BB gc`s(YMMV on converting that into a form of payment that earns Mybb pts) use that on every purchase & you shouldn`t pay another cent OOP until this time next yr. Even longer if you play it right a 2 GCU sub & that money could.last longer than 2 yrs while you grow a backlog in the process.

translation from enuf-speak to english: buy new games now for $48 - $10 preorder RZ and trade in for $40 and you also get some extra points for purchase etc, or buy later on sale but trade in values will be a lot lower than what you paid.  sometimes you'll be able to PM a cheaper price within 45 days and save even more

Not specifically related to RC, but the new pre-order offer for Forza Horizon 2 ($10 Xbox Live Code and BMW in-game code):

Has anyone inquired if the deal is retro-active to pre-orders made in-store, or will I have to make a new pre-order?  I had a pre-order in-store, but prior to the deal being posted on their site.  Thanks!

translation from enuf-speak to english: buy new games now for $48 - $10 preorder RZ and trade in for $40 and you also get some extra points for purchase etc, or buy later on sale but trade in values will be a lot lower than what you paid. sometimes you'll be able to PM a cheaper price within 45 days and save even more
Nicely done. At first glance, I interpreted OOP as "Out of Print", then realized he meant "Out of Pocket".

Ugh, my Destiny points are still pending.  I'd like to pre-order Shadow of Mordor with them.  Oh well, still got a few more days.  I think reviews come out tomorrow anyway so maybe I won't want to be pre-ordering after I read those.

Anyone get their FIFA pre-order bonus DLC yet? Think it was $15 FUT.
Haven't gotten mine yet. Got my Madden code 30 minutes after I picked it up - nothing yet for Fifa.

I called and asked about it, I was told to give it up to 48 hours. If it doesn't show up, call back. Pretty annoying really, the code should just print out on the receipt when I pick the game up.

Not specifically related to RC, but the new pre-order offer for Forza Horizon 2 ($10 Xbox Live Code and BMW in-game code):

Has anyone inquired if the deal is retro-active to pre-orders made in-store, or will I have to make a new pre-order? I had a pre-order in-store, but prior to the deal being posted on their site. Thanks!
I think you should be good. I ordered mine last week and there is no actual indication of the deal on my order, just the text that it'll be emailed to me on the deal page. Idk why they're doing it like the $10 certificate where you don't know you're getting it until after. They should have it like an actual gift card, or even the preorder bonus, where it shows in the cart. I preordered madden in store and got the codes on my receipt, possibly emailed but i can't remember. I think the $10 might be like that for in store preorders

They're having a bunch of problems with missing FIFA UT pre-order codes if you look on the community forum. Receipts printed without the code & the codes were never sent - there's a few threads about it & a rep dealing with it. I got a replacement code myself & it was already used :whistle2:

And no 500 points pending on the reward zone site either. 

Hopefully get a response on both issues today.

They're having a bunch of problems with missing FIFA UT pre-order codes if you look on the community forum. Receipts printed without the code & the codes were never sent - there's a few threads about it & a rep dealing with it. I got a replacement code myself & it was already used :whistle2:/

And no 500 points pending on the reward zone site either.

Hopefully get a response on both issues today.
Yea I just checked and nothing pending no codes....

I fully endorse tearsintherain or anyone else who will concisely summarize the walls of text that enuf posts.

Looking forward to some reviews on Shadow of Mordor tomorrow. I am on the fence for that game and Destiny has been taking up all of my time.

Does anyone know if the one per order applies across all systems? For example, would I get two award certificates for pre-ordering NBA2k15 on PC and PS4 or just one?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the one per order applies across all systems? For example, would I get two award certificates for pre-ordering NBA2k15 on PC and PS4 or just one?
It's only 1 certificate across all systems.

In other news Shadows of Mordor reviews go live tonight at midnight and then I'll be deciding to preorder or not.

Forza Horizon 2 is the first game I'm preordering from BB. How do they handle the preorder bonuses? Do they go the GameStop route and print it on the receipt? When do you get the preorder codes?

Forza Horizon 2 is the first game I'm preordering from BB. How do they handle the preorder bonuses? Do they go the GameStop route and print it on the receipt? When do you get the preorder codes?
In-store: prints out on the receipt when you pick up.

Online: emails you soon after you pick up your order.

I fully endorse tearsintherain or anyone else who will concisely summarize the walls of text that enuf posts.

Looking forward to some reviews on Shadow of Mordor tomorrow. I am on the fence for that game and Destiny has been taking up all of my time.
reviews avail at 9pm pst.

translation from enuf-speak to english: buy new games now for $48 - $10 preorder RZ and trade in for $40 and you also get some extra points for purchase etc, or buy later on sale but trade in values will be a lot lower than what you paid. sometimes you'll be able to PM a cheaper price within 45 days and save even more
That applies all yr round and doesn`t include the trying to make most of your keeper purchases on BF

1- 45 days only applies to Elite plus members, 90 days > 45 days and if the hints given pan out post purchase competitor may also be in play
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/IdeaX/article-id/5899?device-view=desktop

2- By making all your purchases on the Sat of release you gain enough days that 3 weekly ads will be live for pm`ing vs 2 weekly ads

You gave them the bone I gave them the meat

Keep in mind although we're familiar w/GCU but with them offering free subs there`s tons of newbies that have no knowledge of how it works.

So Shadow of Mordor shipped today. On the MyBestBuy site, it tells me that my pending points will be available on or around Sept 25(which is today). That's be crazy if I got my $10 cert before I received the game.

Shadow of mordor review is up on ign they gave it a 9.3 . I already planned on getting it , but for those of you were on the fence ... and don't think ign reviews are paid off.

Reviews for LOTR is confusing as fuck. IGN is a 9.3, Dtoid gives it a 6. Hopefully it's not one of those games like Dynasty Warriors where ratings vary base on preference.

Going to preorder Shadows of Mordor now but I'll probably get it digitally on Xbox One.

Review Scores:

Gamespot 8/10

IGN 9.3/10

Eurogamer 8/10

Kotaku YES PLAY IT

EGM 8.5/10

Polygon 9.5/10

Joystiq 5/5

Shadow or mordor review is up on ign they gave it a 9.3 . I already planned on getting it but for those of you who are the on the fence ... and don't think ign reviews are paid off.
i believe the reviews are based on ps4/xbox one version, who knows how the ps3/ xbox 360 perform.

also the game is short

i guess for lotr fans, this is a must buy from all the positive reviews

I was not expecting scores that high. My expectations are definitely higher now and definitely getting it with the $10 cert.
it is basically mix of arkham city/assasins creed in terms of gameplaying mechanics from the ign review, with the added lotr lore theme

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]As much as I want FH2, I think I'll wait for a possible sale on BF. I'm going to go with just Shadow of Mordor on 9/30 since the reviews are off the chain, the value should stay high. Plus I'm not really interested in the $10 XBL code for Forza. [/SIZE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back