Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting overwhelmed with all this crap at bestbuy , I get so stressed out just thinking about wether or not my points show up also this morning they were bitching about price matching walmart how it was a glitch and they won't honor it. fuck it I'm just gonna preorder at gamestop from now on rather Drop $10-$20 month on a preorders and pay them off little by little

Did they remove the $10 offer for the remaining games because I don't see no trace for them next to the product offers or the reward zone account.
I was gonna preorder 3 of the qualifying ps4 games on Sunday to see if the $10 per game and 3 for $25 promo stack?

Did they remove the $10 offer for the remaining games because I don't see no trace for them next to the product offers or the reward zone account.
I was gonna preorder 3 of the qualifying ps4 games on Sunday to see if the $10 per game and 3 for $25 promo stack?
I am wondering this too. I saw it the other day (maybe even yesterday) but today I cannot find it after learning about the extra $25 promo. I was also hoping to see if they'd stack.

So is it too late to pre-order AC4 on PS4, or did they take it out of stock in order to set it back to pre-order status until the 12th?

Did anyone get their $10 for COD:Ghosts? I think mine got messed up. Not showing as preorder on My Rewards like Watch dogs does (which I cancelled weeks ago)

Apologies for the noob question as I read the first page, but I assume you will be able to get 2 $10 certs if you do the XBOX 360 and XBOX One preorder of both versions?

Or it is one $10 per title across all platforms?

Thanks!

You're supposed to let it clear after the return period so give it 15 days from pickup so at a minimum I'd wait until Wednesday.

Apologies for the noob question as I read the first page, but I assume you will be able to get 2 $10 certs if you do the XBOX 360 and XBOX One preorder of both versions?

Or it is one $10 per title across all platforms?

Thanks!
it was addressed in question #8 actually. But your answer is $10 across all platforms.

That page is still there, but when I put Watch Dogs 360 in my cart there was no mention for a $10 credit back. So is this dead? Perhaps due to the 20% off new thing for GCU? Myself, I'd rather have the 20% off, then $10 later, but of course I would have wanted both even more. :)

Heads Up: All PS4 games are no longer considered as pre-orders except for a few exceptions (NFS: Rivals, NBA 2K14, NBA Live 14).

Do not expect a $10 RZ Cert if you ordered on or after what Best Buy list as the release date. Some games have release date as early as 11/5/2013.
I was able to preorder BF4 and AC4 last night but only avail for shipping. If I don't see anything pending on mybestbuy about the promo by next Fri I'll just do a return rebuy with KZ and get the $25 promo instead for buying 3 games.

That page is still there, but when I put Watch Dogs 360 in my cart there was no mention for a $10 credit back. So is this dead? Perhaps due to the 20% off new thing for GCU? Myself, I'd rather have the 20% off, then $10 later, but of course I would have wanted both even more. :)
As someone who buys a lot from the site, you need to understand something, EVERYONE does (it seems like people are making the same mistakes every other page) just because there is no mention of it, does not mean they got rid of it. The $10 RZ cert for preordering the game is still alive and kicking, it just is working behind the scenes so to speak, and is really publicized right now. You do/will still get it, regardless of if there is a little "special offer" blurb listed saying so or not. So in fact you DO get both. You get both the $12 off, and the $10 back!... $38 day one new releases? *shudder* ohhhh yeah baby...

I was able to preorder BF4 and AC4 last night but only avail for shipping. If I don't see anything pending on mybestbuy about the promo by next Fri I'll just do a return rebuy with KZ and get the $25 promo instead for buying 3 games.
Ok, you WON'T see anything pending for it, it just pops up out of the blue one day going oh here I am! Yeah that is weird and annoying but dems the facts, once the transaction itself finally finishes pending, you should get your points.

Ok, you WON'T see anything pending for it, it just pops up out of the blue one day going oh here I am! Yeah that is weird and annoying but dems the facts, once the transaction itself finally finishes pending, you should get your points.
Actually Batman Origins showed pending about a week after I purchased it then cleared about 5 days after that. I see what you're saying though it's not a concrete timeframe on when pts are posted/cleared on the mybestbuy site.

Actually Batman Origins showed pending about a week after I purchased it then cleared about 5 days after that. I see what you're saying though it's not a concrete timeframe on when pts are posted/cleared on the mybestbuy site.
my batman origins has not cleared yet, and it is been 15 days

As someone who buys a lot from the site, you need to understand something, EVERYONE does (it seems like people are making the same mistakes every other page) just because there is no mention of it, does not mean they got rid of it. The $10 RZ cert for preordering the game is still alive and kicking, it just is working behind the scenes so to speak, and is really publicized right now. You do/will still get it, regardless of if there is a little "special offer" blurb listed saying so or not. So in fact you DO get both. You get both the $12 off, and the $10 back!... $38 day one new releases? *shudder* ohhhh yeah baby...
Hmm. I guess it gives me the willies. I'd only want to pre-order Watch Dogs if I get both. Maybe I'll give it a shot and then complain if it doesn't happen. :)

But, now I'll take my once every few months soapbox on this mistake and point out that, no, you are not getting Watch Dogs (or whatever) for $38. You are getting Watch Dogs for $47.99 and you get a $10 certificate that is worth nothing until you spend it on something else. So at the very, very best, you are talking about spending $47.99 on $69.99 worth of stuff. So $69.99 worth of stuff for $47.99. But probably worse because you won't likely find anything you want for only $10, so you're going to have to spend more than $47.99. So there you go. Now I won't mention it again for a few months. ;) :)

You're supposed to let it clear after the return period so give it 15 days from pickup so at a minimum I'd wait until Wednesday.

I know, but I'm pretty sure the cashier fucked up the preorder status since I never got my preorder DLC either (had to ask on Unboxed). My regular points for the transaction are showing but there's no preorder bonus.

So it's basically impossible to get the $10 GCU Bonus for AC4 on PS4 now? I guess it would've been impossible to get that in conjunction with the $25 with AC4 as one of the 3 games, huh?

So it's basically impossible to get the $10 GCU Bonus for AC4 on PS4 now? I guess it would've been impossible to get that in conjunction with the $25 with AC4 as one of the 3 games, huh?
Yeah it was confirmed by a BB mod, if it is already listed as released, no RZ Cert, and no pre-order bonus. They are blaming it on Sony for moving up the street dates. I personally think it is just to ensure the promos don't stack with next week's buy 3 get $25 promo.

Should I go with CoD Ghosts for $47.99 and then a $10 pre-order certificate?

Don't think I'll be able to get it at that price.

SOMEONE TELL ME TO DO IT

I know, but I'm pretty sure the cashier fucked up the preorder status since I never got my preorder DLC either (had to ask on Unboxed). My regular points for the transaction are showing but there's no preorder bonus.
Same deal for me but I'm just waiting until middle of next week.

Should I go with CoD Ghosts for $47.99 and then a $10 pre-order certificate?

Don't think I'll be able to get it at that price.

SOMEONE TELL ME TO DO IT
If you do it for the Xbox One version, you will get the $10 RZ Cert still. Do it now instead because you don't want to be in the same situation as the PS4 game pre-orders since Best Buy is pushing up the release dates.

I'm getting overwhelmed with all this crap at bestbuy , I get so stressed out just thinking about wether or not my points show up also this morning they were bitching about price matching walmart how it was a glitch and they won't honor it. fuck it I'm just gonna preorder at gamestop from now on rather Drop $10-$20 month on a preorders and pay them off little by little
Sorry but why should Best Buy have honored a glitch from a competitor?

PS4: All Pre-orders for the $10 RZ Cert is over except for NBA 2k14 (11/15/13).

• If you didn't pre-order AC4, BF4, Madden NFL 25, and FIFA 14 before 11/8/13. You're most likely not eligible for the $10 RZ Cert since Best Buy has it marked as the release date on those titles.
  • If you didn't pre-order Call of Duty Ghosts before 11/5/13. You're most likely not eligible for the $10 RZ Cert since Best Buy has it marked as the release date.

If i pre order watch dogs now, will i still get a cert next year?
Yes, you should. But I wouldn't do it this early since Best Buy might do some additional promo later on.

I wonder if best buy will sell digital download cards for retail games like Ryse and Dead Rising 3, like they do for minecraft. It would be nice to get these pre order bonuses and stay all digital. Sorry if this was brought up, I'm not reading 65 pages to find out.

I wonder if best buy will sell digital download cards for retail games like Ryse and Dead Rising 3, like they do for minecraft. It would be nice to get these pre order bonuses and stay all digital. Sorry if this was brought up, I'm not reading 65 pages to find out.
Errr, doubt they will, also considering the size on some of these (they will on average take close to a 10th of the hard drive per game, before DLC and big updates and such) I would stick with the physical disc. Plus the Minecraft download cards are essentially just points cards that you use TOWARDS the game. I know many people like to keep things digital, but it does have some downsides. But yeah you will be stuck with preordering the physical version if you want the bonuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back