Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
My refund via both gift card and PayPal (2 different orders) were fully refunded within minutes after she issued them. So they "wait a few hours/days" thing may be true but it doesn't have to be.
thanks for the reply and yea I just now got the email it just ridiculous it always a hassle and hour long phone call everytime I call About anything due to no training of the employees and misinformation among them.

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but can anyone confirm if you pre order and purchase a game in full with a bby gift card, will you still get the $10 reward certificate?

Thanks for letting us know the PM policy was updated. I got my $16 back with little effort. The rep was a little confused because of the GCU but she got it as I walked her through. This will be useful for future purchases.

AFAIK, Best Buy doesn't do guaranteed Release Date Delivery for game preorders. You should get it later this week, though.
That is pathetic. The customer service is garbage, been transferred incorrectly to corporate swithboard, then disconnected. (and disconnect a 2nd time) I can't believe a company the size of bestbuy can't do release date delivery. what the hell is the point of preordering a game if they don't come on time?

That is pathetic. The customer service is garbage, been transferred incorrectly to corporate swithboard, then disconnected. I can't believe a company the size of bestbuy can't do release date delivery. what the hell is the point of preordering a game if they don't come on time?
Pretty sure Amazon is the only on-line retailer that does release date delivery. Target can take weeks sometimes and Gamestop only does it generally if you pay for the expensive shipping option and even then it's not guaranteed. Not sure what you mean by "on time", Did you pay for express delivery through BB or did you use the free shipping option?

Pretty sure Amazon is the only on-line retailer that does release date delivery. Target can take weeks sometimes and Gamestop only does it generally if you pay for the expensive shipping option and even then it's not guaranteed. Not sure what you mean by "on time", Did you pay for express delivery through BB or did you use the free shipping option?
They shipped it over a week ago. There is no good reason not to offer release date delivery. I have always recieved my games the day they were released from amazon, microsoft store, or new egg. hell, walmart even delivered my game and xb1 a day early. if they want to compete with those retailers rdd is a must.

They shipped it over a week ago. There is no good reason not to offer release date delivery. I have always recieved my games the day they were released from amazon, microsoft store, or new egg. hell, walmart even delivered my game and xb1 a day early. if they want to compete with those retailers rdd is a must.
It'd be nice if they did, it is far from a must though. As someone who truly hates BB probably more than any other store, there is no denying you save the most money on new games with them. Between their TIV, GCU, and price matching I don't even pay out of pocket to game now. I have hundreds in credit. I would say those other retailers need to step up to compete with BB

So I didn't get my copy of sniper elite 3 on today.. is this a common problem for bestbuy? I preordered weeks ago.
I was getting worried because when I preorder blurays they ship it out on the Friday before (I live in Hawaii). I didn't see a shipping notice for my Sniper v3 until yesterday so I thought I wouldn't get it until Thursday but the shipping info with UPS updated this morning and it looks like it was shipped out from one of the stores here and will be here today. I had heard that BB does this sometimes.

I usually preorder games for in-store pickup but I felt a little lazy so I went for shipping on this game.

Seems like a total crapshoot.

I called about the Wolfenstein pricematch on Sunday and still haven't heard back after they told me they had to pass the case along to a different department.

For those that have successfully received the pricematch, did you get it right away over the phone?

Guess it is time to call Best Buy again...

I called about the Wolfenstein pricematch on Sunday and still haven't heard back after they told me they had to pass the case along to a different department.

For those that have successfully received the pricematch, did you get it right away over the phone?

Guess it is time to call Best Buy again...
Yes right away. I had to explain the 20% GCU thing, but once I did she was quick to issue both price matches back to my payment method. It took 5 minutes or less for the money to be back on my GC and Paypal.

Yes right away. I had to explain the 20% GCU thing, but once I did she was quick to issue both price matches back to my payment method. It took 5 minutes or less for the money to be back on my GC and Paypal.
Oh yeah? I talked to someone earlier today who said that she was passing it along to some other department and that I should see $16 back on my card in about 7 business days. Anyone else have their PM go through this way (and actually show up)?

For everyone else that was told that PM need to be refered to a different dept. I would suggest you call back. I called them Sunday and waited til today but still nothing so I called back and after 5 mins on the phone got my PM.

I need to make sure I hit Elite plus again next year especially now that PM is back.

DELL does release date delivery. I called Best Buy about switching shipping options and they told me to do it a few weeks before hand, because they try to do release date delivery so if I have to make any changes it can delay my order.

Are you able price match at the store even if the order is a store pick up? Or do they count that as an online order?

I purchased :pS3: Watch Dogs for $47.99 when it came out so that would be $8 back right? And $16 back for Wolfenstein? That's awesome.

Are you able price match at the store even if the order is a store pick up? Or do they count that as an online order?

I purchased :ps3: Watch Dogs for $47.99 when it came out so that would be $8 back right? And $16 back for Wolfenstein? That's awesome.
Store pickup orders are counted as online orders. Yes, you should be able to get those amounts back for Watch Dogs and Wolfenstein, so long as you're an Elite Plus member.

Store pickup orders are counted as online orders. Yes, you should be able to get those amounts back for Watch Dogs and Wolfenstein, so long as you're an Elite Plus member.
Thanks Vigilante...I am an Elite Plus member, so I guess I have to give them a call. & just to be, clear they will price adjust after GCU discount right? (I'm expecting them to be like you paid $47.99 and our price is now $49.99)

Thanks Vigilante...I am an Elite Plus member, so I guess I have to give them a call. & just to be, clear they will price adjust after GCU discount right? (I'm expecting them to be like you paid $47.99 and our price is now $49.99)
Just point out that you're a GCU member to explain why you paid $47.99 (20% off $59.99) initially, and that if you were to buy a copy now, it would be $39.99 (20% off $49.99). Hopefully they'll get the idea.

I finally got my post-purchase PM for Wolfenstein, but it took significantly longer than a lot of you reported--20+ minutes. :bomb:

Just point out that you're a GCU member to explain why you paid $47.99 (20% off $59.99) initially, and that if you were to buy a copy now, it would be $39.99 (20% off $49.99). Hopefully they'll get the idea.

I finally got my post-purchase PM for Wolfenstein, but it took significantly longer than a lot of you reported--20+ minutes. :bomb:
How do you get them to do this? Two reps and they both said they can only price match it to $39.99 and not give me the GCU 20% discount.

just call the BBY elite line and was transfer to post purchase support. CSR lied and say BBY don't pm sales price. FN BS. Man, there are so many ignorant people that can't comprehend simple company policy and have to resort to lying. 

How do you get them to do this? Two reps and they both said they can only price match it to $39.99 and not give me the GCU 20% discount.
You tell them they are lying because you paid for gcu and they should do it and if they won't then ask for a manager.

just call the BBY elite line and was transfer to post purchase support. CSR lied and say BBY don't pm sales price. FN BS. Man, there are so many ignorant people that can't comprehend simple company policy and have to resort to lying.
Tell them it's right on the Low Price Guarantee page: "If we lower our price during the return/exchange period, we will match our lower price, upon request."

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Payment-Pricing/Best-Buy-Low-Price-Guarantee/pcmcat297300050000.c?id=pcmcat297300050000

Probably talking about Wolfenstein
No, I was talking about Watch Dogs, which is $49.99 on PS3 and therefore $39.99 after GCU.

Need to get around to ordering Destiny. Thought the Chief Collection had the promo.
It did then they removed it. I wish they had it and forza horizon 2 included. While most games are multiplatform so they use that as an excuse, sunset overdrive and halo 5 are there so the other 2 should def be included. Plus it gives people more of an incentive to buy a racing game

For everyone else that was told that PM need to be refered to a different dept. I would suggest you call back. I called them Sunday and waited til today but still nothing so I called back and after 5 mins on the phone got my PM.

I need to make sure I hit Elite plus again next year especially now that PM is back.
I called back this morning but when they pulled up the order they could see that the PM was already in process. So calling back didn't do anything for me. Maybe they gave it to you right away since you already waited most of a week. I'll just be patient for now.

Anytime I ever pmed over the phone they gave it to me right away. The people that are waiting have a rep that didn't know what they were doing.

No, I was talking about Watch Dogs, which is $49.99 on PS3 and therefore $39.99 after GCU.
Talking about Jav0r's post

Wolfenstein is $39.99 but GCU is 31.99 but they'll only PM to the $39.99

It was the same problem I was having...which reminds me I need to call again about it -sigh-

I still think it's going to be hard to convince phone and in-store reps this is legit though.  I have a feeling many employee don't know about the Best Buy forums.

Well, if we keep phoning in and they keep denying us I'll just keep posting complaints about it on the board and having the board mods resolve it instead. Eventually they'll have to be retrained on this if complaints become frequent.  

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back