Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It says you get a free Multiplayer Guide or something in the description. I hope $10 comes also.
there nothing like that in the description and I double checked to make sure. So far there is only two retailers offering anything extra on top of the game and best buy is not one of them at this point

there nothing like that in the description and I double checked to make sure. So far there is only two retailers offering anything extra on top of the game and best buy is not one of them at this point
Check the SPECIAL OFFERS on this link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/halo-the-master-chief-collection-xbox-one/7041003.p?id=1219248578893&skuId=7041003&st=halo collection&lp=1&cp=1

Better link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Games-Promotions/Halo/pcmcat281900050003.c?id=pcmcat281900050003

Based on this link, the $10 does not look promising for the Halo Collection

Best Buy just announced an hour ago that GTA V for PS4, X1, and PC will be part of the $10 cert. promotion.

uKuLDAz.png

I was really hoping for The Last of Us Remastered to make the list but alas.

Even a trade-in bonus wouldn't benefit me since I bought the digital version. =(

Also was I imagining things but I thought Dragon Age was on the list? Or was that hopeful wishing?

Even a trade-in bonus wouldn't benefit me since I bought the digital version. =(

Also was I imagining things but I thought Dragon Age was on the list? Or was that hopeful wishing?
Hopeful wishing.

well it ain't best buy but Kmart has a $20 points back for last of us ps4 and you can usually stack other coupons on top of it

Man evolve is really tempting. I dont really buy games new anymore since I have so many to play that I just wait till most drop in price but I also dont know how long the community will thrive for it. I also dont want to come in so late that everyone just blows through the levels and gets pissy when you dont also.

Best Buy just announced an hour ago that GTA V for PS4, X1, and PC will be part of the $10 cert. promotion.

uKuLDAz.png
I wonder if you can double dip (get another certificate) if you already pre-ordered it for last gen and got the $20 cert back then. Also F rockstar for not letting you import your single player game save.

I wonder if you can double dip if you already bought it for last gen. Also F rockstar for not letting you import your single player game save.
You can get the $10 promo. cert again. Not sure if you will get GTA V for next gen counted as the same title for GTA V last gen for gamers unlock discount purposes...

Sunset Overdrive will be getting an exclusive pre-order bonus from Best Buy.

fo_sunsetoverdriveOABBY0601.gif

Opinions are welcome for this. The following games are coming out that I am very interested in, but it's a lot of money to spend on games IMO when my backlog is so large.

I have all of these pre-ordered already:
Destiny

Dying Light
Shadows of Mordor

Batman Arkham Knight

I am also interested in:
The Last of Us - Traded in my PS3 copy to Target in anticipation of this
GTA5 - Same as TLOU

Diablo 3 - Same as TLOU

AC Unity - Never finished AC3 or AC4, but I am excited about online co-op

Far Cry 4

I feel like getting, or thinking about getting 9 games at launch is insane.

So what are are the top...3 or 4 games in that last that you all think will drop in price the SLOWEST?

Opinions are welcome for this. The following games are coming out that I am very interested in, but it's a lot of money to spend on games IMO when my backlog is so large.

I have all of these pre-ordered already:
Destiny

Dying Light
Shadows of Mordor

Batman Arkham Knight

I am also interested in:
The Last of Us - Traded in my PS3 copy to Target in anticipation of this
GTA5 - Same as TLOU

Diablo 3 - Same as TLOU

AC Unity - Never finished AC3 or AC4, but I am excited about online co-op

Far Cry 4

I feel like getting, or thinking about getting 9 games at launch is insane.

So what are are the top...3 or 4 games in that last that you all think will drop in price the SLOWEST?
Dying Light And Batman aren't coming until sometime in 2015, so there's 2 games that you don't have to budget for this year.

That would be an insane deal if it were here, after GCU and cert plus 30% off..

Oh well, I'm already in on Far Cry 4, still got to get in on Destiny, Unity, and GTAV.  Will prob rent everything else.  What a huge fall for gaming and people are acting like there are no games coming this year. smh

The 30% off discount isn't much compared to what we get here. They don't have gamers club unlocked program or the $10 cert. program. Plus they pay $69.99 for their games.
Well if you don't have any of those things it's still pretty big savings for anyone interested in these games.

That would be an insane deal if it were here, after GCU and cert plus 30% off..

Oh well, I'm already in on Far Cry 4, still got to get in on Destiny, Unity, and GTAV. Will prob rent everything else. What a huge fall for gaming and people are acting like there are no games coming this year. smh
I think people act like that because there is very little coming this year that isn't on PS3/360 too. Heck, even LBP3 is coming to PS3.

There are plenty of great games coming out in 2014 but most of them are flawed on PS4/XBO coz they're held back by PS3/360 versions.

I really like this deal. I'd have a hard time picking these titles up for $60 new at launch but with GCU at $48 its much easier price to swallow for games at release, plus $10 for each game is basically paying $38 per title.

You can get the $10 promo. cert again. Not sure if you will get GTA V for next gen counted as the same title for GTA V last gen for gamers unlock discount purposes...
Yeah, I thought about that too but I think there`s gonna be another tweak to the limits
1- Either the counter will reset annually like what`s currently under review
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Gamers-Club-Unlocked-purchase-limit-changed-to-annually/idi-p/807556
Or
2- They offer a GCU tier that allows up to 6 discounted titles with a $2-$3 a la carte charge beyond $6 completely ending potential bans. Plus you would be allow to receive multiple $10 pre-order promos on the same account too. They would increase the annual cost above $60 but you`d only be able to purchase 1 year options. I`d assume there`d be way for existing GCU members to switch over as well if they wanted too.
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Offer-a-1-year-GCU-quot-Household-quot-Subscription-w-extended/idi-p/807868

Also, I need a list of missing $10 titles to request in 1 shot. They also said when you kudo the $10 pre-order list make sure to SPECIFY the title(s) you have the most interest in & are sure buys from BB if added. Some of them won`t get $10 BUT if the demand is there other promotions can be worked on like the $15 gc for Dark Souls 2, $10 gc for Murdered Suspect or $10 gas card for MK8. I think most people would prefer the instant gc over the 15 day wait for a mybb cert anyways.

I'd just keep TLOU, Destiny, and maybe GTA5. TLOU is a game you can finish in 2 weeks and trade in, no more DLCs or anything so no reason to keep it, but it should look absolutely gorgeous on PS4. Destiny goes into beta July 17th so you can try it out if you pre-order, cancel if its something you don't like or keep and probably play a few times a month for a long time. Likewise with GTA5 and online, although once you finish the SP campaign can trade in if a great trade offer comes around.

I would definitely NOT buy the new Assassins Creed or Far Cry until you play the previous games first. While you don't "need" to play them to enjoy them, you will enjoy them more if you do. May as well buy them once you are done with the previous ones, Ubisoft discounts aggressively so six months after release the games will be 50% off every other week (AC4 is 50% off in a bunch of places this week).

We simply don't know enough about Dying Light and Mordor to know if they will be good games or sucky games right now, may as well wait till release gets closer and early reviews trickle out.

[quote name="tearsintherain" post="11832527" timestamp="1402450108"I would definitely NOT buy the new Assassins Creed or Far Cry until you play the previous games first. While you don't "need" to play them to enjoy them, you will enjoy them more if you do. May as well buy them once you are done with the previous ones, Ubisoft discounts aggressively so six months after release the games will be 50% off every other week (AC4 is 50% off in a bunch of places this week).[/quote]

6 months? It releases on 10/28 50% off in 4 weeks from release on black friday. $25-$30 w/GCU even more reason to play n trade all year long. Rebuy all the yrs games you want during the holiday`s for $20-$30 further reduced by trade in credit & mybb certs while padding elite plus along the way.

Not too happy with Best Buy's CS as of lately. My $10 Gift Card from Soul Suspect was blank and after contacting CS and being told to wait 3 Days nothing has happened so now I'm stuck contacting them again.

In other news the GTA 5 $10 Certificate is pretty nice, but I wonder if the game will be a full $60 that seems way too steep just to add some graphical improvements. I might be interested in it just because I never beat GTA 5 but I won't even glance at it for $60.

Not too happy with Best Buy's CS as of lately. My $10 Gift Card from Soul Suspect was blank and after contacting CS and being told to wait 3 Days nothing has happened so now I'm stuck contacting them again.

In other news the GTA 5 $10 Certificate is pretty nice, but I wonder if the game will be a full $60 that seems way too steep just to add some graphical improvements. I might be interested in it just because I never beat GTA 5 but I won't even glance at it for $60.
sorry to hear that yea that been happening alot with any of the cards. in the DOTD Thread a few people even reported receiving unactivated xbox live cards to. and i know blank gift cards been a issue in the past alot to.

I'll probably pick up GTA V to play with some friends. My brother didn't play it yet so i'm pretty happy that its coming to current gen.

I'd just keep TLOU, Destiny, and maybe GTA5. TLOU is a game you can finish in 2 weeks and trade in, no more DLCs or anything so no reason to keep it, but it should look absolutely gorgeous on PS4. Destiny goes into beta July 17th so you can try it out if you pre-order, cancel if its something you don't like or keep and probably play a few times a month for a long time. Likewise with GTA5 and online, although once you finish the SP campaign can trade in if a great trade offer comes around.

I would definitely NOT buy the new Assassins Creed or Far Cry until you play the previous games first. While you don't "need" to play them to enjoy them, you will enjoy them more if you do. May as well buy them once you are done with the previous ones, Ubisoft discounts aggressively so six months after release the games will be 50% off every other week (AC4 is 50% off in a bunch of places this week).

We simply don't know enough about Dying Light and Mordor to know if they will be good games or sucky games right now, may as well wait till release gets closer and early reviews trickle out.
Thanks for the input. After some careful consideration I narrowed it down to the following games:

-Destiny

-The Last of Us (when $40). If this came with $10 it would be a day 1 buy.

-Diablo 3 ($40). Same as TLOU

-Far Cry 4 (perhaps going on it with a friend)

Part of me is like "THEY COME WITH $10!!!" but then I think I won't play them for a while and most of them are single-player experiences so I can easily wait for them to be cheaper. My PS4 backlog is about 10 games or so, and my PSV/PS3/360/3DS combined is about 300-400. Even if I choose to narrow it down to just 50-100 games I actually want to play I have enough to play until those games go down to the prices I rather pay.

In for GTA V on the PS4!!! Also, being able to invite your friends to play some coop in Far Cry 4 even if they dont have the game is a badass feature. In for that one as well!!! Now all BB needs to do is add LBP3 to this promo and Im set.

We need to hit the BB forums some more to try and get some more games added to list.

It's a shame UFC is not on there. It releases next week!
I need a list of missing $10 titles to request in 1 shot. They also said when you kudo the $10 pre-order list make sure to SPECIFY the title(s) you have the most interest in & are sure buys from BB if added. Some of them won`t get $10 BUT if the demand is there other promotions can be worked on like the $15 gc for Dark Souls 2, $10 gc for Murdered Suspect or $10 gas card for MK8. I think most people would prefer the instant gc over the 15 day wait for a mybb cert anyways.

So far I see LBP3 & TLOU PS4 posted
Edit:Forget Halo Master Chief collection

I need a list of missing $10 titles to request in 1 shot. They also said when you kudo the $10 pre-order list make sure to SPECIFY the title(s) you have the most interest in & are sure buys from BB if added. Some of them won`t get $10 BUT if the demand is there other promotions can be worked on like the $15 gc for Dark Souls 2, $10 gc for Murdered Suspect or $10 gas card for MK8. I think most people would prefer the instant gc over the 15 day wait for a mybb cert anyways.

So far I see LBP3 & TLOU PS4 posted
This is probably a lost cause, but a promo for Hyrule Warriors (Wii U, releasing 9/26) would be nice.

@enuf

Diablo 3: Ultimate Edition (It's triple dipping technically if you counted PC, should give out more incentives)

Dragon Age Inquisition  :pray:

Witcher 3 

Tom Clancy: The Division even though it won't be released until next year

The Order 1886 (There are two XB1 exclusives on the list so they should have at least one PS4 exclusive but now I feel bad for Wii U)

@enuf

Diablo 3: Ultimate Edition (It's triple dipping technically if you counted PC, should give out more incentives)

Dragon Age Inquisition :pray:

Witcher 3

Tom Clancy: The Division even though it won't be released until next year

The Order 1886 (There are two XB1 exclusives on the list so they should have at least one PS4 exclusive but now I feel bad for Wii U)
I second all of these. The Division doesn't interest me all that much, but whatever. :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back