Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though Castlevania does not qualify for the $10 preorder promotion, just wanted to point out that I preordered my copy for in store pickup and I noticed that Best Buy will be giving out the Rune Edge preorder DLC.  The newest upcoming games I'm looking forward to are: Castlevania, InFamous, and TitanFall. 

Castlevania: LOS was a great game.  I thought it was a poor man's God of War but with more of a real challenge.  By the looks of it, LOS 2 sounds like it'll be well received. 

Just got an email from Best Buy advertising Titanfall. It mentioned that MyBestBuy customers get $10 in reward certificates for preordering and purchasing the game. Of course this isn't new info, but it's good to see it promoted and confirmed.

A big media embargo on Titanfall info is supposed to lift Wednesday at 11am Central, so keep an eye out for more details then about the game.

Do you get the points for the purchase just after pre-ordering or once you pick up the game? I want to pre-order Destiny, but would the $10 cert show up shortly after I preorder it (this month) or in September when the game comes out?

Do you get the points for the purchase just after pre-ordering or once you pick up the game? I want to pre-order Destiny, but would the $10 cert show up shortly after I preorder it (this month) or in September when the game comes out?
$10 certs are supposed to be added to your account 15 or so days after purchase.

Yeah I thought it had been cancelled too. But am guessing they want to see how well it sells first and if its worth making it for the Wii U
You see, I don't get this. They've spent millions already porting it, delaying it now even by a few weeks destroys everything they've worked on. They're flushing at least a couple million down the toilet by delaying it on Wii U since no one will buy it due to the delay. I can't imagine it would have sold much to begin with on Wii U but this is a big suicide move for the U version. Ubi might as well cancel the Nintendo version then.

I think the logic is that if they do release the Wii U version and it sells like 10-20k like Splinter Cell and Resident Evil did on Wii U they'll have an excuse when they pull out all Wii U support later in 2014. Of course, no one in the press will call them out on how the Rayman delay and delaying the Wii U version of Watch Dogs may have built up bad feelings with Wii U consumers.

In defense of GCU, many of you are wrong. In addition to the $10 GC on release day, GCU members now get 20% off new releases. So basically, $47 as a GCU plus $10 coupon. Even better.

my question is, must you pick up in person, or can you order online to qualify?

In defense of GCU, many of you are wrong. In addition to the $10 GC on release day, GCU members now get 20% off new releases. So basically, $47 as a GCU plus $10 coupon. Even better.

my question is, must you pick up in person, or can you order online to qualify?
Game must be pre-ordered by street date and purchased as follows: (1) If you pre-order in store or online for In-Store Pickup, purchase and pick up game within 7 days of street date; or (2) If you pre-order online for Ship to Home, your purchase will be processed and shipped on or about street date. Please provide My Best Buy member number at time of pre-order and pickup. Eligible members will receive 500 bonus points (worth $10 in reward certificates) per qualified purchase. Limit one award per member per title. Points will post to your account approximately 15 days from time of pickup or shipment.

Game must be pre-ordered by street date and purchased as follows: (1) If you pre-order in store or online for In-Store Pickup, purchase and pick up game within 7 days of street date; or (2) If you pre-order online for Ship to Home, your purchase will be processed and shipped on or about street date. Please provide My Best Buy member number at time of pre-order and pickup. Eligible members will receive 500 bonus points (worth $10 in reward certificates) per qualified purchase. Limit one award per member per title. Points will post to your account approximately 15 days from time of pickup or shipment.
nice, thanks. In that case, just ordered south park, destiny, and watch dogs. Instead of paying 180 for them, ill be saving $36 + $30 in coupons = $66 total...$114. Not bad. Again I urge you guys to reassess your views on GCU. I got my 2 year membership renewed for $30 last week and it has already paid for itself. Paid itself off faster than PS plus.

nice, thanks. In that case, just ordered south park, destiny, and watch dogs. Instead of paying 180 for them, ill be saving $36 + $30 in coupons = $66 total...$114. Not bad. Again I urge you guys to reassess your views on GCU. I got my 2 year membership renewed for $30 last week and it has already paid for itself. Paid itself off faster than PS plus.
You should be getting $20 for southpark making it an even better deal.

You should be getting $20 for southpark making it an even better deal.
Well they're saying on their forums now only if you pre-order while the $20 unlock promo was active will get it. If you pre-order later after they changed it you'll only get $10. Still this is Best Buy were talking and if they're track record on these things say anything, they'll mess it up and either give everyone the $20 or they'll issue out everyone with $10 followed up with a gracious side of backlash with a 'we're sorry will fix this' chaser. So enjoy the ride either way :whee: :lol:

Does Bestbuy still do repeated charging on your bank if you preorder with them on their website? Just want to know if I should go in the store to do this or not.

[quote name="Nesboy43" post="11521300" timestamp="1392237380"]Does Bestbuy still do repeated charging on your bank if you preorder with them on their website? Just want to know if I should go in the store to do this or not.[/quote]Best Buy still does repeat checks to make sure you have the money in the account. You could pay at bestbuy.com with PayPal or a gift card to avoid Best Buy from checking your bank accounts once a week.

Best Buy still does repeat checks to make sure you have the money in the account. You could pay at bestbuy.com with PayPal or a gift card to avoid Best Buy from checking your bank accounts once a week.
Thank you for the information, if I go into the store there will be no repeat checks right?

[quote name="Nesboy43" post="11521956" timestamp="1392252289"]Thank you for the information, if I go into the store there will be no repeat checks right?[/quote]You can put just $5.00 down then pay it off when pick it up. You have pick it up at the same location you preorder at.

You can put just $5.00 down then pay it off when pick it up. You have pick it up at the same location you preorder at.
Thanks, I just decided to go with Paypal since I am using someone else's $5 rewards coupon and didn't want any suspicion in the store.

do they give the in game explorer pack like amazon and GS do for elder scrolls online? I checked the game page and it only mentions the early access. NOT the explorer pack (pet, any faction, ect)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-elder-scrolls-online-mac-windows/5622756.p?id=1218677496382&skuId=5622756
I don't think BestBuy is offering that bonus because you get a free Ouroboros Medallion when you pick up the game.

pmo_medallion.png

PS: I already made a topic about this question at BestBuy Forum so hopefully someone will answer your question.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/PC-Gaming/The-Elder-Scrolls-Online-Pre-Order-Bouns-Offer/m-p/780675#M3124

If I were to buy Destiny on disc it'd be from Best Buy but I'm buying it digitally on PS3 so I can give my brother a free downloadable copy and we can play online co-op together. Of course this is assuming it'll be up on the PS Store at launch. Considering the day 1 digital thing Sony seems to be doing it's probably likely to happen.

I have GCU, and I want 2 copies of Titanfall. Should I place two separate orders? Or can you order only one without getting banned?

You can only get 1 $10 certificate per game title.
So the second copy wouldn't have the $10 certificate, but it would have the GCU discount? Will that get me banned? I've been reading through the threads and haven't figured out what I should avoid doing. Thanks in advance!

If I were to buy Destiny on disc it'd be from Best Buy but I'm buying it digitally on PS3 so I can give my brother a free downloadable copy and we can play online co-op together. Of course this is assuming it'll be up on the PS Store at launch. Considering the day 1 digital thing Sony seems to be doing it's probably likely to happen.
How does that even? I thought PSN had a different system for transferring and downloading games than XBL.

EDIT: Holy gods. My eyes have been opened. Did the research, that's freaking awesome what Sony's doing. And you don't have to do some fanagling with first downloads or anything? The game's just unlocked for every user on each of the 5 consoles? Radical.

How does that even? I thought PSN had a different system for transferring and downloading games than XBL.

EDIT: Holy gods. My eyes have been opened. Did the research, that's freaking awesome what Sony's doing. And you don't have to do some fanagling with first downloads or anything? The game's just unlocked for every user on each of the 5 consoles? Radical.
It used to be possible to download and essentially give a game to up to 5 consoles but Sony changed the rule to only 2 consoles. Nevertheless this still allows me to give my brother any game or DLC I buy on my account but only on PS3, not PS4. They changed the system up even further for PS4 so that now you gotta stay signed in to your own account to access your content on any console which would, in the case of Destiny, make it impossible for online co-op play since only one account can access the game at once.

It used to be possible to download and essentially give a game to up to 5 consoles but Sony changed the rule to only 2 consoles. Nevertheless this still allows me to give my brother any game or DLC I buy on my account but only on PS3, not PS4. They changed the system up even further for PS4 so that now you gotta stay signed in to your own account to access your content on any console which would, in the case of Destiny, make it impossible for online co-op play since only one account can access the game at once.
My understanding is if the account that bought the game is the primary account on a system, then ANYONE else logged into that system can play that game. You can only be primary on one PS4, of course, so this would mean if you're primary on the one that someone else will be using then they can play your games, and on the other one which you will be using and therefore logging in as yourself anyway you can play them. Hoping I understand it correctly anyway, my wife's PS4 is on the way so we'll be testing this next week. Will certainly help by not requiring us to buy 2 copies of the upcoming games we're both interested in.

[quote name="argyle" post="11528395" timestamp="1392435946"]My understanding is if the account that bought the game is the primary account on a system, then ANYONE else logged into that system can play that game. You can only be primary on one PS4, of course, so this would mean if you're primary on the one that someone else will be using then they can play your games, and on the other one which you will be using and therefore logging in as yourself anyway you can play them. Hoping I understand it correctly anyway, my wife's PS4 is on the way so we'll be testing this next week. Will certainly help by not requiring us to buy 2 copies of the upcoming games we're both interested in. [/quote]

Mmmmm. If that's the case I might have to make my brothers PS4 my main so we can both play Destiny. I might go digital for the PS4 copy.

Don't know how successful this will be with only a little more than a month before launch, but I started an ideax on the the Best Buy Unboxed forums to get Second Son added to this promotion:

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Add-Infamous-Second-Son-for-PS4-to-Preorder-and-Get-10-in-Reward/idi-p/781365

Any support would be great! I know I'm not the only PS4 owner who wants this.
i just voted even though i don't own a ps4, i don't mind helping a cag, it only takes a few min.

also if any cag would vote on the steelbook idea here, we are at 79 votes, come on one more vote to make it 80

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Bring-FutureShop-s-Best-Buy-Subsidiary-Gaming-Steelbook-Program/idi-p/776127

How do you vote ? I clicked the link but didn't see any option to vote .

Nvm I wasn't logged in . I know it's kind of unlikely at this point but infamous would be nice .

Don't know how successful this will be with only a little more than a month before launch, but I started an ideax on the the Best Buy Unboxed forums to get Second Son added to this promotion:

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Add-Infamous-Second-Son-for-PS4-to-Preorder-and-Get-10-in-Reward/idi-p/781365

Voted. I'm leaning towards waiting on this game right now, but if it gets added to the promo I'll definitely go ahead & preorder.

I preordered it Friday (not sure why) at Best Buy. I signed up and voted at BB Unboxed though.

How do you vote ? I clicked the link but didn't see any option to vote .

Nvm I wasn't logged in . I know it's kind of unlikely at this point but infamous would be nice .
chances are slim, since it takes them atleast six months to implement any of the ideas/changes. i would suggest you guys add other titles for ps4/xbox one to the idea that is far later in release date.

I wanted to ask, if I pre-order South Park and Titanfall today (I'm a gamerclub unlocked member) would I get 20 dollars and 10 dollars back in reward certs, or just 10 and 10? I know South Park used to be eligible for more and i'm not sure if that's dead or not? Thanks for the help!

I wanted to ask, if I pre-order South Park and Titanfall today (I'm a gamerclub unlocked member) would I get 20 dollars and 10 dollars back in reward certs, or just 10 and 10? I know South Park used to be eligible for more and i'm not sure if that's dead or not? Thanks for the help!
$10 for south park, unless you order before they introduced the $10 offer promotions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back