Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It's 12:01PT, that's what it was with Forza Horizon 2. So it would be 3:01ET.
Forza was 12:01 ET:

Game Description:To pre-order this game please select one of the pre-order editions from the Xbox Store. XBOX ONE GAME EXPECTED TO RELEASE ON 9/30/2014. YOU MAY DOWNLOAD THE GAME FROM XBOX LIVE BEFORE THEN, BUT IT WILL NOT BE PLAYABLE UNTIL 12:01 AM EDT ON THE RELEASE DATE.

Im getting the MCC collection digitally, I know I'll never trade it and its a game I want to be able to hop into easily. I also came into a lot of XBL credit so its a no brainer really.

I wanted to go digital when the next gen came out... but neogaf (12-year old kids) flame Xbox One cause it to change their ways of sharing games.
It wasn't just neogaf, everyone flamed MS for that lol

Note for the Microsoft Store's promotion you'll get $15 in Xbox Credit when you preorder any game that comes out before the end of the year, maximum of three games total. Most of the games they have up are currently offering $10 Xbox Gift Cards with purchase so this is $5 more than they usually offer.

This isn't a bad deal on games that Best Buy doesn't offer certificates with, or even ones that they do since the Microsoft Store offers free release day shipping. Additionally the $15 Credit is a great deal on games that are like $40/$30 on their website.

(20% From GCU Plus the $10 Certificate would be $22 off. Versus $15 From the Microsoft Store, and free release day shipping).

(Edit) It's also worth noting the Microsoft Store is offering some additional physical items with purchase of the Master Chief Collection. Including a exclusive License Plate Frame, and some Halo Window Decals alongside the "Boom" Skull which doubles explosion radius's in Halo 2.

I cannot get to my cart withing receiving this error

We apologize. We're experiencing a technical problem.

Please clear your cart session and try adding your items again

EDIT: signed off, and deleted the history, its working again
yea I was clearing cookies with ccleaner, tried different browsers, different computers and it kept happening.

Deleted evil within from my cart, signed off the best buy site, cleared history within chrome and then signed back in and the order went right threw! I really didn't want to goto the store today just to preorder and have to go back out there tomorrow to pick it up! Thanks, saved me a trip!!

Keep in mind all the other stuff, BB has exclusive DLC for both of those games and Sunset comes with a koozie and Halo comes with a map guide for apparently every multiplayer map included in the collection.

For people who don't care about physical stuff and don't use credit at BB though that Microsoft Store offer is still a good deal though.
"When you pre-order Halo: The Master Chief Collection through the Microsoft Store, you will receive a “My Other Car is a Warthog” throwback license plate frame, a Master Chief window decal and an exclusive “Boom” Skull that unlocks 2x explosion physics for the Halo 2: Anniversary campaign.

With Sunset Overdrive pre-orders through Microsoft Store, you’ll get exclusive melee weapons Acordes de la Muerte and The Hangover as an added bonus to the Day One Edition. "

You get some stuff with Microsoft as well, and those kidns of decisions are why I hate pre-order bonuses.

$15 total, I think. If you read the article, it actually says you'll get 5,000 in XBL credits more than non-rewards members. I interpret that as meaning you'll get $15 in XBL credits total.

"Xbox Live Rewards members will receive 15,000 rewards credits, 5,000 credits more than non-Rewards members receive, for each game pre-ordered on both Xbox One and Xbox 360. Just make sure to use the same email when you order that’s associated with your Xbox Live account."
Yes, but that's the number of rewards credits. You also get a $10 Store gift card for pre-orders.

"When you pre-order Halo: The Master Chief Collection through the Microsoft Store, you will receive a “My Other Car is a Warthog” throwback license plate frame, a Master Chief window decal and an exclusive “Boom” Skull that unlocks 2x explosion physics for the Halo 2: Anniversary campaign.

With Sunset Overdrive pre-orders through Microsoft Store, you’ll get exclusive melee weapons Acordes de la Muerte and The Hangover as an added bonus to the Day One Edition. "

You get some stuff with Microsoft as well, and those kidns of decisions are why I hate pre-order bonuses.
Man, I never check MS store for bonuses, I didn't know they had stuff as well! Yeah that's a bummer and can suck when all these stores have stuff you want, I'll personally probably stick to BB since I have Gift Cards to pay for this stuff, really hope they do a midnight launch for Halo though, especially since it's the same day as AC so that might help then. But a license plate + decal + skull seem like a pretty sweet bonus as well.

Question regarding the Microsoft store. Do they offer pre orders for a digital version of the game or just physical? If I can preorder master chief digitally from them then I'll do that.

Forza was 12:01 ET:

Game Description:To pre-order this game please select one of the pre-order editions from the Xbox Store. XBOX ONE GAME EXPECTED TO RELEASE ON 9/30/2014. YOU MAY DOWNLOAD THE GAME FROM XBOX LIVE BEFORE THEN, BUT IT WILL NOT BE PLAYABLE UNTIL 12:01 AM EDT ON THE RELEASE DATE.
I live in CST and I couldn't play until 2 am.

9.5 on IGN. 91 on Metacritic. Looking good, but I can't justify full price (even with GCU) knowing that Black Friday is a little over 6 weeks away.
I'm torn. I absolutely loved the first Bayonetta and love Platinum games but i know this game will be sub 30 in no time. Ugh

wow I just realized how crazy November 18th is going to be. Im not sure if I should pick up all games that have a $10 certificate, it would be $42 each for me, or wait for BF. I cant see next gen versions being less then $39.99 though.

Wasn't FIFA 15 a part of this? I preordered in-store but never got the reward certificate. Anyone had this happen before and how difficult is it to get them to do it if you can prove it was preordered?

Enuf show some respect to htz and take this else where. You derail this thread at least every other week with this same discussion.
1- You post 4 hrs AFTER the convo was dead
2- There was no disrepect I had an open window when htz posted so I never saw it till I posted and the 2nd post was after the page bumped so I edited and answered the ?
3- both of the original post either came from a question directly to me or a person giving out false info which brought pm`s in regards to the false info. The other was a person posting a problem I offered a solution which happens in every thread.

Geez Enuf - give it a rest and take it somewhere else.
And almost 6 hrs after the convo was already dead....

Looks like I can't use the gift card I got from trading in SoM to buy Evil Within with the bonus $10 gift card.

"Gift cards and savings codes cannot be used on orders containing Best Buy gift cards."

Edit: Tried adding another game to the order to increase the total well past the gift card amount, still a no go.

Looks like it will go through if I add something to cart to push the total price being paid on credit card above $10.

Kind of defeats the purpose.

Edit: Or maybe not. Site seems to like removing the gift card info but not the credit card info.

Looks like I can't use the gift card I got from trading in SoM to buy Evil Within with the bonus $10 gift card.

"Gift cards and savings codes cannot be used on orders containing Best Buy gift cards."

Edit: Tried adding another game to the order to increase the total well past the gift card amount, still a no go.
Use the gc in-store
Also try logging completely out, clear cache/cookies/browser history and/or using another browser.

It still reviewed better then I was anticipating, glad I preordered it. Now if only I can finish SoM, Alien, and The Evil Within all before SunSet drops on the 28th. Third world problems I know. It would just make the crazy November games easier to fit in. My goal is to finish those games before SunSet, then have two weeks for that before the mad rush comes out. Then from Nov-Feb I'll be able to play H:MCC, Unity, FarCry4, GTA5, and WWE. I know Nov. is normally a month of good game releases, but I don't recall one ever being this loaded. And some games slated for Oct/Nov got pushed to next year. So by the looks this year is going to end on a strong note and continue clear into the Spring.

Personally there has never been a better time to be a gamer and it's even sweeter if your a CAG.

I didn't think they were doing the $10 giftcard deal in store but if they are I might look into it. Otherwise I'll just wait until Black Friday at the earliest for this game. Luckily, most of the other big pre-order titles are the standard $10 in rewards.

Weird, they must have changed that recently because I paid for my copy with a GC on the first of october.

I didn't think they were doing the $10 giftcard deal in store but if they are I might look into it. Otherwise I'll just wait until Black Friday at the earliest for this game. Luckily, most of the other big pre-order titles are the standard $10 in rewards.
It`s in the weekly ad
Unless it`s a "online only" offer all giftcards deals should be advertised in the weekly ad, the publisher/vendor covering their half of the gc are betting it`ll spur sales so they want as many eyes on the deal as possible.

Weird, they must have changed that recently because I paid for my copy with a GC on the first of october.
I completely paid for mine online yesterday with gift cards, and the giift card already shipped. Haven't gotten a store pickup notification yet, but not worried. So does not seem to be a system-wide problem.

Also, I don't recall which thread had it, but I have pending points using the 3x coupon on a wallet-sized item that would cover the cost of doing business with that item, and then some. So, still seems to work.

I completely paid for mine online yesterday with gift cards, and the giift card already shipped. Haven't gotten a store pickup notification yet, but not worried. So does not seem to be a system-wide problem.Also, I don't recall which thread had it, but I have pending points using the 3x coupon on a wallet-sized item that would cover the cost of doing business with that item, and then some. So, still seems to work.
It never stopped working as far I know. At least not for the wallet sized items I've been buying. There was a time that the movers coupon worked on them I think but that was fixed pretty quickly.

I completely paid for mine online yesterday with gift cards, and the giift card already shipped. Haven't gotten a store pickup notification yet, but not worried. So does not seem to be a system-wide problem.

Also, I don't recall which thread had it, but I have pending points using the 3x coupon on a wallet-sized item that would cover the cost of doing business with that item, and then some. So, still seems to work.
I got my email that it is ready and paid mostly with a gift card 50 out of 52. About to go grab it

If you really want it now/today I would just go, chances are they will just run and grab one form the video game department. I'm guessing no one physically grabbed one for you and put it behind the in store pick up counter.

i love GCU and the deals BB has been giving with the 10 rewards for pre-ordering but god it's tough dealing with them sometimes.  Went to trade in Forza Horizon 2 today and waited for about 10 minutes and the clerk finally told me that the trade in system must be down.  Come back tomorrow.  This plus all the delays/having to fight to get the rewards it is quite the pain

Forgot to preorder, bummed about missing out on the preorder bonus "Fighting Chance Pack".  But, when I got to Best Buy they had a copy with the sticker on it that included it.  Not sure if I got lucky or if the entire first run of the game includes it, but either way you didn't have to preorder to get it.  Is anyone else having issues getting the 20% off in store?  Online it comes off automatically every time, no problem.  Last 3 games i have bought in store did not get the discount, manager has to do an override and manually drop the price.  It's annoying.  

Forgot to preorder, bummed about missing out on the preorder bonus "Fighting Chance Pack". But, when I got to Best Buy they had a copy with the sticker on it that included it. Not sure if I got lucky or if the entire first run of the game includes it, but either way you didn't have to preorder to get it. Is anyone else having issues getting the 20% off in store? Online it comes off automatically every time, no problem. Last 3 games i have bought in store did not get the discount, manager has to do an override and manually drop the price. It's annoying.
I believe it was the first run of the game came with the DLC. I had no problem earlier today at the store with my GCU.

Forgot to preorder, bummed about missing out on the preorder bonus "Fighting Chance Pack". But, when I got to Best Buy they had a copy with the sticker on it that included it. Not sure if I got lucky or if the entire first run of the game includes it, but either way you didn't have to preorder to get it. Is anyone else having issues getting the 20% off in store? Online it comes off automatically every time, no problem. Last 3 games i have bought in store did not get the discount, manager has to do an override and manually drop the price. It's annoying.
Have you broken any of the GCU rules? Seems like this usually happens to people who abuse the trade in rules but not exclusively.

i love GCU and the deals BB has been giving with the 10 rewards for pre-ordering but god it's tough dealing with them sometimes. Went to trade in Forza Horizon 2 today and waited for about 10 minutes and the clerk finally told me that the trade in system must be down. Come back tomorrow. This plus all the delays/having to fight to get the rewards it is quite the pain
The system was down but not for any length of time. It came up and crashed a couple times buy I got my trades done.

I got the $10 gift card today for picking up a copy of Evil Within (360), that's $10 towards my preorder of the Xbone AW edition!

And got myself a sweet deal on GCU today!

I got the $10 gift card today for picking up a copy of Evil Within (360), that's $10 towards my preorder of the Xbone AW edition!

And got myself a sweet deal on GCU today!
What was the deal? I have a buddy that wants to get GCU for a deal.

Nope, I'm generally not a flipper.  I have bought 3 copies of Destiny with the discount and traded in 2 of them though.  All within the guidelines as i understand them.  Other than Destiny I haven't bought multiple copies or traded in multiple copies of any one game.  

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back