Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I preordered gta5 during the free glitch and it's shipped out. How do I check if I'm getting the $10 for preordering? I am gamer unlocked.

Not sure if this is a widespread glitch for all Elite Plus members, but I'm able to get Free Express Shipping on everything right now (no minimum purchase).

My free shipping says it wont be here until Thursday. Having shipped last week thats some SLOW shipping time. I would bet anything that yours would ship soon (today probably) and they will ship it either next day or 2 day so you will end up getting it before the Standard people. Who knows for sure though?
My GTAV looks to be arriving by tomorrow, It is in NY right now (and I am in CT) so by then it usually means the next day it will have made the trip into my state and be out for delivery. Also the two I had ordered for in store pick up (when at first it was b1g1) are also available for pick up tomorrow.

Not sure if this is a widespread glitch for all Elite Plus members, but I'm able to get Free Express Shipping on everything right now (no minimum purchase).
Just checked to verify and you're right. While it does show up as costing $4 per upgrade in the checkout process for me, the additional amount is never actually added. Don't want to checkout though, as BB has added shipping costs to my order after it was placed before(although, to be fair, they also corrected the issue without a problem). Interesting...

I just placed a pre-order for GTA V. Used my $10 cert from Splinter Cell and will get the $10 back. Tax was $4 though, so that sucked.

I've been debating whether I should get the game now or not. I have bought a ton of games while on vacation right now and feel like I can wait for the first sale or drop. But then again, this is the biggest game of the year and might not see a decent sale for a while, if they know people will buy the hell out of it for MSRP.

I was tossing around the idea of going to the Walmart a couple minutes away to get it half an hour ago and had just about talked myself into waiting a month or so when it hit me: I put down $21.5K on a super-nice car today that I will only get to drive until Wednesday, when I leave the country for 7 more months. Buying a copy from BB is the perfect reason to drive the hour into Columbia tomorrow really quick after a buddy gets off work. Need to get all the enjoyment I can out of this car while I can and the route I can take to this specific BB will be a fun drive. So why not? $54 out of pocket and $10 in RZ certs isn't so bad (even if they do refuse to ship games to my APO address, making the $10 cert almost worthless).

Gave it a lot of thought and just decided to pass.  I went to log on over the weekend and pre-order it and saw that they changed the pre-order bonus to a $10 Reward Zone card.  It might still supposed to be $20 as I renewed my GCU in the spring, but I've had so many problems with my local BB that it's just not worth the hassle of having to go through BB customer service to get it resolved.  (About half my experiences with that particular store (Manchester, CT) involve me having to call customer service or just leaving the store without a purchase anyway and I don't feel like going 20 minutes out of my way to go to a store where the associates have been properly trained.

I might go to TRU and get the Midnight Club LA that I tried to purchase from BB.com two weeks ago.

and I just found out that my unlocked expired yesterday or the day before without notice.  Well damn.

I'll probably try renewing on my lunch break and hope it is there and good to go when I go to pick up the game after work.

fucking BBY sent my GTAV via UPS Mail Innovation instead of 2-day air like I am supposed to get.  They are saying a delivery date of this Monday 9/23.  Such BS.

Edit: Well I called to ask why I keep getting bumped back to standard shipping. She made a note in my file and offered me a $15 GC.  She said the system did not process the order correctly.  I am sad I have to wait to play but $15 will soak the tears up a bit.

fucking BBY sent my GTAV via UPS Mail Innovation instead of 2-day air like I am supposed to get. They are saying a delivery date of this Monday 9/23. Such BS.

Edit: Well I called to ask why I keep getting bumped back to standard shipping. She made a note in my file and offered me a $15 GC. She said the system did not process the order correctly. I am sad I have to wait to play but $15 will soak the tears up a bit.
Buy a copy in store and then return the sealed one when it comes

fucking BBY sent my GTAV via UPS Mail Innovation instead of 2-day air like I am supposed to get. They are saying a delivery date of this Monday 9/23. Such BS.

Edit: Well I called to ask why I keep getting bumped back to standard shipping. She made a note in my file and offered me a $15 GC. She said the system did not process the order correctly. I am sad I have to wait to play but $15 will soak the tears up a bit.
Ha Ha, I called this morning and bitched about not getting my game until Weds. and they gave me a $30 giftcard. I took it and ran!!!!

Mine doesnt show the 20 for GCU so yet again, I will likely have to call them to get it fixed. i will wait a week though to see if it fixes it self but it usually never does.

My last RZ (for Last of Us) took 15 days to show up in my account.  

I also got them to price match the free game from TRU for both copies that I picked up.  (Owed a friend a game, so had to pick up a 2nd GTA V for him.)  

If I get the reward certs for each and the free game, I'll be happy.  

Guess I'll just have to see.  

Anyone get their glitched GTA 5 via pick up yet? Kinda nervous about getting mine later lol.
Don't be. Got mine this morning. They just need your ID and the card you "charged" it to, to verify the order and then you sign. This morning the system was messing up and they couldn't print up the signature sheet. Once in hand run!! jk

And my points are already pending. Be nice if they pend all the time this fast.

Picked up my free copy as well. Dude didn't think twice about it. Forgot to ask for one of those posters behind the counter, though (I would have just thrown it in a closet, but still!).

Don't be. Got mine this morning. They just need your ID and the card you "charged" it to, to verify the order and then you sign. This morning the system was messing up and they couldn't print up the signature sheet. Once in hand run!! jk
And my points are already pending. Be nice if they pend all the time this fast.
I used ID and order number, card not needed.

I used ID and order number, card not needed.
Usually they do ask for your card it was charged to for verification. I picked up my free copy of GTA V at about 12:30 AM. No problem, other than they couldn't get the system to print out a receipt.

Can someone that picked up their order confirm that you received the Atomic Blimp dlc code? Is it included in the game case, as some have speculated?

A lot of the questions about the $10/$20 not posting on GTA V is for people who did an in-store pickup. From my understanding, it could take up to 15 days before listing the bonus.

I did an online preorder and already have my "normal"/base points posted as usable points. However, no mention of the preorder bonus. Do we also have to wait 15 days as well? Seems odd, since I can already use the base points towards a certificate now.

A lot of the questions about the $10/$20 not posting on GTA V is for people who did an in-store pickup. From my understanding, it could take up to 15 days before listing the bonus.

I did an online preorder and already have my "normal"/base points posted as usable points. However, no mention of the preorder bonus. Do we also have to wait 15 days as well? Seems odd, since I can already use the base points towards a certificate now.
Mine didn't even show up as a purchase yet...where it's normally instant for me; let alone the 10$ cert.

My GTA5 points showed up already as "21" points.....clearly the certificate wasnt added right.

Also, Im 99% sure that at best Ill be getting $10, theyll claim the 20 dollar promotion was over, regardless of what some message board MOD said

Lmfao right now, just walked out of best buy with my free copy of gta v. Got a good copy too, no wavy/warped cover art. I didn't even have to add a second game to get the free one, I just added gta v and it showed up as free. I was totally expecting the rep to cancel the order once she looked it up, but once she asked for my credit card and license i knew I was home free. Thanks cag and to whoever posted the deal. I wasn't even planning on buying this game right now, I was gonna hold out for the inevitable goty/complete edition but you can't beat free

Already got my cert for GTA V! I wonder if there's a way they can add a B2G1 new game coupon with the order. I guess I'll go to the store and find out.

So when do i get my 10$ reward zone cert. i picked up my game this morning (GTA) and it doesn't show on Myrewardzone...
I just picked up my copy and asked the clerk when I get it. She said you wait til after the return policy expires to receive it. Just so you can't net the credit bonus. So I would check back then.

But also when I went and preordered a different clerk said I don't receive the credit because you have to preorder online.

My GTA5 points showed up already as "21" points.....clearly the certificate wasnt added right.

Also, Im 99% sure that at best Ill be getting $10, theyll claim the 20 dollar promotion was over, regardless of what some message board MOD said
I look forward to you explaining how my $20 cert had already processed and cleared on saturday... NOT TO MENTION that the $20 promo is NOT OVER *facepalm* SERIOUSLY HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO SAY THIS! YES the site only advertises the $10 promo, and YES the $20 promo is not listed for GTAV or South Park the Stick of Truth's pages. BUT IT IS STILL THERE! If you are GCU at the time of pickup... THAN YOU ARE GETTING A $20 CERT, regardless of what it is showing as right now, there have been MANY MANY times where the 1000 points for the cert, have not shown up until DAYS after, they show up AFTERWARDS in MANY cases.
Also you clearly have no idea what you are saying, as those "message board MOD"'s you speak of are the ones who actually know what the *%&# they are saying. They are "community connectors" meaning ones who are uptodate on pretty much everything.

Already got my cert for GTA V! I wonder if there's a way they can add a B2G1 new game coupon with the order. I guess I'll go to the store and find out.
Are you talking about getting a B2G1 coupon for buying GTA V? That's from GS only if you are.

Yes. Pre ordered online. Card was in case when I picked up in store.
Thanks. Also, was your game cover embossed like GTA IV? I picked it up but didn't notice until I got home that the the cover was just ink with no embossed logo.

But also when I went and preordered a different clerk said I don't receive the credit because you have to preorder online.
People need to understand that for the very large majority, bestbuy clerks are barely trained, and uninformed PEOPLE, they are not some all knowing being, they will get it wrong, most of the time actually, and even a manager is not exempt. Trust us with what we say, we read the small print, and know bestbuy better than the employees do (although doing future preorders online for in store pick up saves ALOT of hassle and pretty much cuts out human error, so I WOULD reccomend that).

I have to say Best Buy has left a sour taste in my mouth over this whole thing.

Free copies off a glitch. Wouldnt pricematch the TRU free game offer even though they at one time offered same thing but then went back on it. Basically offering nothing for buying the game.

I told them to cancel my pre-order today. I've had numerous issues with them over the years with their Reward Zone and I don't trust them to issue me a $10 certificate. I've been screwed before and my GCU was permanently screwed up and never got linked despite hours on the phone for the issue.

Will be taking my money elsewhere for the majority of the time now. Wish I didnt have store credit with them.

And all this bullshit with the unReward Zone. Youre gonna charge me for shipping now and expect me to be happy about it....fuck you BBY.

I pre-ordered on Friday night and the $20 cert just posted (pending).  I am GCU (until next Tuesday at least).  Combine this with the $15 for messing up my shipping and the Amazon Madden deal I think I ended up paying $6 for my copy of GTA V. Not free but pretty darn close.

For those of you guys not getting the $10 worth of bonus points. Did you sign up for Gamers Club (free version) and not just a Reward Zone member?

The bonus points can still take 15 days after shipment or pickup to show up. I wouldn't worry unless you don't see anything after the return period is over. Everybody gets the bonus points at different times based on past experiences with this program within the return period (15 days).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back