Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a fan of shooters? Or just not the Division?

Honestly the Division was one the titles I got really excited for. From what I've heard and seen it's suppose to be a shooter MMO type game...kind of like what Destiny is suppose to be but less Sci-fi and more modern. It just seems a lot different then typical shooter games.

This is probably a lost cause, but a promo for Hyrule Warriors (Wii U, releasing 9/26) would be nice.
3DS/WiiU titles being added would have a real chance if more than the 36 & 4 people kudo`d them for support. Even PC gamers spoke up lightly & were rewarded by being added. These ideax need to be at least 75 to stand any real chance.

Nintendo Unlocked
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Nintendo-Unlocked/idi-p/695535

3DS/WiiU promotional additions
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Add-Wii-U-3DS-games-to-10-preorder-credit/idi-p/789566

Hey I forget when the titanfall bundle released didn't it count as part the titanfall $10 pre order? So techinally shouldn't the ps4 destiny bundle count as the $10 destiny preorder as well

@enuf

Diablo 3: Ultimate Edition (It's triple dipping technically if you counted PC, should give out more incentives)

Dragon Age Inquisition :pray:

Witcher 3

Tom Clancy: The Division even though it won't be released until next year

The Order 1886 (There are two XB1 exclusives on the list so they should have at least one PS4 exclusive but now I feel bad for Wii U)
Agreed. i would only submit the stuff releasing this year/soon.

UFC

Forza Horizon 2

NBA 2K15

Diablo 3

Halo MCC

Anyone have a link to the thread where we should be posting/kudos?

Not a fan of shooters? Or just not the Division?

Honestly the Division was one the titles I got really excited for. From what I've heard and seen it's suppose to be a shooter MMO type game...kind of like what Destiny is suppose to be but less Sci-fi and more modern. It just seems a lot different then typical shooter games.
The Division just seems much more multiplayer-centric than Destiny, and I'm not a fan of those kinds of games.

Big list I wish they had some ps4 only titles like tlou and lbp3
Oh well in for
Destiny
Shadows of mordor
Batman
Evolve
Gta5
Assassin's creed
Halo 5
And Sims 4 for the gf
Woo that's a lot of preorders

Hey I forget when the titanfall bundle released didn't it count as part the titanfall $10 pre order? So techinally shouldn't the ps4 destiny bundle count as the $10 destiny preorder as well
Actually the Titanfall bundle DID count for the $10 pre-order offer so yes the Destiny one should too. If you pre-ordered/purchased the titanfall bundle & didn`t get the $10 post on the forums BB owes you $10.

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club/10-Pre-order-Credit-for-titanfall-console-bundle/td-p/784655

Anyone have a link to the thread where we should be posting/kudos?
I`ll finalize the thread this Sat. that way I give people some time to get their list together.

In other news the GTA 5 $10 Certificate is pretty nice, but I wonder if the game will be a full $60 that seems way too steep just to add some graphical improvements. I might be interested in it just because I never beat GTA 5 but I won't even glance at it for $60.
I passed on GTA 5 on PS3 and XBox 360. I was getting a PS4 and wasn't 100% sold on GTA 5 (I hated 4). Just finished up Watch Dogs which had a bunch of driving which I normally don't care for but ended up liking the game. With all the good reviews GTA 5 has received I am pretty sure I will be in for a PS4 copy. $48 plus $10 back. Plus if I don't like it I can probably trade it for $44 in the first couple weeks. Cheap enough for me to give it a chance.

It does depend a bit on when it comes out though. I am getting Destiny, Borderlands Pre sequel, Far Cry 4, The Order 1886, and Arkham Night. If it comes out in the middle of the Fall games or too close to the 2015 games I might just wait till it is cheaper.

I passed on GTA 5 on PS3 and XBox 360. I was getting a PS4 and wasn't 100% sold on GTA 5 (I hated 4). Just finished up Watch Dogs which had a bunch of driving which I normally don't care for but ended up liking the game. With all the good reviews GTA 5 has received I am pretty sure I will be in for a PS4 copy. $48 plus $10 back. Plus if I don't like it I can probably trade it for $44 in the first couple weeks. Cheap enough for me to give it a chance.

It does depend a bit on when it comes out though. I am getting Destiny, Borderlands Pre sequel, Far Cry 4, The Order 1886, and Arkham Night. If it comes out in the middle of the Fall games or too close to the 2015 games I might just wait till it is cheaper.
That's my concern with the games launch. I'm getting Destiny but I might get GTA 5 if it comes out in September. Anything later then that and I'll be too busy with better games.

Your GCU right?

For the fall games buy on release if they come with $10
1- Trade in for $44
2- Rebuy on Black Friday use the cert to further reduce the cost you`ll have 2 of the $44 trade & 2-4 of the $10 credit to fully cover 5+ games in your backlog. All for about $20-$25 per game if that`s cheap enough for you. Pretty much a budget backlog.

Alot of people sleeping on the $60 sub cost & 5 $60 games will be kicking themselves once the holiday`s roll around & BB goes sale crazy. At that the $120 they gotta put up will equal 4-5 games.

3DS/WiiU titles being added would have a real chance if more than the 36 & 4 people kudo`d them for support. Even PC gamers spoke up lightly & were rewarded by being added. These ideax need to be at least 75 to stand any real chance.

Nintendo Unlocked
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Nintendo-Unlocked/idi-p/695535

3DS/WiiU promotional additions
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Add-Wii-U-3DS-games-to-10-preorder-credit/idi-p/789566
"This sounds reasonable to me, but I can tell you that this decision is not always made by us." - Allan-BBY

I don't think asking Best Buy to do the $10 cert. promotion for Nintendo titles is up to them. Sounds to me like Nintendo is blocking it from happening. It's not like this is the first time we are asking them, we have done this for 2-3 years on ideaX. I think Best Buy's gaming team would had got the message by now...

"This sounds reasonable to me, but I can tell you that this decision is not always made by us." - Allan-BBY

I don't think asking Best Buy to do the $10 cert. promotion for Nintendo titles is up to them. Sounds to me like Nintendo is blocking it from happening. It's not like this is the first time we are asking them, we have done this for 2-3 years on ideaX. I think Best Buy's gaming team would had got the message by now...
There`s something missing though how is it that Kmart is able to consistantly offer $10-$15 credit offers on Nintendo products? It`s not like kmart is a gaming powerhouse. And they did have offers on Zelda SS & MK8 however the MK8 offer doesn`t seem like it was partly subsidized by Nintendo at all.
Nintendo seems like they`re harder to work with or more demanding than say EA or Ubisoft which is probably b/c their 1st party titles have been epic sellers in the past. With the WiiU struggling & Sony/MS gaining ground BB should have some leverage.
If I was BB I`d work around it by offering $10 pre-order incentive coupons dated to fall when the Nintendo games released but limit the coupon access to GCU only.

Either way having huge feedback threads can`t do any harm we already don`t have Nintendo titles in the fold at least we`re giving BB reps more ammo to approach Nintendo with.

There`s something missing though how is it that Kmart is able to consistantly offer $10-$15 credit offers on Nintendo products? It`s not like kmart is a gaming powerhouse. And they did have offers on Zelda SS & MK8 however the MK8 offer doesn`t seem like it was partly subsidized by Nintendo at all.
Nintendo seems like they`re harder to work with or more demanding than say EA or Ubisoft which is probably b/c their 1st party titles have been epic sellers in the past. With the WiiU struggling & Sony/MS gaining ground BB should have some leverage.
If I was BB I`d work around it by offering $10 pre-order incentive coupons dated to fall when the Nintendo games released but limit the coupon access to GCU only.

Either way having huge feedback threads can`t do any harm we already don`t have Nintendo titles in the fold at least we`re giving BB reps more ammo to approach Nintendo with.
true but i think this article might make it one the reason there isnt much wii u games in the promotion either

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/9/5793660/ubisoft-unreleased-wii-u-games

Your GCU right?

For the fall games buy on release if they come with $10
1- Trade in for $44
2- Rebuy on Black Friday use the cert to further reduce the cost you`ll have 2 of the $44 trade & 2-4 of the $10 credit to fully cover 5+ games in your backlog. All for about $20-$25 per game if that`s cheap enough for you. Pretty much a budget backlog.

Alot of people sleeping on the $60 sub cost & 5 $60 games will be kicking themselves once the holiday`s roll around & BB goes sale crazy. At that the $120 they gotta put up will equal 4-5 games.
Yes I am GCU and Elite too so I can bank the points till Black Friday. I like your thinking here and will probably do that.

true but i think this article might make it one the reason there isnt much wii u games in the promotion either
http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/9/5793660/ubisoft-unreleased-wii-u-games
Even if we completely remove Wii games 3DS ones are just as massive as the PS3/360 & for the time being better than PS4/XB1. I think in general BB not have a true gaming presence at the top hurts them, they just don`t understand the unique gamer taste/purchase patterns. Some of the things they need to know won`t show up in raw numbers plus BB doesn`t know what to look for.

Even an adapted 5 for $100 on nintendo titles limited to GCU would do good #`s.

Yes I am GCU and Elite too so I can bank the points till Black Friday. I like your thinking here and will probably do that.
That`s the best part of all the games releasing in the fall you still get a good 2-3 weeks of playing before BF plus since you`re elite I think you get early BF access. And if you get vacation time off there`s plenty to play in your downtime. Techncally, you can pay n play all yr long with $100-$120 and then on BF get 10-15 game for under $300 with most of the cost completely covered by credit.

I am a little confused on one point.  If you use yourr rewards certificates on a preorder that also has a reward certificate, do you qualify on the preorder or not?  I figured you did, but I read a post on the best buy forums that seemed to indicate if you pay any part of a transaction with a reward certificate you do not qualify for another reward....

I am a little confused on one point. If you use yourr rewards certificates on a preorder that also has a reward certificate, do you qualify on the preorder or not? I figured you did, but I read a post on the best buy forums that seemed to indicate if you pay any part of a transaction with a reward certificate you do not qualify for another reward....
I used a certificate on Watch Dogs and got the $10 certificate 8 days later.

I used a certificate on Watch Dogs and got the $10 certificate 8 days later.
that is good to hear, but the official forum is filled with people asking why they were not rewarded points and the reason ends up being they paid for part of their order with a reward...from their rules it says

"Non-Qualifying Purchases: Marketplace purchases, leased products, purchases made prior to becoming a member, purchases/rentals at rent-to-own locations inside Best Buy stores, instant rebates, pre-orders at the time of deposit (the points will be awarded at the time of final payment or at the time you pick up the product), purchases made for resale, purchases paid with a reward certificate, purchases using any type of promotional financing, Best Buy gift card or Magnolia gift card, Miele appliances bought in AZ, CA, or NV, sales tax, service charges, certain Best Buy for Business or commercial purchases, other excluded charges, and certain items that are excluded in particular promotions."

that is good to hear, but the official forum is filled with people asking why they were not rewarded points and the reason ends up being they paid for part of their order with a reward...from their rules it says

"Non-Qualifying Purchases: Marketplace purchases, leased products, purchases made prior to becoming a member, purchases/rentals at rent-to-own locations inside Best Buy stores, instant rebates, pre-orders at the time of deposit (the points will be awarded at the time of final payment or at the time you pick up the product), purchases made for resale, purchases paid with a reward certificate, purchases using any type of promotional financing, Best Buy gift card or Magnolia gift card, Miele appliances bought in AZ, CA, or NV, sales tax, service charges, certain Best Buy for Business or commercial purchases, other excluded charges, and certain items that are excluded in particular promotions."
I believe that has to do with points in general. You don't get purchase points when using a cert but should get the bonus pre order points.

That applies to normal everyday purchases on the base points. These Promo points for the pre-orders are different. two seperate things you are looking at the completely wrong thing. the last 8 Pre-orders i have used $10 to $20 certificates and rest on gift card and i have gotten my pre-order points every single time.

I am probably going to get Halo Master Chief Collection digitally. It works out the same price as GCU if you factor in the extra $5 with purchase of $15 GC a few weeks ago. However if they do a $10 pre-order for that, I will have to get it on disc.

I am probably going to get Halo Master Chief Collection digitally. It works out the same price as GCU if you factor in the extra $5 with purchase of $15 GC a few weeks ago. However if they do a $10 pre-order for that, I will have to get it on disc.
Huh? How so. Halo MC will be $48 with a Skull bonus for Disc. Digitally it will be $60 (more than likely)

Best Buy / Micrsoft really need to start selling games as like a Downloadable Card. I would glady pay $60-20% for a downloadable card for a game I know I will keep forever.

Huh? How so. Halo MC will be $48 with a Skull bonus for Disc. Digitally it will be $60 (more than likely)

Best Buy / Micrsoft really need to start selling games as like a Downloadable Card. I would glady pay $60-20% for a downloadable card for a game I know I will keep forever.
well last week Best Buy had $30 MS card for $20, so if you bought two, then you're essentially paying $40 for a $60 digital title.

Going to be preordering Unity for PC.  Might be in for The Master Chief collection but I don't actually own a Xbox One yet.  I'm not buying the system for an hd collection.  I know there are plenty of games coming for Xbone next year and it is inevitable I get one (Phantom Dust) but I might wait unless black friday deals/other deals are good.

So since it release next week, it's pretty doubtful we'll get something for UFC now... i noticed they are giving out a bluray or something with purchase, does that apply to preorders? 

1. NBA 2K15
  2. FIFA 15
  3. Battlefield Hardline
  4. Halo: The Master Chief Collection

^Best Buy added the above titles to the promotion today.  :D

So since it release next week, it's pretty doubtful we'll get something for UFC now... i noticed they are giving out a bluray or something with purchase, does that apply to preorders?
I contacted the best buy elite number and asked them if I pre-ordered the UFC game would they add the Blu-ray they said no and I had to cancel my order and reorder it on Sunday to get the promotion

question for anyone:  I read on here how some of you are 'banking' points.  How are you doing this?  I have the setting set for issue at 20 dollars and they STILL issue me a cert every 5 dollars... i need to call customer service on that but i am much more interested in saving them up

Yes it is $60 digitally and $48 with GCU. I'm just factoring in the promo that MC was running where if you bought a $15 Xbox GC you would get a bonus $5 rebate. I bought 6 $15 Xbox GC during that promotion and sent the rebates in. I spent $90 but ended up with $120 in my microsoft account. So I would be using that credit to get the Master Chief Collection, $60 in credit that I only spent $45 on so it would work out close to the same as GCU with tax.

question for anyone: I read on here how some of you are 'banking' points. How are you doing this? I have the setting set for issue at 20 dollars and they STILL issue me a cert every 5 dollars... i need to call customer service on that but i am much more interested in saving them up
Go to https://my.bestbuy.com/ then log in and go to "My Certificates" and from there go to "Certificate Preferences". I think point banking might be an Elite exclusive, but otherwise you can just set a high value like 25,000 points.

Would you get the 20% on a card? I bought MK8 and it didn't.

Thanks, that makes sense (elite), but i do have it set for 20 dollar certs (the highest available option)but it still issues them every 5 dollars!  

I dont see anywhere where it says you get a $10 certificate for gta 5 for ps4..and yes i do have GCU :p..its not in the rewards zone account offers and not on the actual game page like all the other games have under special offers..

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back