Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Mmmmm. If that's the case I might have to make my brothers PS4 my main so we can both play Destiny. I might go digital for the PS4 copy.
I have 2 ps4's, and i can tell you that this absolutely does work. Been doing it with BF4 and COD since launch.

How do we know when our Unlocked status expires? Is it the end of the month?
Go to my.bestbuy.com put in your sign in information on the right side and sign in once sign in on the right hand side it should show your name and account number and if you are unlocked it will say unlocked with the expiration date there
Edit: if you didn't renew though and only had unlocked cause you were extended the extended unlocks ended February 10

Mmmmm. If that's the case I might have to make my brothers PS4 my main so we can both play Destiny. I might go digital for the PS4 copy.
Sorry, I am at a loss about the benefit for ordering the psn version... Are you saying I can buy Destiny and use it on my own ps3 as well as my brother's? Or do both have to use my log in information?

Sorry, I am at a loss about the benefit for ordering the psn version... Are you saying I can buy Destiny and use it on my own ps3 as well as my brother's? Or do both have to use my log in information?
Sony allows downloads to two PS3's. I think you can do this as long as you have never downloaded to another PS3 besides your own. Once you download to a 2nd PS3, you can continue downloading to both of those systems, but never a 3rd one unless you change the licensing on one of the first two. Also, no, you do not need to be logged into the system since PS3 ties the purchases to those two consoles instead of the purchaser's account.

I'm pretty sure the above info is correct, but someone may need to tweak it a little. I have three PS3's in my home and can only download stuff i've purchased on my own account on the first two PS3's that I owned.

I preordered it Friday (not sure why) at Best Buy. I signed up and voted at BB Unboxed though.
this topic made me remember that i wanted to preorder the collector's edition again,(cancelled to change payment to a gift card, had to wait on reward zone certificate) and then when i checked i see its sold out now, damn.

Ugh, I really want South Park but I can't justify yet another purchase within these few weeks. Especially a last gen game at the full $60. If this was a reduced release at $50 or $40 I would probably cave.

Already will have Rayman Legends, EDF 2015, and then soon after Dark Souls 2 and Titanfall...

But after watching that latest 13 minute gameplay footage I really want it... hahah ugh!

Keep up the voting guys!

Infamous: Second Son for PS4 with $10 Reward Certificate for preordering is now in "Tell Us More" status!

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Add-Infamous-Second-Son-for-PS4-to-Preorder-and-Get-10-in-Reward/idc-p/781715#M3991
i hate to say this, but if you want more votes. you should spam it .LOL, because not everyone looks at this thread. the only reason steelbook idea got 80+ votes, was me spamming it.

Edit: you should also edit other games you want added to the $10 list

Uh Oh....

Damn IGN may have swayed me to get it...

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/02/14/we-finally-played-the-south-park-rpg

I was worried about the length and they said they didnt even finish the first main mission after two hours..

Sony allows downloads to two PS3's. I think you can do this as long as you have never downloaded to another PS3 besides your own. Once you download to a 2nd PS3, you can continue downloading to both of those systems, but never a 3rd one unless you change the licensing on one of the first two. Also, no, you do not need to be logged into the system since PS3 ties the purchases to those two consoles instead of the purchaser's account.

I'm pretty sure the above info is correct, but someone may need to tweak it a little. I have three PS3's in my home and can only download stuff i've purchased on my own account on the first two PS3's that I owned.
Ah ok thanks! How do I do this for games I have already purchased? I have ibb and obb for my ps3 but my brother wanted it too.

Ah ok thanks! How do I do this for games I have already purchased? I have ibb and obb for my ps3 but my brother wanted it too.
I think he'll have to log in with your account to download it. Once downloaded, he'll be able to access it without your login anytime. Someone please correct me if i'm wrong.

My understanding is if the account that bought the game is the primary account on a system, then ANYONE else logged into that system can play that game. You can only be primary on one PS4, of course, so this would mean if you're primary on the one that someone else will be using then they can play your games, and on the other one which you will be using and therefore logging in as yourself anyway you can play them. Hoping I understand it correctly anyway, my wife's PS4 is on the way so we'll be testing this next week. Will certainly help by not requiring us to buy 2 copies of the upcoming games we're both interested in.

I looked this up. You guys may be right and if that's the case it would definitely make the transition to PS4 easier for my brother and I since we'd still be able to share games. It's not like this on Vita which is annoying so we're limiting the amount of downloadable games we buy on it and sticking to cartridges. But it seems like PS4 is doing something similar to PS3 just with a different setup process. I'll still be getting Destiny on PS3 since I don't intend to get a PS4 just yet and I want to take advantage of free online play while it's still available. Soon games will only start coming out for PS4 and I'll have no choice but to get one, but fortunately that time hasn't come yet.

...I'll still be getting Destiny on PS3 since I don't intend to get a PS4 just yet and I want to take advantage of free online play while it's still available. Soon games will only start coming out for PS4 and I'll have no choice but to get one, but fortunately that time hasn't come yet.
If you have a Playstation 3, 4 ,or Vita and don't have PS Plus, you're doing it wrong.

Also, I am not sure if PS4 allows two systems like PS3 does. I think PS4 has the same restrictions as Xbox (must be logged in with the purchasing account on a non-primary system). I hope they do it like PS3, but I think I remember seeing they changed it for PS4 - surely because of the exact reason you are mentioning.

If you have a Playstation 3, 4 ,or Vita and don't have PS Plus, you're doing it wrong.

Also, I am not sure if PS4 allows two systems like PS3 does. I think PS4 has the same restrictions as Xbox (must be logged in with the purchasing account on a non-primary system). I hope they do it like PS3, but I think I remember seeing they changed it for PS4 - surely because of the exact reason you are mentioning.
It shares the 2 console limit with a twist similar to Xbox. On the PS3 you can share content with 2 consoles at the same time while being offline. For PS4 only one console can share content offline, and that is the one you activate as primary. Any console after the 1st will require you to be logged into your PSN account with an internet connection at all times to use the content. Since you can only sign into your PSN account once at a time. 2 consoles is the most you will be able to share any content at the same time.

So ps4 goes like this (I'm getting confused with all the posts) I make his console my primary on my PSN acct.

Buy and download (insert name) digitally on primary console.

Then I download (insert name) on secondary console.

Both PS4s can play on PSN at the same time?

It shares the 2 console limit with a twist similar to Xbox. On the PS3 you can share content with 2 consoles at the same time while being offline. For PS4 only one console can share content offline, and that is the one you activate as primary. Any console after the 1st will require you to be logged into your PSN account with an internet connection at all times to use the content. Since you can only sign into your PSN account once at a time. 2 consoles is the most you will be able to share any content at the same time.
That sounds exactly like Xbox 360. I believe it's the same for Xbox One also.

So ps4 goes like this (I'm getting confused with all the posts) I make his console my primary on my PSN acct. Buy and download (insert name) digitally on primary console. Then I download (insert name) on secondary console. Both PS4s can play on PSN at the same time?
Pretty much but I haven't confirmed it personally myself (I don't own 2 PS4s). You can test it out with a free PS+ game before actually purchasing a game.

So ps4 goes like this (I'm getting confused with all the posts) I make his console my primary on my PSN acct. Buy and download (insert name) digitally on primary console. Then I download (insert name) on secondary console. Both PS4s can play on PSN at the same time?
Only your PSN ID (purchaser's account) can play on the 2nd console. Anyone can play on the first console.

Yeah the South Park game wasn't on my radar after all the delays, and then I watched that gameplay video. I couldn't pre-order fast enough after that.

I'm definitely getting South Park along with Dark Souls 2. I just wish the Infamous Collector's Edition would come back in stock :(

Plus isn't as nice as it's hyped up to be. It's okay if you like getting games you can continue to play as long as your subscription doesn't run out, but I like owning my games. I'm still playing games from the GameCube era to this day after all. Besides, games go on sale all the time and I buy them cheap (unless it's a game I've decided to play at launch which is rare). I get to keep my games which is all I care about. I got a free trial once and only took advantage of the discounts since I new the "free" games would expire as soon as it ran out. Now that it's mandatory for online on PS4 I'll end up subscribing to it eventually anyway but it's never something that interested me to begin with. My brother has Games With Gold which at least lets you keep your games whether you have Live or not and I think that's slightly more attractive but still just an excuse to justify paying for online. I don't think Sony would've ever introduced this if it wasn't to eventually end up with a pay for online service anyway and I'm at least glad they're leaving it free on PS3 until PS4 takes over.

Any idea if EDF 2025 is going to be stocked in the stores?

The listing online has only been for delivery which would lead me to believe they won't have it in B&M?

Any idea if EDF 2025 is going to be stocked in the stores?

The listing online has only been for delivery which would lead me to believe they won't have it in B&M?
I asked a similar question on the BB forums and the mod said they have no plans of doing in-store pick ups which makes it seem like they may not get any at all in store, mine already shipped but I won't be getting it on release day now which is a bummer since I was really looking forward to playing it with my friends right away.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Earth-Defense-Force-2025-Xbox-360/m-p/780697#M24135

I asked a similar question on the BB forums and the mod said they have no plans of doing in-store pick ups which makes it seem like they may not get any at all in store, mine already shipped but I won't be getting it on release day now which is a bummer since I was really looking forward to playing it with my friends right away.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Earth-Defense-Force-2025-Xbox-360/m-p/780697#M24135
Damn. I had held out on ordering it because I was hoping I could just nab it in store Tuesday. My masters is at night in the city on Wednesday and Thursday and they dont leave packages at my apartment so I would have to wait until Friday to get it anyway regardless of when it arrived (so long as it was before Friday haha)

Can't beat the 20% off though through BB.

Thanks for the heads up.. even though it is bad news : P

If you guys are doing the petition still, I would love if they added Dark Souls to the deal. I haven't see any kind of deal for it yet. It will be the first game I have ever pre-ordered, and i'd be less iffy on it with this deal. 

At this point, trying to convince someone that PS+ is a good deal is like trying to convince someone to have a piece of free cake at an office birthday party.  ;)  

At this point, trying to convince someone that PS+ is a good deal is like trying to convince someone to have a piece of free cake at an office birthday party. ;)
But cake is fattening and a stab against a healthy body. I have turned down many cakes/ desserts here in the office.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhh

: P

But cake is fattening and a stab against a healthy body. I have turned down many cakes/ desserts here in the office.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhh

: P
Me too - but you see, most people don't require any convincing and the ones that do you'll never convince!

/lawyer'd! :p

Are these $10 certificates still available? When I look at Titanfall 360 at bestbuy.com there is no mention of a $10 rewards certificate anywhere.

Are these $10 certificates still available? When I look at Titanfall 360 at bestbuy.com there is no mention of a $10 rewards certificate anywhere.
If you talking about it doesn't show on the actual product page it doesn't show on none the bonus games product pages but it is still listed as a qualifying $10 certificate preorder game and still active it you click the first link in the op it will take you to the list of all qualifying games and titanfall is still listed as one of them

Yes, I saw that, but in the past it would say in the game listing that you get an $X certificate. Just wondering if the linked page is a mistake, because I can't find it when I go to bestbuy.com and search around.

Yes, I saw that, but in the past it would say in the game listing that you get an $X certificate. Just wondering if the linked page is a mistake, because I can't find it when I go to bestbuy.com and search around.
Go to bestbuy.com click on products scroll down to video games movies music and more click that then click video games then click my gamer club and it should show there

Go to bestbuy.com click on products scroll down to video games movies music and more click that then click video games then click my gamer club and it should show there
Ah, thanks. It's strange that they are no longer showing the credit in the game listing, but I guess that's Best Buy….

I am definitely getting titanfall day 1 now. It honestly is a good enough game that I am contemplating buying an xbox 1 to make sure I get respawn giving me updates to the game

How does price matching work with GCU? I feel like stick of truth will drop fairly quick and I don't want it to be bashing my head against a wall if, for example, it drops to 50, which would be 40 after GCU (but I will have "only" paid 48 with GCU when it was $60)? 

In other words, do they PM it to the new price and give you the GCU discount? or does the price drop need to drop below what you paid after GCU?

EDIT: Presuming a price match to Best Buy prices, obviously.

I dont often get really good games in store for $1-$10 bucks.
I had a year of Plus before (which I got free). The discounted games that are usually $1-$10 are a. games from earlier in the gen that are cheap even on disc now or b. indie games which I rarely have any interest in. Usually newly released disc based games get cheaper on disc than they do on the PS Store (such is the case with Assassin's Creed for example). I know what I'm talking about. Don't think I'd be here if I was anything but a true CAG.

How does price matching work with GCU? I feel like stick of truth will drop fairly quick and I don't want it to be bashing my head against a wall if, for example, it drops to 50, which would be 40 after GCU (but I will have "only" paid 48 with GCU when it was $60)?

In other words, do they PM it to the new price and give you the GCU discount? or does the price drop need to drop below what you paid after GCU?

EDIT: Presuming a price match to Best Buy prices, obviously.
That's...a pretty good question actually. Normally with competitors PMs, they say "choose one, not both", but in this case, it's their OWN prices. I could easily see them saying the same thing, and forcing you to do a return and rebuy (hence nulling the $10 preorder GC), but I don't work for them. If you get the chance, try it out. Hopefully it'll work in your favor.

That's...a pretty good question actually. Normally with competitors PMs, they say "choose one, not both", but in this case, it's their OWN prices. I could easily see them saying the same thing, and forcing you to do a return and rebuy (hence nulling the $10 preorder GC), but I don't work for them. If you get the chance, try it out. Hopefully it'll work in your favor.
I have done it before but it ymmv depends on if you get a good rep who understand common sense or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back