Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
That's...a pretty good question actually. Normally with competitors PMs, they say "choose one, not both", but in this case, it's their OWN prices. I could easily see them saying the same thing, and forcing you to do a return and rebuy (hence nulling the $10 preorder GC), but I don't work for them. If you get the chance, try it out. Hopefully it'll work in your favor.
You can PM and still get the discount. You may have to explain the discount situation to the employee though, most of them don't know what GCU is.

How does price matching work with GCU? I feel like stick of truth will drop fairly quick and I don't want it to be bashing my head against a wall if, for example, it drops to 50, which would be 40 after GCU (but I will have "only" paid 48 with GCU when it was $60)?

In other words, do they PM it to the new price and give you the GCU discount? or does the price drop need to drop below what you paid after GCU?

EDIT: Presuming a price match to Best Buy prices, obviously.
It can be done, but like others have said, it depends on the rep you get.

If all else fails you could ask them to ring up a new transaction to show them what the price should be now and have them make your original transaction match that. I've found that can get them to match even if they don't understand what you're talking about with discounts and what not since they see you're not trying to pull a fast one on them.

Best Buy employee here. As others have said you should be fine as long as you explain the situation to the rep. Worst case scenario ask for them to call someone over from the Lifestyles department as we cover Gaming and will know what to do.

Best Buy employee here. As others have said you should be fine as long as you explain the situation to the rep. Worst case scenario ask for them to call someone over from the Lifestyles department as we cover Gaming and will know what to do.
Hrm... Still sounds like it would be a bit of a headache to consider before jumping, but I do thank you (and the others) for your responses. At least I know it is POSSIBLE.

50% Off Titanfall Limited Edition Game Guide

when you pre-order Titanfall.

Hardcover Edition with Bonuses- Premium metallic hardcover treatments, upgraded high quality paper, custom insert*, and exclusive Q&A with Respawn Entertainment.

Custom Hammond Robotics Insert*- Inside a 7" x 10" inch custom envelope marked with a Hammond Robotics logo are three, 2-sided collectible lithographs showing amazing artwork of the Titans with backstory and technical information.

Ended up pre-ordering Titanfall for the 360. Hopefully it's a good port. No X1 here and none in my near future either. I wish it was less than $50 after tax, but the the $10 credit helps (though I'm not one that thinks of that as $10 off Titanfall, because it isn't).

I can't wait to get the South Park game CE. 

Definitely going to be sweet stacking the GCU and getting the $10 RZ cert later on. Hopefully no issues with this transaction. 

This will be my first gaming purchase since the GCU renewal. Fingers crossed.

Definitely going to be sweet stacking the GCU and getting the $10 RZ cert later on. Hopefully no issues with this transaction.

Considering the pre-order comes with the extra costumes. I just stuck with the regular edition.

The map could be cool I suppose, but seems like I have enough junk lying around and I already have a smaller kidrobot variation of the cartman figure.

how come it seem there is never any $10 preorder bonuses on first party Nintendo games? the new donkey kong, smash bros, and Mario kart games I would of picked up on the spot without hestitation if there were a part of the program

how come it seem there is never any $10 preorder bonuses on first party Nintendo games? the new donkey kong, smash bros, and Mario kart games I would of picked up on the spot without hestitation if there were a part of the program
It is up to the publisher more than BB to offer bonuses. Nintendo games rarely go on sale and hold their value for a long time.

The MAP agreement for Nintendo is probably more restrictive than other publishers. I think Best Buy found a way around this by just making an exclusive paid subscription with a general 20% off discount on all video games.

It is up to the publisher more than BB to offer bonuses. Nintendo games rarely go on sale and hold their value for a long time.

The MAP agreement for Nintendo is probably more restrictive than other publishers. I think Best Buy found a way around this by just making an exclusive paid subscription with a general 20% off discount on all video games.
I get that but how would other retailer be able to offer bonuses then? for instance on donkey kong tropical freeze kmart is offering a $15 in points preorder bonus http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/327507-kmart-donkey-kong-tropical-freeze-4999-and-15-in-points-with-pre-order-ends-220/

Chalk me up as another one that was hoping for a $10 rewards cert for Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros. Smash Bros I have zero interest in, but my kids love those games. Mario Kart 8 is for me. :)

I get that but how would other retailer be able to offer bonuses then? for instance on donkey kong tropical freeze kmart is offering a $15 in points preorder bonus http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/327507-kmart-donkey-kong-tropical-freeze-4999-and-15-in-points-with-pre-order-ends-220/
Each retailer has a different agreement with the manufacture. Kmart probably offered something in exchange(Buying more older titles, more Wii Us, etc..) for Nintendo to allow that. I didn't say it was impossible but that Nintendo's MAP agreement is more restrictive to work with probably. Best Buy might want some other incentives from Nintendo instead like being able to offer a sale on the title quicker after release. They probably feel the 20% off unlocked discount is enough incentive to cover day 1 sales. Kmart when they offer a good day 1 deal, usually it means you will never see a sale on that game after release for awhile.

You can just look at the Amazon Nintendo console issue. Rumor was that Amazon was pissed Nintendo offered better wholesale rates for their consoles to brick and mortar stores like Walmart than internet retailers. Plus the whole 3DS screens easily getting damaged in transit and Nintendo not reimbursing them forced Amazon to no longer offer Nintendo consoles. You can probably already tell Nintendo is a stubborn company to work with.

You can say Nintendo is like the Apple of the video game industry. They have tight control on pricing and the quality of their products.

Planning to buy a used game at Best Buy store/online. Two questions:

1) The one with covers at the store, is it safe to buy one that will bring all content inside, manual and all?

2) When shopping online, how likely it is to receive a game with all content?

Just saying their's a slim chance you may get a $20 cert instead of the $10 but I wouldn't count on it. There's a issue with this game being overlapse from a previous promotion they had. There's a thread under gamer club section in their forums regarding it. I won't go into the full details, but the short verison they keep changing their answer regarding the matter. Now it's so murkey no one knows for sure what's going on and we're waiting for a clear answer.

Pre-ordered my copy of South Park and Titanfall. I'll do my best to beat South Park before Titanfall is released. $47.99 for each is a good deal.

Just saying their's a slim chance you may get a $20 cert instead of the $10 but I wouldn't count on it. There's a issue with this game being overlapse from a previous promotion they had. There's a thread under gamer club section in their forums regarding it. I won't go into the full details, but the short verison they keep changing their answer regarding the matter. Now it's so murkey no one knows for sure what's going on and we're waiting for a clear answer.
I totally forgot about that!

I'll be happy either way especially with the GCU stack,

Preordered Titanfall in-Store.

Does anyone know if I will receive points for purchasing Amazon Kindle gift cards? I was going to order something on Amazon but if I can get points at Best Buy by purchasing Amazon Kindle gift cards, I'll take that extra step.

Preordered Titanfall in-Store.

Does anyone know if I will receive points for purchasing Amazon Kindle gift cards? I was going to order something on Amazon but if I can get points at Best Buy by purchasing Amazon Kindle gift cards, I'll take that extra step.
If you pay with cash or credit card yes you get points. If you pay with store credit you do not get points

Thanks for the support so far guys: my idea to add the $10 preorder bonus to Second Son is now 'under review'!

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Add-Infamous-Second-Son-for-PS4-to-Preorder-and-Get-10-in-Reward/idc-p/785543#M4116

Keep it up!
The team that would be in charge of this has informed me that this is not a possibility with this title.
Bad news, they denied it. Most likely because Infamous Second Son is releasing soon and these deals need a good amount of time to approve/work with the publisher. ideaX normally takes 6 months - 1 year to implement after creation if BB decides to go forward with it.

I think a good time to do another "additional RZ cert games request" is after E3. When the new games are revealed which gives Best Buy more time to work on them.

Make The Order: 1886 a part of this. Guaranteed it will generate a shit-ton of preorders. I mean 47.99 plus $10(maybe $20) bonus cert. Who wouldn't buy that? Assuming you are GCU.

Bad news, they denied it. Most likely because Infamous Second Son is releasing soon and these deals need a good amount of time to approve/work with the publisher. ideaX normally takes 6 months - 1 year to implement after creation if BB decides to go forward with it.

I think a good time to do another "additional RZ cert games request" is after E3. When the new games are revealed which gives Best Buy more time to work on them.
yeah, you might want to go with plan b, and start a new idea of basically adding $10 to all upcoming next gen titles that are release in late 2014, and beyond

Yeah, I just saw they really cleaned up the ideax stuff I wouldn`t be surprised if they sneaked in a non ad promo though. Maybe a $10 instant giftcard or $10 off something else Sony related like PSN card or accessories.

All major releases for Wii U/XB1/PS4 should be apart of it.
the mods already responded to the topic of adding wii-u games as not feasible,

here is the responses:

Thank you for posting your question to the forum. I would have to believe that adding Nintendo Wii U versions of the eligible gaming titles to the "Get $10" pre-order offer has been considered in the past; however, the pre-order offer tends to only be eligible for gaming titles that the two major consoles (Xbox and PlayStation) share. I appreciate your suggestion and will make sure it is made visible to our program team so that it can be properly reviewed for future gaming titles.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club/Any-Chance-of-Adding-Nintendo-Games-to-the-Get-10-Pre-Order/td-p/779743

here is the responses:

Thank you for posting your question to the forum. I would have to believe that adding Nintendo Wii U versions of the eligible gaming titles to the "Get $10" pre-order offer has been considered in the past; however, the pre-order offer tends to only be eligible for gaming titles that the two major consoles (Xbox and PlayStation) share. I appreciate your suggestion and will make sure it is made visible to our program team so that it can be properly reviewed for future gaming titles.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club/Any-Chance-of-Adding-Nintendo-Games-to-the-Get-10-Pre-Order/td-p/779743
I'm confused that there response that the game has to be multiplatform on both xbox and playstation to be eligible yet Titanfall is a Xbox exclusive and isn't on play station? Lol someone at best buy is bullshitting

here is the responses:

There`s an ideax thread dedicated exclusively for getting Nintendo versions added("Nintendo Unlocked")to many promos but only 24 people have spoke up since last July. Same reason why PC versions are excluded from alot of promos.

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Nintendo-Unlocked/idi-p/695535
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Past-Due-Show-Love-for-PC-Gamers/idi-p/528964

south park stick of truth collectors edition unboxing
After watching this video, I'm glad that I didn't preorder the Wizard Edition...the extras are just a figure and a map (many games that I've purchased, like GTAV, skyrim, and red dead redemption, already come with the map inside the game box)

Even the Aliens Colonial Marines CE that I purchased for $10 was full of [cheap] goodies

I'm confused that there response that the game has to be multiplatform on both xbox and playstation to be eligible yet Titanfall is a Xbox exclusive and isn't on play station? Lol someone at best buy is bullshitting
titanfalls qualifies as multiplatform because it is on pc, xbox 360, xbox one. which in their eyes are consider multiplatform

After watching this video, I'm glad that I didn't preorder the Wizard Edition...the extras are just a figure and a map (many games that I've purchased, like GTAV, skyrim, and red dead redemption, already come with the map inside the game box)

Even the Aliens Colonial Marines CE that I purchased for $10 was full of [cheap] goodies
Colonial Marines CE had a $100 MSRP, so it is reasonable they'd include more extras than a game with an $80 MSRP. I am also quite hopeful that Stick of Truth will be a better game, so there's that, too.

Colonial Marines CE had a $100 MSRP, so it is reasonable they'd include more extras than a game with an $80 MSRP. I am also quite hopeful that Stick of Truth will be a better game, so there's that, too.
Just from the 13 minute video alone. This game is a strong contender for game of the year.

But then again there's also Titanfall, Destiny, and 10+ more amazing titles to release this year.

It was a good effort anyway.

Does Wolfenstien for ps4 get the $10 certificate? It doesn't seem like when I go to check out.
Yes it does, the PS4/XB1 ones just don't have the promo added to their respective pages. Keep these links saved on file if any issues arise for proof.

http://www.bestbuy.com/m/e/promotion.jsp?id=pcmcat308600050024&ref=158&loc=56
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/my-best-buy-wolfenstein-the-new-order?ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-nabyjMiSn7ZgKBqJeOH8Rg

does anyone have any answers on south park stick of truth yet? I been gcu at least since mid 2012 but never preordered the game but it was $20 preorder bonus back then so which is it? cause if it $20 I will preorder it now

edit: and also if it does receive the $20 promo still if I pay $20 of the total in certificates I already have will I still receive the $20 back in points/certificate also?

does anyone have any answers on south park stick of truth yet? I been gcu at least since mid 2012 but never preordered the game but it was $20 preorder bonus back then so which is it? cause if it $20 I will preorder it now

edit: and also if it does receive the $20 promo still if I pay $20 of the total in certificates I already have will I still receive the $20 back in points/certificate also?
Yes if you paid any portion with a cert you still qualify for the bonus promo. However whatever the dollar amount is paid with the cert you don't get the points on that. Example if you paid $60 cash on it you get 60 rewards points plus the bonus promo, but if you paid say $40 cash w/$20 cert you'll only get 40 points for the $40 cash amount you paid plus the bonus promo.

Now as for what bonus promo you'll get, I don't know sorry.

We'll find out soon though, the game has shipped for some and in my case already showed as pending with the points on my account but there's no mention of the bonus promo points. Every other time with a bonus promo with me, once the game shows up as pending it has the bonus trasaction showing underneath it, this time I have nothing.

Yes if you paid any portion with a cert you still qualify for the bonus promo. However whatever the dollar amount is paid with the cert you don't get the points on that. Example if you paid $60 cash on it you get 60 rewards points plus the bonus promo, but if you paid say $40 cash w/$20 cert you'll only get 40 points for the $40 cash amount you paid plus the bonus promo.

Now as for what bonus promo you'll get, I don't know sorry.

We'll find out soon though, the game has shipped for some and in my case already showed as pending with the points on my account but there's no mention of the bonus promo points. Every other time with a bonus promo with me, once the game shows up as pending it has the bonus trasaction showing underneath it, this time I have nothing.
Thanks For the reply i just preordered it earlier tonight cause I found where two days ago on the best buy forum the rep said as long as you were a gcu member when the $20 was around that the $20 will qualify as long as it preordered before release date and I been gcu for two years so I should qualify for the $20 then

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back