Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
So has the GCU been useful for the average user?  20% off new games seems nice but how often are there promos with credit for preorders (such as what's mentioned in this thread)?  I feel like that is what would make it worth it vs just waiting for price drops or buying used. 

I find the Halo 5 pre-order amusing.  Probably over a year away until we see it.

I'll pre-order a bunch though.  Use my $30 in RZ certs from Wolfenstein and Watch_Dogs.  I want Sunset OD, Halo, Madden, CoD, etc.

So has the GCU been useful for the average user? 20% off new games seems nice but how often are there promos with credit for preorders (such as what's mentioned in this thread)? I feel like that is what would make it worth it vs just waiting for price drops or buying used.
I think it is well worth it at $60 if you buy enough games. At $120 I would pass. You also get 10% more on trade ins (on the base) if you are one to trade games.

It allows me to buy new games and play/beat them and trade them in without a huge loss.

I find the Halo 5 pre-order amusing. Probably over a year away until we see it.

I'll pre-order a bunch though. Use my $30 in RZ certs from Wolfenstein and Watch_Dogs. I want Sunset OD, Halo, Madden, CoD, etc.
Didn't they also have Dying Light as a $10 cert preorder for a long time as well?

Also, they know Halo is a huge seller.

Wish Best Buy's support would contact me I've tried Twitter and the regular reward zone website. Made a $55 certificate and quickly realized they won't let you redeem them on purchases under that amount which makes it useless towards any game buying. Been trying to get them to help and refund points with no luck.
You can order something online for more than $55 and use the certificate. Then turn around and cancel that order right away. Your reward zone certs will be returned to your account as points with in 24 hours

Is the watchdogs preorder bonus "Breakthrough Pack" one per account or one per game?  I preordered two watch dogs and only got one code... Any idea who I should call to get the other code if I should indeed be getting two codes?

Is the watchdogs preorder bonus "Breakthrough Pack" one per account or one per game? I preordered two watch dogs and only got one code... Any idea who I should call to get the other code if I should indeed be getting two codes?
I didn't even get my code. I had to call 1-800-BESTBUY to get mine emailed to me. So call them. Ask to speak to someone in the gaming/digital department.

Anyone ever have any luck preordering a game, then exchanging it for the same game on a different console and still getting their $10 preorder cert?

I ask bc I ordered the ps3 version of watchdogs but I actually need the ps4 version.

Anyone ever have any luck preordering a game, then exchanging it for the same game on a different console and still getting their $10 preorder cert?

I ask bc I ordered the ps3 version of watchdogs but I actually need the ps4 version.
since it will be a different SKU they will have to actually return it for inventory reasons so unfortunately you will lose the $10 if you do that

When I pre-order the Collector's Edition for WatchDogs way back in Nov. It didn't give me the option to do store pick up so now I'm waiting for the postman to deliver it. :( Would have love to just do the midnight launch to pick it up myself.

When I pre-order the Collector's Edition for WatchDogs way back in Nov. It didn't give me the option to do store pick up so now I'm waiting for the postman to deliver it. :( Would have love to just do the midnight launch to pick it up myself.
Just for future reference you can call 1888-bestbuy and speak to post purchase support for video games to change a pre-order from shipping to store pickup if it hasn't got to the preparing order state if you can place a new order online for in store pickup.

Oh my goshhhhh, Best Buy is amazinggggg

Edit:
I was going to wait till Black Friday to grab FIFA but given it's "$38 + tax", I'm down for it on release day! I wouldn't mind if they added NHL, too. Not a hockey fan, but I'd jump on it if it was there.

Halo, FIFA, NBA, CoD, Destiny, AC, Batman, Madden.

Need. more. credit.

The best thing about this is:

Even if you don't want any of those games, get it for a friend with the offer and convert your gift card to cash that way  :D/

So has the GCU been useful for the average user? 20% off new games seems nice but how often are there promos with credit for preorders (such as what's mentioned in this thread)? I feel like that is what would make it worth it vs just waiting for price drops or buying used.
Pretty much every truly AAA title gets the $10 promo but the "average user" is a matter of your definition. Doesn`t matter what type of gamer you are if you spend a certain amount yr GCU is worth it. People who wait for drops will still overpay in the long run over 2 yrs b/c the price they wait for a GCU will most likely get the same price faster with the 20% discount or the same price + another 20% off. BB used prices or high TIV`s will still end up being better over 2 yrs.

At $60 the only way GCU won`t work for you is either you won`t buy 2-3 games per yr or you only buy games at $20 or less with a total spending amount under $150 per yr.

With the $60 sub & $100 investment that can cover AT LEAST 6-7 games w/$10 credit doing a play n trade. And you're end result will be under $20 per title on day 1 or even being paid to play for a while.

Really simple just buy the PS4 copy & then return the PS3 one you will have still met all the requirements for the $10.
There are only 2 requirements
1- Pre-order the title
2- Purchase by the Sat of release week(in-store) & I believe you have an extra day or two for in-store P/U

Is the watchdogs preorder bonus "Breakthrough Pack" one per account or one per game? I preordered two watch dogs and only got one code... Any idea who I should call to get the other code if I should indeed be getting two codes?
So have all you guys been getting your preorder code? I haven't got mine, but figured it'd take a day or two. Should I wait or call?

So if I preorder 2 copies of the same title, does the preorder certs/bonuses apply to whichever I preordered first or the copy I pickup first?

there hasnt been a ps4 exclusive put on this promo yet so i dont expect last of us to be on this promo either. if you notice all of the titles on this promo get put on the list as soon as they are announced, even without a true release date

Wasn't PS3 Last of Us part of the $20 promo?
true but this is a port on the next gen system, not exactly a brand new game. Tomb Raider was a part of the old promo to I believe but did they do a promo for the next gen xbox one and ps4 ports when they were released also, no?

If it was a completely new game then the chances it be added be a lot better but since it is the same exact game but just ported to ps4 and re-mastered it doubtful best buy will add it.

The PS4 Last of Us probably won`t be a $10 pre-order game but b/c it`s a highly popular port along the lines of TR DE there`s several other options which would be equal or better than the $10.
1- An inflated trade in value for the PS3 version towards the PS4 one
2- A $10-$20 instant giftcard deal like the dark souls offer
3- They could also take $20 off titles with it`s purchase or a combo of the above
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Offer-a-trade-in-promotion-for-The-Last-of-Us-on-PS4/idi-p/803794

I pre-ordered watch dogs and paid in full with a gift card online. I see the order transaction on the mybestbuy site but shows 0 points... I am a gamers club unlocked member... Does using a GC to pay in full disqualify the transaction from receiving the 500 bonus points or should I just not worry until 30 days later or so when points typically post?

^ same here, it's been a couple days and doesn't show pending points. When I pre-ordered Wolfenstein it appeared the day after. Also, if I ordered in store pick up for watch dogs does the pre order bonus (Breakthrough pack) get emailed or should it have been on the receipt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back